QMX Princess Bride - Westley, The Dread Pirate Roberts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barely and as for Firefly, no not at all. I just want jayne and I'll never get it even though they already made a prototype.

I guess I don’t share that mentality. There’s plenty of lines I’d like to see companies fill out but it doesn’t keep me from buying what they do make if it’s a franchise I really like. I’d rather be grateful and enjoy what’s available rather than bitter and not be able to enjoy anything from it at all.

Well good riddance, they couldn't have been more disappointing
I hate this company so much. Can someone tell qmx to stop being failures and finish princess bride and firefly. If not then give up the license to someone willing to make the damn figures.
Really? Westley's a cracking good figure!

They had good quality and who else has even tried to make anything from some of the licenses they acquired. One figure from a beloved movie is better than none at all.
Barely and as for Firefly, no not at all. I just want jayne and I'll never get it even though they already made a prototype.

I guess I don?t share that mentality. There?s plenty of lines I?d like to see companies fill out but it doesn?t keep me from buying what they do make if it?s a franchise I really like. I?d rather be grateful and enjoy what?s available rather than bitter and not be able to enjoy anything from it at all.
oqjnWm4.jpg

I'm torn, on the one hand as indicated they crafted a good figure, and developed the prototype for the next in the line, showing good faith in the licence , and their goal to continue the line.
Yet if sales weren't there, what are they supposed to do? Continue production at a loss?
They aren't just fans and completest making these for fun, they have to sell enough to pursue the next, and justify the licence.
Firefly and Princess Bride are terrific licence, and while glad to see someone snag the licence and at least try, would love to see them completed, yet if the fans aren't there, what can they do?
As much as I love their next choice...
images

For Princes Bride, I can't help but wonder if for brand "marketing" (if there was a thing for such a fringe company) maybe revealing and releasing the titular Princess Bride character along with Westley from the go, showing them together assured might have brought confidence in the line and a broader audience(for those sitting on the fence before committing to what might end up being a companionless figure)?
Yet who is willing to take the ri$k?.

Last edited:
I'm torn, on the one hand as indicated they crafted a good figure, and developed the prototype for the next in the line, showing good faith in the licence , and their goal to continue the line.
Yet if sales weren't there, what are they supposed to do? Continue production at a loss?
They aren't just fans and completest making these for fun, they have to sell enough to pursue the next, and justify the licence.
Firefly and Princess Bride are terrific licence, and while glad to see someone snag the licence and at least try, would love to see them completed, if the fans aren't there, what can they do?
As much as I love their next choice...
images

For Princes Bride, I can't help but wonder if for brand "marketing" (if there was a thing for such a fringe company) maybe revealing and releasing the titular Princess Bride character along with Westley from the go, showing them together assured might have brought confidence in the line and a broader audience(for those sitting on the fence before committing to what might end up being a companionless figure)?
Yet who is willing to take the ri$k?.

If they already bought the licenses then it's pretty pointless to just make one figure and then call it quits. I mean ****, there are still stores selling westley brand new right now. Show another figure in the line and maybe people will start buying up all the westley's. Either way, these are things that should be ironed out before even buying a license in the first place. As a company, if you can only afford to try one figure and it has to go perfectly or you're done, then you probably shouldn't be in that business in the first place. Or idk, maybe don't buy multiple licences at one time? It sounds like QMX is just bad at business and has had more than one fumble in their strategy. It's pretty common knowledge that people don't want to invest in a line that's going nowhere, don't expect fans to drop 200 large if the line isn't going to be supported. But I've come to expect that line of thinking from people on these boards, you guys just make excuses for these companies.

If they already bought the licenses then it's pretty pointless to just make one figure and then call it quits. I mean ****, there are still stores selling westley brand new right now. Show another figure in the line and maybe people will start buying up all the westley's. Either way, these are things that should be ironed out before even buying a license in the first place. As a company, if you can only afford to try one figure and it has to go perfectly or you're done, then you probably shouldn't be in that business in the first place. Or idk, maybe don't buy multiple licences at one time? It sounds like QMX is just bad at business and has had more than one fumble in their strategy. It's pretty common knowledge that people don't want to invest in a line that's going nowhere, don't expect fans to drop 200 large if the line isn't going to be supported. But I've come to expect that line of thinking from people on these boards, you guys just make excuses for these companies.

They are indeed terrible at this business. The all-time case in point is making one of the two Winchester brothers from Supernatural and not continuing, assuming because one didn't sell well without the other. If any license needed a second figure, it was that one. Incredibly dumb...

They are indeed terrible at this business. The all-time case in point is making one of the two Winchester brothers from Supernatural and not continuing, assuming because one didn't sell well without the other. If any license needed a second figure, it was that one. Incredibly dumb...

Lmao I didn't even know that, what an utter failure. I wish someone who deserved it would get these licenses.

Good post above, most collectors are completionists, if they released another couple of characters, it boosts sales of the others in the line.
I'm really disappointed they didn't continue this line.

If they already bought the licenses then it's pretty pointless to just make one figure and then call it quits. I mean ****, there are still stores selling westley brand new right now. Show another figure in the line and maybe people will start buying up all the westley's.

Hell I only ordered Westley because they showed him and Inigo as prototypes, if I thought there was no chance at any other figure in the line I wouldn't have bothered

That's to bad, I know nothing of this companies internal drama.
The licence isn't bought outright though, it can be renewed or not based on sales and success. Just cause they took a risk on the licence and even showed the next proto showing good faith in the line) , there is no obligation to continue making figures if the initial product doesn't move.
LOL fan entitlement.

So pretty much you just want them to make you figures at a loss.

I wanted more figures as much as the next. Like them, my next choice would have been Inigo , yet like I said I think adding and showing the titular Princess in the line up, might have helped sell the first figure to begin with.
Yet that might have been going even more niche.

Last edited:
My Dread Pirate Roberts has been very lonely in my Detolf shelf so I decided to give him some company. It’s still a WIP, but I think it will do as a placeholder until QMX or another company steps up to make a licensed Inigo Montoya or other characters from the movie.
I’ll be painting the boots and weathering his vest soon. Also waiting on some leather pants to arrive.
View attachment 505568
View attachment 505583

Wow I love him- I wish you could help me make one! I bought the Jake head and that cheapo pirate... but that's as far as I got. Would really love to have Fezzik- seems like someone could modify a 1/6 scale Hagrid, but I don't really see any inexpensive options.

I used a fashion doll for Buttercup. Maybe not the most perfect Robin, but Westley likes her

Princess buttercup

Princess buttercup by Galacticatt, on Flickr

I used a fashion doll for Buttercup. Maybe not the most perfect Robin, but Westley likes her
Princess buttercup

Princess buttercup by Galacticatt, on Flickr
That's terrific, especially the dress, shows how great those two characters and figures look together, (although likley still to niche for a 1:6 licence) they maybe should have marketed them that way.
Apparently Barbie made an Antiope (Robin Wright) figure although heavily stylized still incidentally looks like a somewhat younger Wright, not sure if that head gear is removable or the hair comes down?

1655641976610.jpeg

6k64pw.jpg

Last edited:
7aoa57.jpg

After Vizzini, and a couple of re-decos
Unfortunately no other villains; No Prince Humperdinck, Count Rugen, no ROUS?
No Miracle Max & Valerie?

Can't tell if McFarlane is done with this line?

Looks like the license is moving to Super7 ReAction, which might actaully be the best format to get a more complete line. And it was an 80s film, so if you are into the retro stylized look and limited poa, it lends itself well.
https://toynewsi.com/345-45714
Tease__scaled_600.jpg

As far as 1:6 unfortunately none (licensed or bootleg) seems to have stepped in to pick up the defunct line.
7ap5z0.jpg

Or the Firefly line for that mater.
7apdy7.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting- I like SOME Super7 figures (but not most). But at least the license is getting used. I hope another 1/6 maker tries this license, although don't have much hope. I was so thrilled by Westley/Man in Black- but I know the figure wasn't a very hot seller, sadly.

I was excited about the 1/6 line too. I’m my opinion the Westley figure is very underrated. I thought it was very well done for the cost at the time it came out.

Super7 stuff seems nice, but so expensive for what it is

Still a bit salty about the 1/6, I only pulled the trigger on Wesley when it seemed like Inigo was soon to follow. Wesley is great but I wanted at least the pair

Back