1/6 Hot Toys - TMS128 - The Bad Batch: Imperial Clone Commando

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why must the helmet look so good, when the rest of him is so eh? Ironically that probably helps soften the blow of there being so little chance to actually get him. I might still break down and sit in the line to see what happens, but don't think I'll be brokenhearted either to miss him.

This looks cool, but I'd probably never have a chance at 1. I've only been able to get one of these recent limited figures with SS's BS random que line.

And, I'm not a fan of these guys being in abundance like they did in Bad Batch. Shouldn't be large generic squads of Commandos. They should be specialized like Arc Troopers. Every one unique and different. And only a few here and there. Or a special small squad like in the Republic Commando game or the Bad Batch gang themselves.

I'm hopeful they'll do more versions of this guy. A Scorch figure would be the ideal version I'd jump on. As long as he's not another limited exclusive.

9gqYKQZ.gif

And, I'm not a fan of these guys being in abundance like they did in Bad Batch. Shouldn't be large generic squads of Commandos. They should be specialized like Arc Troopers. Every one unique and different. And only a few here and there. Or a special small squad like in the Republic Commando game or the Bad Batch gang themselves.

The problem here is that people, many hundreds of thousands of them, have been wanting a commando for years now. Many of those collectors want two of them. Because a pair looks nice together and in fact, that's how they were often shown on the show.

I am not a fan of gating this release because some people want "only a few here and there." In fact, you are actually getting your wish because they are only releasing a few of these. Really, what is this rationale anyway? There is only one Captain Rex so they should have only released a few of those? There is only one Anakin so lets have a run of 500? No wonder Inart is making headway!

In fact Inart is very smart. "Here's our new figure, we have a thirty day preorder period, be there or be square." That I can live with. 2500 clones for 500,000 collectors IS NOT The Way.

The problem here is that people, many hundreds of thousands of them, have been wanting a commando for years now. Many of those collectors want two of them. Because a pair looks nice together and in fact, that's how they were often shown on the show.

I am not a fan of gating this release because some people want "only a few here and there." In fact, you are actually getting your wish because they are only releasing a few of these. Really, what is this rationale anyway? There is only one Captain Rex so they should have only released a few of those? There is only one Anakin so lets have a run of 500? No wonder Inart is making headway!

In fact Inart is very smart. "Here's our new figure, we have a thirty day preorder period, be there or be square." That I can live with. 2500 clones for 500,000 collectors IS NOT The Way.
I interpret what @loki2371 is stating is that he/she finds it odd to see so many generic republic commandos in the Bad Batch show. Not that it is good this release is a limited run - there is no connection the figure whatsoever in cited paragraph. Loki only addresses the show’s frequent use of Commandos as characters, like overusing Darth Vader as a character to the extent he becomes uninteresting (hello Kenobi).

It would be nice to receive the original republic commando team, from the game title with same name, now that we’ve seen some EU figures up for pre order.

:dunno

Your anger at HT is getting the better of you. Don't give into your anger, that is a path that leads to the Darkside....;)

I said nothing that would make you think I was happy this was a limited release.

I interpret what @loki2371 is stating is that he/she finds it odd to see so many generic republic commandos in the Bad Batch show. Not that it is good this release is a limited run - there is no connection the figure whatsoever in cited paragraph. Loki only addresses the show’s frequent use of Commandos as characters, like overusing Darth Vader as a character to the extent he becomes uninteresting (hello Kenobi).

It would be nice to receive the original republic commando team, from the game title with same name, now that we’ve seen some EU figures up for pre order.

giphy.gif

This is exactly what I meant...

I can't believe they're doing this as an exclusive...they're getting really crazy with this. This should NOT be the case for troopers....

Why must the helmet look so good, when the rest of him is so eh? Ironically that probably helps soften the blow of there being so little chance to actually get him. I might still break down and sit in the line to see what happens, but don't think I'll be brokenhearted either to miss him.

Right? The helmet looks amazing…too bad they fumbled the ball everywhere else.

Similar to Obi-Wan, I’ll sit in line but won’t feel disappointed if I don’t get one.

Only interested in the game versions. Never played the game, but I had both of the GG dios years ago (faux bronze and painted). That said, not sure if I'd pay $1,100+ for four figures with no portraits.

I played the original game and still play BF2… I understand everyone’s complaints, and agree! With that said, I’m still going to make a go at this. I still like it.

Back