Progress on my custom chromed Mark V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subdomain

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was about to sell off my Mark V when I discovered and was inspired by Jazzinc's battle damaged version.

Still a work in progress but here's my attempt at a clean version.

I used matte chrome bare metal foil at the suggestion of jazzinc. This is my first real custom and I'm learning as I go. I would like to add some burn marks down the middle as he appeared when he first suited up.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
I admire you wanting a better version, but honestly it looks like tin foil wrapped around the pieces. If you really want it changed you may want to look into repainting it, theres some really good automotive sprays out there

I suggest looking at some of the newer metallic paints made by the japanese for model making.

I've seen some of Jazzinc's work on youtube, he has done some amazing weathering on his customs. The great thing about the metal foil is the way you can rough it up to look worn and weathered, you can use shoe polish to get details to pop out even more got that tip from cosplay chris, here is a vid that might help

Thanks. I had actually watched the cape part of that video but missed the shoe polish bit. I will give it a go.

Back