Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I watched that, I was never a massive fan of that one from queen, the hair looks too thick and unrealistic for me. I'd rather have P1's sculpted hair as I honestly think it looks better. It's like JND's rooted hair, I don't see any point if it doesn't look good. I like the way P1 has subtle variations in colour and that it comes out of the box looking like it should

Hurry up queen and release your 1/4 scale lol

The QS hair is amazing, it's just that it requires some futzing out of the box. Most people just take it out of the box and display as is, so people think it looks crap based on rubbish photos.

You can't tell me plastic hair looks better than this.

FB_IMG_1624230312680.jpg

FB_IMG_1624230317333.jpg

FB_IMG_1624230322909.jpg

Yeah I watched that, I was never a massive fan of that one from queen, the hair looks too thick and unrealistic for me. I'd rather have P1's sculpted hair as I honestly think it looks better. It's like JND's rooted hair, I don't see any point if it doesn't look good. I like the way P1 has subtle variations in colour and that it comes out of the box looking like it should

Hurry up queen and release your 1/4 scale lol
Yea I agree. The hair on the QS interrogation 1/3 Joker looks like when ppl are trying to dreadlock their hair.

The rooted hair on the QS Bale sculpt was done really well though, I thought.

Yea I agree. The hair on the QS interrogation 1/3 Joker looks like when ppl are trying to dreadlock their hair.

The rooted hair on the QS Bale sculpt was done really well though, I thought.
Yep, I agree. I'd probably still go for the sculpted bale if I had to choose though, as once again it looks perfect out of the box. I see the advantages of rooted, it just has to be worth the cost to me, so if it looks great sculpted I would always opt for that

Yep, I agree. I'd probably still go for the sculpted bale if I had to choose though, as once again it looks perfect out of the box. I see the advantages of rooted, it just has to be worth the cost to me, so if it looks great sculpted I would always opt for that
yea for sure, I dig sculpted over rooted most of the time. Though, when scrolling Instagram, there are some really talented artist who do rooted hair very well. But of course, you have to pay that on top of everything else and I'm sure it's rather pricey, especially for those that know how to do pretty realistic hairlines

The rooted Bale sculpt looks worse than the sculpted one. I've seen both in person. JND definitely did it better.
What makes this worse than the sculpted? QS did a great job with the faux hair. But it’s not truly rooted like JND because they use a silicone portrait which can actually be punched in. Technically QS did sculpted with “rooted” hair on top. Still turned out great.

Attachments

• 3763FB08-CC41-4C03-BED9-36B2484A4AB5.jpeg
    3763FB08-CC41-4C03-BED9-36B2484A4AB5.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 46
What makes this worse than the sculpted? QS did a great job with the faux hair. But it’s not truly rooted like JND because they use a silicone portrait which can actually be punched in. Technically QS did sculpted with “rooted” hair on top. Still turned out great.
I should clarify. I'm not saying it's bad, I just think the sculpted version looks better in this case. For whatever reason, the overall sculpt of the faux hair version looks weird to me. It looks kind of feminine. Even the paint looks different. With the way they did it, I just don't think it offers any advantage over the sculpted, unlike long hairstyles like the Joker where it adds that realism as long sculpted hair still looks fake.

Screenshot_20220118-040719_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-040747_Gallery.jpg

I should clarify. I'm not saying it's bad, I just think the sculpted version looks better in this case. For whatever reason, the overall sculpt of the faux hair version looks weird to me. It looks kind of feminine. Even the paint looks different. With the way they did it, I just don't think it offers any advantage over the sculpted, unlike long hairstyles like the Joker where it adds that realism as long sculpted hair still looks fake.

View attachment 556575

View attachment 556576
I absolutely agree, when sculpted looks this good, why bother with rooted? Sculpted will always look like that and there's no futzing involved, plus it's cheaper. Rooted can look off and there's also thick product that looks bad in some cases, this is a statue and sculpted just fits better for shorter haid IMO

I agree with you guys. While the QS rooted Bale sculpt does look nice, I don't find it necessary on ppl with average or shorter hair. Like when I see customizers root short hair on 1/6 figures, it can sometimes come out looking like those old GI Joes with the fuzzy hair :lol I'm exaggerating of course, but if the sculpt work is done with enough detail and finesse, I see no reason to root hair on someone who has shorter hair.

Does anyone know when Sideshow will begin shipping these things?

I've also been hearing horror stories regarding the increase in shipping costs and would like to know when I should "brace for impact".

Admittedly the weathering and repainted head add a LOT to this piece. Really though, it should have looked like that right out of the box. And I feel this is one of those situations where that is perfectly fair to say, when comparing customs to production.

Almost a month later and I have no regrets cancelling. I love the look of a lot of P1 statues (despite only owning one), but they did drop the ball here. Damn shame it had to be with Ledger Joker though.

Back