Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, mine just arrived. I have no horse in the which Ledger Joker statue is the best debate as I now own the Queen Studios 1/3, JND Studios 1/3, Prime 1 1/2 scale and new 1/3 scale, Hot Toys 1/4, and I have the Queen Studios 1/4 scale on preorder (I will probably get the cop joker from them too). I am going for a Ledger Joker theme in my display. So here I are my first impressions:

This piece is killer. I freaked out like everyone else when I saw the initial pics. However, it is hands down the best Prime 1 piece I have bought, and it might be my favorite Joker in the collection (this could obviously be for the newness factor). The JND piece is a work of art the captures the madness of the Joker from a specific scene. However, this piece captures Ledger as Joker as good as any other statue. I am glad and lucky that I don’t have to choose. For those that have any of these statues on order, I hope they live up to your expectations. I think most of you will love this one.
Any Pic of the Ledger collection? ;)

Okay, mine just arrived. I have no horse in the which Ledger Joker statue is the best debate as I now own the Queen Studios 1/3, JND Studios 1/3, Prime 1 1/2 scale and new 1/3 scale, Hot Toys 1/4, and I have the Queen Studios 1/4 scale on preorder (I will probably get the cop joker from them too). I am going for a Ledger Joker theme in my display. So here I are my first impressions:

This piece is killer. I freaked out like everyone else when I saw the initial pics. However, it is hands down the best Prime 1 piece I have bought, and it might be my favorite Joker in the collection (this could obviously be for the newness factor). The JND piece is a work of art the captures the madness of the Joker from a specific scene. However, this piece captures Ledger as Joker as good as any other statue. I am glad and lucky that I don’t have to choose. For those that have any of these statues on order, I hope they live up to your expectations. I think most of you will love this one.
Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to picking mine up when it arrives.

Good to hear people receiving there's are happy with it. I'm still not a fan of the paint app or the general appearance, but it's always great when collectors are happy with a piece that they own.

I've been waiting on Chris to do a review before I make a final decision.

Officially cancelling. Honestly, I don't think the piece is absolutely terrible. There's still a lot going for it, but at the price Prime 1 is asking the drop in quality from prototype to production is unacceptable. I think this will look better with the bust head, but that should have been included with this to begin with when they're asking for so much money.

My hunt for the ultimate Ledger Joker will continue for now....

He honestly looks really nice as I've said all along, he's close enough to the proto IMO

The one thing that looks great in particular is the hair, that's the best sculpted hair I think I've ever seen. The colour, gradient from the hairline and overall look beats JND by far. As BSC had it angled so the card is closer to his face is much better too. Sad to say but P1 will beat queen for sculpted hair, congrats to all who picked this up

He honestly looks really nice as I've said all along, he's close enough to the proto IMO

The one thing that looks great in particular is the hair, that's the best sculpted hair I think I've ever seen. The colour, gradient from the hairline and overall look beats JND by far. As BSC had it angled so the card is closer to his face is much better too. Sad to say but P1 will beat queen for sculpted hair, congrats to all who picked this up
I agree about the hair. It's very nicely done and easily the best sculpted hair I've seen thanks to the PVC. I disagree with everything else though. Whilst it's nice for sculpted hair, it doesn't come close to rooted hair for realism, and that includes JND (when adjusted correctly).

I still think overall this is too far a step down from the prototype for the money. Apart from my issues with the paint, the pose seems to have changed too. He is leaning more to the side, and the arm position has changed. Makes the whole thing look awkward.

I'd really like to see this with the alternate bust portrait. I may consider picking one up if it looks good with that, but right now it's no bueno for me.

But I am happy for those who ordered and are satisfied with what they see.

I'm fairly certain when paired with the bust head, this one will be pretty unbeatable

Whether people want to shell out for both is another issue

I'm fairly certain when paired with the bust head, this one will be pretty unbeatable

Whether people want to shell out for both is another issue
Personally I'd be willing to spend the money on both the bust and the statue. My issue is right now I'm not a fan of the pose, but I may change my mind after seeing it with the other head (provided the paint on that turns out good).

I'm all in on this after seeing BSC's review. I never thought that the production pieces would look as good as the detailed prototype painted by a master painter. However, those first pics that we saw were alarming. We've seen poor 1st pics under harsh lighting time and time again. So, even though the 1st pics were concerning, I definitely wanted to wait for better pics/videos before I made any conclusions. After seeing Chris' pics and reviews, I'm comfortable with how this turned out. Do I wish it looked exactly like the prototype? Of course, but that's not a realistic expectation. Very few releases look as good as the prototype.

That all said, my total cost for the DX statue and the bust is $1647. So, after I receive the statue and see it in hand, I'll have no problem getting the portrait repainted to look like the prototype if I think it's necessary. I think it's worth getting the portrait repainted if need be because I LOVE this sculpt. For me personally, this is the best Ledger Joker out there. One way or another, in the end, this will be the ultimate Ledger Joker for me.

I'm all in on this after seeing BSC's review. I never thought that the production pieces would look as good as the detailed prototype painted by a master painter. However, those first pics that we saw were alarming. We've seen poor 1st pics under harsh lighting time and time again. So, even though the 1st pics were concerning, I definitely wanted to wait for better pics/videos before I made any conclusions. After seeing Chris' pics and reviews, I'm comfortable with how this turned out. Do I wish it looked exactly like the prototype? Of course, but that's not a realistic expectation. Very few releases look as good as the prototype.

That all said, my total cost for the DX statue and the bust is $1647. So, after I receive the statue and see it in hand, I'll have no problem getting the portrait repainted to look like the prototype if I think it's necessary. I think it's worth getting the portrait repainted if need be because I LOVE this sculpt. For me personally, this is the best Ledger Joker out there. One way or another, in the end, this will be the ultimate Ledger Joker for me.
In the end that's all that matters, that you are happy with it (and anyone else who's planning to buy it). Congrats bud.

I imagine that they'll really focus on production for the bust,, a lot more paint layers to bring it to the proto as close as possible. I think if they achieve that it will be among the best of production made Ledger Jokers.

I'm still on the fence with the bust. I still want some kind of Ledger Joker in my collection and I though the main P1 statue was it... until it wasn't. Could the bust really end up looking as good as the proto? I feel like it's wishful thinking to think so ; I mean they're making nearly double the # of busts as the main statue. Fool me once...

But at a much cheaper price point I could be more forgiving.... and it's not like you're worrying about an awkward pose with that one.

Though the longer I sit on my butt debating the more I'll kick myself later for not ordering the Queen Studios now. XD

I'm still on the fence with the bust. I still want some kind of Ledger Joker in my collection and I though the main P1 statue was it... until it wasn't. Could the bust really end up looking as good as the proto? I feel like it's wishful thinking to think so ; I mean they're making nearly double the # of busts as the main statue. Fool me once...

But at a much cheaper price point I could be more forgiving.... and it's not like you're worrying about an awkward pose with that one.

Though the longer I sit on my butt debating the more I'll kick myself later for not ordering the Queen Studios now. XD
If scale is not an issue for you, then get the QS piece if you can, because it is hands down the best Ledger Joker on the market IMO, as long as you don't mind it being 1/4 scale.

I very much doubt the P1 bust will be any improvement over the statue as far as paint quality goes, but I would expect the sculpt to still be good.

If you truly love the Prime 1 statue, I guess an alternative is to get it, get the bust and if the bust paint isn't up to scratch get someone to repaint it for you. Yeah it's an additional cost, but you would end up with the best possible statue as long as you are happy with the Prime 1 statue as a whole.

Back