Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The editing in this video is super well done. Very high quality and an excellent look at the statue.

Terrific video showing a great look at what this actually looks like out of the box. We have all now seen pics of the new Jokers from Prime1, JND, and Queen and all three of them look a little off. Personally I like the dio base and concept of the Prime1 but understand that some like a more clean understated statue like the JND. Overall I like how this appears to have turned out but I am disappointed that there appears to be a bigger drop off in paint quality than I would have liked and nobody wants to see that in a $1500+ statue.

There is still the bust yet to come and it would be logical to expect a similar paintjob on that but I'm hoping for a minor miracle with the paint on that being improved by about 15-20%. If I'm not happy with what I get in hand this is probably a piece that I'll try to send off to get repainted.

Terrific video showing a great look at what this actually looks like out of the box. We have all now seen pics of the new Jokers from Prime1, JND, and Queen and all three of them look a little off. Personally I like the dio base and concept of the Prime1 but understand that some like a more clean understated statue like the JND. Overall I like how this appears to have turned out but I am disappointed that there appears to be a bigger drop off in paint quality than I would have liked and nobody wants to see that in a $1500+ statue.

There is still the bust yet to come and it would be logical to expect a similar paintjob on that but I'm hoping for a minor miracle with the paint on that being improved by about 15-20%. If I'm not happy with what I get in hand this is probably a piece that I'll try to send off to get repainted.
The new 1/4 queen studios does not look off at all. It is spot on the best ledger joker ever produced

The new 1/4 queen studios does not look off at all. It is spot on the best ledger joker ever produced
In likeness absolutely, but it's got a mannequin\lifeless quality in expression and stance, that's off from the scene imo; and the drop in paint apps from the proto is more than it should be in the artist hand painted edition (it will be interesting to find out where the factory paint job lands). A great piece, but certainly not perfect.

I'm eager to see the sculpted paint job, and also more pics of the artist editor as I didn't think it looked bad. If I'd dropped that money on it I might think differently though!

Did you even see the production pics that leaked? The paint quality significantly dropped on the Queen too and as per usual the rooted hair just doesn't look right.

After seeing this flurry of Ledger Jokers and comparing the protos to the production version compared to some of the production versions that have been repainted I have kinda concluded that Ledger Joker just requires a really talented painter that probably will not be provided on a mass produced piece. I think JND has the best paint and even on that one I feel the black makeup is not dark enough. The likeness is just really off on the JND though.

Last edited:
Did you even see the production pics that leaked? The paint quality significantly dropped on the Queen too and as per usual the rooted hair just doesn't look right.

After seeing this flurry of Ledger Jokers and comparing the protos to the production version compared to some of the production versions that have been repainted I have kinda concluded that Ledger Joker just requires a really talented painter that probably will not be provided on a mass produced piece. I think JND has the best paint and even on that one I feel the black makeup is not dark enough. The likeness is just really off on the JND though.
I thought that's what they were charging all that money for - a really talented painter

Images by Sunny of Production Model:

FB_IMG_1640876106437.jpg
FB_IMG_1640876106437.jpgFB_IMG_1640876094043.jpgFB_IMG_1640876101847.jpg

:D at least the likeness and hair looks good, those are possibly the best pics of the production piece

Will be interesting to compare the hair with queen's sculpted 1/4. I know they're different scales but prime 1 did it well imo

Changing the angle of his left arm was definitely a huge miss IMO. I think having the card up closer to his face like the proto would look less awkward.

Looks like he's drunkenly stumbling into a Birthday party.

"Iss thish yur crd?"

I can't say I am terribly impressed with any of the three poses myself. I do like diorama bases on my statues like the Prime1 but I understand some folks prefer something more understated like the JND, I think that base is nice looking too.

Okay, mine just arrived. I have no horse in the which Ledger Joker statue is the best debate as I now own the Queen Studios 1/3, JND Studios 1/3, Prime 1 1/2 scale and new 1/3 scale, Hot Toys 1/4, and I have the Queen Studios 1/4 scale on preorder (I will probably get the cop joker from them too). I am going for a Ledger Joker theme in my display. So here I are my first impressions:

This piece is killer. I freaked out like everyone else when I saw the initial pics. However, it is hands down the best Prime 1 piece I have bought, and it might be my favorite Joker in the collection (this could obviously be for the newness factor). The JND piece is a work of art the captures the madness of the Joker from a specific scene. However, this piece captures Ledger as Joker as good as any other statue. I am glad and lucky that I don’t have to choose. For those that have any of these statues on order, I hope they live up to your expectations. I think most of you will love this one.

Okay, mine just arrived. I have no horse in the which Ledger Joker statue is the best debate as I now own the Queen Studios 1/3, JND Studios 1/3, Prime 1 1/2 scale and new 1/3 scale, Hot Toys 1/4, and I have the Queen Studios 1/4 scale on preorder (I will probably get the cop joker from them too). I am going for a Ledger Joker theme in my display. So here I are my first impressions:

This piece is killer. I freaked out like everyone else when I saw the initial pics. However, it is hands down the best Prime 1 piece I have bought, and it might be my favorite Joker in the collection (this could obviously be for the newness factor). The JND piece is a work of art the captures the madness of the Joker from a specific scene. However, this piece captures Ledger as Joker as good as any other statue. I am glad and lucky that I don’t have to choose. For those that have any of these statues on order, I hope they live up to your expectations. I think most of you will love this one.
Nice review from the perspective of someone who owns them all, appreciate the insight. Congrats man.

Great to hear as I assume this was like THE definitive all in one Joker lol. All the others are specific to a scene while this is overall a encompasses the character of him. Stoked and nice to know thanks.

Back