Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol his going to butcher it forcing in and yanking out the magnet connection points like that.

Yeah - 13mins in . . . the fellas probably a good laugh for a few bevvies but I wouldn't let him anywhere near my collection . . . He even had trouble locating where the snake went.

The paint colours seem WAY off for Dutch's fave intergalactic hunter.

Yeah - 13mins in . . . the fellas probably a good laugh for a few bevvies but I wouldn't let him anywhere near my collection . . . He even had trouble locating were the snake went.

The paint colours seem WAY off for Dutch's fave intergalactic hunter.

LOL. Wait till he gets to the head, he needs to not shove it in but move the dreads so it fits better.
Definitely an M rated video with the amount of expletives tossed around. I think the instruction sheet may have overwhelmed him haha. But yeah I guess excitement brings about adrenaline.

It does look a lot bigger compared to the promotion pics, quite a bit of weight in the body, I'm guessing maybe 15kgs or so. I reckon this thing is a little overscaled, so it'll definitely have presence in any collectors room.

21:24 - my fave part so far - he tries to put the unmasked portrait on top of the masked portrait dreds :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

And THEN the head assembly started to fall out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most entertaining unboxing video I've ever seen - for all the wrong reasons. I do admire him for uploading it as-is though.

I still bugs me that it looks like they messed up the classic mask. It's supposed to look smooth and it looks like some rocky surface. I don't know. Don't like it. I have a good feeling regarding their 1/4 city hunter but this, especially compared to the prototype just disappointment so far. I liked it only on those high quality photos and videos but even there the mask had that rock like feeling. Don't know what to think right now.

Is it just me, or is the netting on this also a smaller and thicker pattern than on the City Hunter Wall Art? Just comparing the way the netting stretches on the thighs, the CH's looks to be much better proportioned.

I was thinking to cancel the CH in light of Prime 1's 1/3 announcements, but more and more it's looking like a thoughtful little piece (well, not even little really).

It looks different yes. City hunter is much better.

21:24 - my fave part so far - he tries to put the unmasked portrait on top of the masked portrait dreds :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

And THEN the head assembly started to fall out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most entertaining unboxing video I've ever seen - for all the wrong reasons. I do admire him for uploading it as-is though.

:lol

This vid had all. Comedy, thrills, chills, and drama. :lol

I was freaking out when it looked like the head was going to fall off :lol

:lol

This vid had all. Comedy, thrills, chills, and drama. :lol

I was freaking out when it looked like the head was going to fall off :lol

Yeah - I was calling out to him through the screen - "The head - the head !!!!" (LMAO).

It even makes you nervous on multiple viewings - I showed the Son and still cringed at that part.

Have to be honest, the more I see of this piece, the more I think PRIME1's customer service helped me dodge a very expensive bullet!

Yeah - I was calling out to him through the screen - "The head - the head !!!!" (LMAO).

It even makes you nervous on multiple viewings - I showed the Son and still cringed at that part.

Have to be honest, the more I see of this piece, the more I think PRIME1's customer service helped me dodge a very expensive bullet!

:lol I was yelling "Dude look out" :lol

I am not gonna lie.... The piece looks slightly underwhelming in pics and videos.. But that video of his had a lot of bright lights and seemed to be washing out all his statues. So I still need a top notch video and then I will still wait until I have it in hand.

Unlike most of you I am not a Pred Super freak... Brown spots on the head not being perfectly placed will not freak me out.. BUT having them lined up wrong will :lol

BUT I love everything else about the piece.. As long as the paint apps are an 8 out of 10 I think I will be very happy.

. . . I love everything else about the piece.. As long as the paint apps are an 8 out of 10 I think I will be very happy.

Yeah - I love the sculpt - GENIUS work of art (and unlike our video uploader - I think the multiple pieces was clever & necessary) . . . it's the paint, bio-mask finish, and the adjusted angle on the head that have spoiled it for me.

It will be good to see better quality photos in natural daylight (or similar).

As long as the paint apps are an 8 out of 10 I think I will be very happy.

I would've been as well. But so far, I don't think that's what this is. Bright lighting, dark lighting, harsh or neutral, there are certain aspects of this thing that stay the same everywhere I see it. And they're disappointing.

Can someone do a good review, up close, steady camera! Lmfao, why is it the early reviews are some of the worst! It's like a thing, haha, plus I WANNA SEE THE CLOSED MOUTH!! ARGH

Guess it's a matter of standards. He seems thrilled with it and all I can see is that flat, sloppy paintwork and two eyes that don't even point in the same direction.

If nothing else, the heftier price tag on the 1/3 should weed out the easier-to-please customers. That way, if it turns out looking bad, we may actually get enough negative reviews for Prime 1 to do something about it. There clearly wasn't enough outcry with this one for them to bother.

Last edited:
The texture on the masked portrait is very disappointing, a little weathering is fine but it is way too rough and completely misses the mark. It doesn't look like metal alloy. I think the base is nice, the body and armor is ok, but the mask and unmasked portraits are both poor. At least the claws are metal and the size is big, those are nice positives but overall this is a let down from Prime 1.

Don't clang the claws Mr Ant, they might be metal but you can still cause indents on them beautiful, sharp pred claws!

Fans had high expectations for this one from the prototype. This does not even approach 60%. I did not expect such disappointing paint apps from P1. It reminds me the Sideshow 1/5th scale Predator statue line the Predator 2 Maquette. I will keep mine because i collect mostly Predator 87. Thanks Blade for the video.

Back