Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little disappointed after seeing that video. The paint job is definitely flat. Doesn't really look any better than the paint on Sideshow's, but the sculpt is still great. The video looks so different compared to Leo's video.

I'm still gonna keep my order, but I'm pretty surprised at how much better the City Hunter turned out as far as paint goes.

Guess it's a matter of standards. He seems thrilled with it and all I can see is that flat, sloppy paintwork and two eyes that don't even point in the same direction.

If nothing else, the heftier price tag on the 1/3 should weed out the easier-to-please customers. That way, if it turns out looking bad, we may actually get enough negative reviews for Prime 1 to do something about it. There clearly wasn't enough outcry with this one for them to bother.

The texture on the masked portrait is very disappointing, a little weathering is fine but it is way too rough and completely misses the mark. It doesn't look like metal alloy. I think the base is nice, the body and armor is ok, but the mask and unmasked portraits are both poor. At least the claws are metal and the size is big, those are nice positives but overall this is a let down from Prime 1.

Don't clang the claws Mr Ant, they might be metal but you can still cause indents on them beautiful, sharp pred claws!

Fans had high expectations for this one from the prototype. This does not even approach 60%. I did not expect such disappointing paint apps from P1. It reminds me the Sideshow 1/5th scale Predator statue line the Predator 2 Maquette. I will keep mine because i collect mostly Predator 87. Thanks Blade for the video.

Personally I thought with the Mask on it looked great.

The Paint apps on the unmasked version seems dull and a bit too... I dont know... Pinkish / flesh colored..

The ruff Bio Mask has been an issue since it was announced so nobody should be surprised.

Again.. I will wait to cast final judgement when I have it in hand. Personally if this is the piece I received I would be happy as i plan on using one of the bio masks most of the time. But the paint on the unmasked so far are the biggest disappointments as so far they dont even tempt me to ever want to use them as a display option.

If they come looking like this.. Then I would be happy.

177140626_919274795537300_5594564362278896004_n.jpg

Last edited:

Guess it's a matter of standards. He seems thrilled with it and all I can see is that flat, sloppy paintwork and two eyes that don't even point in the same direction.

If nothing else, the heftier price tag on the 1/3 should weed out the easier-to-please customers. That way, if it turns out looking bad, we may actually get enough negative reviews for Prime 1 to do something about it. There clearly wasn't enough outcry with this one for them to bother.

I don't know what to think. Sculpt is good the painjob is meh...the mask needs a repaint. It should be easy enough...but please it is not a Neca toy where I need to repaint the thing. Overall it is not bad looking at all and I need to fix the classic mask by repainting...but I am getting a little tired of their BS false advertising. They show you something amazing which blows your mind and than you have to pay for this a lot of money...than they coming out like that.

Yeah I'm feeling glad now that I decided to pass on this earlier. The paint job is underwhelming and the new head position just completely ruins that badass, more hunched over pose it originally had.

The sculpt is great the paint is rough on the unmasked. The quills are too thick and the paint is muddy. It is just not as crisp as it should be. I'd say it should should around $1100 not the price they are asking.
I think, depending on what the Dune license is, may just go for the 1/3 with hope that they show more effort in the paint because scale and that it is actually from the film.

Yeah I'm feeling glad now that I decided to pass on this earlier. The paint job is underwhelming and the new head position just completely ruins that badass, more hunched over pose it originally had.

Sadly I am buying from a retailer in Europe and cannot cancel the thing. They nailed their city hunter and failed with this. Maybe I will just sell it if it arrives.

The sculpt is great the paint is rough on the unmasked. The quills are too thick and the paint is muddy. It is just not as crisp as it should be. I'd say it should should around $1100 not the price they are asking.

If this had the same fine quills and wide netting as the CH, I absolutely agree with this. $1100 and it's a decent value. Still disappointing since the unmasked head isn't as presentable as CH's, but at least you won't feel like you got the rug pulled out from under you.

Personally I thought with the Mask on it looked great.

The Paint apps on the unmasked version seems dull and a bit too... I dont know... Pinkish / flesh colored..

The ruff Bio Mask has been an issue since it was announced so nobody should be surprised.

Again.. I will wait to cast final judgement when I have it in hand. Personally if this is the piece I received I would be happy as i plan on using one of the bio masks most of the time. But the paint on the unmasked so far are the biggest disappointments as so far they dont even tempt me to ever want to use them as a display option.

If they come looking like this.. Then I would be happy.

177140626_919274795537300_5594564362278896004_n.jpg

Head sculpt is fantastic but the paint job isn?t high end

Those both look great to me. I'd be very happy with those. I think Ill be adding more wet look to the sculpts and maybe even the body itself

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Me too, I added the wet look to my old side show jungle hunter predator and wolf predator.

People can say all they want about this statue how bad it looks and negative comments, but this is an amazing statue from that video. So, I would be completely happy and I have the deluxe and all it needs is some sweat. So, I am definitely looking forward to this one. I think they nailed it. Ya a few minor things. But this looks like the best jungle predator I ever have scene.

People can say all they want about this statue how bad it looks and negative comments, but this is an amazing statue from that video. So, I would be completely happy and I have the deluxe and all it needs is some sweat. So, I am definitely looking forward to this one. I think they nailed it. Ya a few minor things. But this looks like the best jungle predator I ever have scene.
Agreed. The wait is excruciating. [emoji38]

I'm popping my P1 cherry with this and the hunters victim so it might be a case of ignorance is bliss as I have nothing to compare to any other P1 pieces in hand. What I'm seeing in pics and videos aside from the misplaced head dots and missing quills there's not much that Looks disappointing to me. This looks to be a massive beautiful statue with great display presence. And the fact it's based off the cover is another tick for me. In the late 90s I had a chance to meet Stan Winston at a comic con. I didn't have anything for him to sign but I had a drawing I did of that cover of the Predator. Which he generously signed. I have that piece framed now and it'll be displayed with this glorious statue. So when they announced this piece it was a no brainer for me.

Last edited:

This is mostly every release so you get used to it quick. The "experts" will always chime in to complain how the dust particles that landed on the statue are wrong and will come across very discouraging. Just can't let that bum you out.

All I know is that I've owned the previous two Sideshow Pred statues and this looks like it already blows that out the water, AND I prefer this to the upcoming 1/3 one, so I think we'll all be very happy when it's all said and done.

I'm popping my P1 cherry with this and the hunters victim so it might be a case of ignorance is bliss as I have nothing to compare to any other P1 pieces in hand. What I'm seeing in pics and videos aside from the misplaced head dots and missing quills there's not much that Looks disappointing to me. This looks to be a massive beautiful statue with great display presence. And the fact it's based off the cover is another tick for me. In the late 90s I had a chance to meet Stan Winston at a comic con. I didn't have anything for him to sign but I had a drawing I did of that cover of the Predator. Which he generously signed. I have that piece framed now and it'll be displayed with this glorious statue. So when they announced this piece it was a no brainer for me.

After owing the SSC Predator and it loosing its luster after a few months I have learned not to argue with these Predator Super Freak Fan ;) :lol

Having said that.. I am not sure that again the lighting was not an issue in this video. Like you I think everything looks great.

But I will admit that I don't need perfectly placed spots and a 10 out of 10 paint job. Like I already said 8/10 will do and this for the most part seems to meet that criteria.

What I want is presence and this piece seems to have that. Time will tell. I hope I am right so I can stick it in all these Predator Super Freak fans

:lol :lol :lol

This is SO reminding me of the denial people were in over various Sadshow Alien & Predator releases :)

I hope people are happy with what they receive, but I also hope it's not because they have had to overly-lower perfectly reasonable expectations as a result of PRIME1 using the Sadshow "used car salesman" approach.

I wanted PRIME1 to be the SOLUTION to Sadshow's poor behaviour - not an accomplice.

Fingers crossed for you all.

I have already said this but if my paint apps come out like this photo I will be overjoyed . . .

Yeah - I think that's the only shot I've seen that makes them look good.

And yes - you've already said that :)

(* EDIT *) It's just occurred to me, companies could totally stop this "it's the lighting", "it's the camera angle", "it's lens flare" etc. stuff if they released quality photos of ones that come off the production line.

Back