Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys...I swear.

1st, some of you are acting like this is your first statue and are shocked that the paint app does not match the proto. IT NEVER DOES. EVER. Now you know that and can use that knowledge for every other mass produced (and custom for that matter) purchase you will ever make.

2nd, looking at the Sisko vid, at 3:14 the head looks cocked, just as everyone is complaining about. It has everything to do with perspective and viewing angle whether it look straight or tilted.

3rd, the open left mandible is also at a different angle on the proto (that everyone loved) and seen in Sisko's vid at 3:30.

People continuously souring threads from whining and complaining is quite frankly getting old.

The production piece looks like a bootleg compared to the prototype. You want to talk about souring a thread, delivering that kind of quality for $1500 will do it better than anything we can say.

It doesn't have to be a perfect match. 80% or 85% would be great, given the cost. That's not what this is.

So to be clear after I bring up valid counter points, we are now comparing a 1/4 scale $1500 mass produced statue to actual movie prosthetic shots, claiming it looks like a bootleg and doesn't even come close to looking even 80% like the prototype (how close are we?...70%? 60%? 50%? 40%? 30...20...10...5?). All off of (now brace yourself) first in-hand pics.

Good going guys. Bash away. I'm out.

Last edited:
I compared it to the prototype when I called it a bootleg, not the film prop. Most people here are doing the same.

The mandible on one statue is glued improperly and there's light bleed on the wrist computer, the head dots are misaligned on two of them, there's too big a gap between the strips of dots on all of them, the body paint in general is barely above Sideshow quality, the finish is duller, and the head position appears to vary.

We've only seen three or four different statues so far, but each has its own problems which suggests rushed production. What does it matter if these are the first in-hand pics? Most of them are clear enough to tell the quality is dramatically reduced, let's say to 60% since you asked.

Some new pics. These are low-res, obviously filtered and color corrected, but they do a better job of confirming the water on the base. Head position looks better on this one, not entirely sure.

178482318_2368750916602179_2745088265858612782_n.jpg

180132970_2368750573268880_539108258233858666_n.jpg

178662796_2368750476602223_3122303665328839559_n.jpg

178913345_2368750616602209_8305186445182199018_n.jpg

180006508_2368750596602211_8668684063223867264_n.jpg

178666080_2368750536602217_393384906310638721_n.jpg

Has anyone seen the boxes for this? If you have, please be sure to post pics [to get an idea of the size].Cheers! :)

. . . Some new pics. These are low-res, obviously filtered and color corrected, but they do a better job of confirming the water on the base. Head position looks better on this one, not entirely sure . . .

Yeah - those latest ones look a LOT better!

Thanks for sharing.

Low, dramatic studio lighting, vignetting, and cool color filters? Yeah, it's certainly more flattering. But I want to see some close-ups as I can't judge the paint at all from these. Preferably bigger images too, these are tiny and super compressed.

Fortunately, the member who took them is an avid Prime 1 collector, regularly posting photos and videos of his stuff. He did a text & photo review of the Lobo piece everyone likes to cite as being a turnaround, but rated it 60/100. Hopefully he'll share his thoughts on the Jungle Hunter, along with some closer looks.

Last edited:
It looks way better there, but they are certainly heavily edited, low res pictures, and on the wonk to boot. I mean I hope it actually looks like that, but they aren't helpful with regards to showing us the details and quality etc. I hope we see some better images soon, mine is pretty much paid up and I'm not blown away by what we're seeing currently. However I also appreciate that we haven't really had any decent pictures yet so I'm not writing this off. Hopefully these worries will be laughed off soon. At least the water is there... One worry down! It's a start.

Ahhh you can see the art box in the background of those pics. Guess it's legit. I'd be pretty concerned. Hopefully prime1 will respond on this soon. They need to.

He uploaded higher-res images to his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leoleung.dz/

Still hard to tell what's happening paint-wise, but for those who wanted crisper shots, here are some highlights. May need to open the image in a new tab to display full size . . .

Thanks again bud - looks fine to me (based on all HIS photos).

Time will tell :)

Yeah unfortunately edited photos do nothing for me. You shouldn't have to apply enough filters that a teenage girl would be jealous for it to look how it should. Even then, it's not perfect by any means, but id say these edited photos are at the 80% I, would've liked to have seen

Yeah unfortunately edited photos do nothing for me. You shouldn't have to apply enough filters that a teenage girl would be jealous for it to look how it should. Even then, it's not perfect by any means, but id say these edited photos are at the 80% I, would've liked to have seen

You mean I shouldn't trust those emails with pictures that say . . .

"Yung Russian gril, 26, lookingz for partners in UK or Canadinas. Photo is real me" ?​

Man, some of you guys are super fussy, lol. Apart from that head with the misaligned dots, this honestly looks good to me. I don't have it on order, but I'm certainly considering ordering it. Gonna wait for more pics though.

Man, some of you guys are super fussy, lol. Apart from that head with the misaligned dots, this honestly looks good to me. I don't have it on order, but I'm certainly considering ordering it. Gonna wait for more pics though.

Each to there own man, but you honestly cant be content with this?

FB_IMG_1619531381152.jpg

No but since it's a one off mistake I'm not going to judge based on it :|

Well theres been about 4 statues going around all with similar issues. Ill be holding my order until they ask to ship it to me. If no improvements are seen, ill be cancelling based on these early phoros. Hope im wrong as i truly believe this could be one of, if not the definitive predator statue

Back