Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that’s beautiful indeed I’m very interested to see if regular version gets all portraits...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So there is a visible mesh. Cool

Screen-Shot-2019-08-03-at-12-00-07-PM.png

Do you guys think directly from Prime is still going to be our best bet for USA folks? I'm definitely in on this. I'm waiting to see the price on the IS P2 before deciding which way to go for him.

So there is a visible mesh. Cool

That picture doesn't half make the mask look bad. But then bad pictures tend to do that. It would be great if they toned down the texture and sculpted damage on the mask however to make it more accurate. Regarding the lenses, they have done the same thing on both masks. Sculpted mesh painted black. And it's entirely inaccurate for both masks. It's a wonderful statue that could benefit from a few tweaks to areas like this.

That picture doesn't half make the mask look bad. But then bad pictures tend to do that. It would be great if they toned down the texture and sculpted damage on the mask however to make it more accurate. Regarding the lenses, they have done the same thing on both masks. Sculpted mesh painted black. And it's entirely inaccurate for both masks. It's a wonderful statue that could benefit from a few tweaks to areas like this.

If it were sculpted mesh and painted black, the other eye in predarnold's photo wouldn't have a smooth reflection. Pretty sure it's sculpted mesh with a thin layer of shiny translucent plastic glued overtop.

EDIT: Either that, or they did what Hot Toys did with their City Hunter 2.0: translucent visor with the mesh sculpted on the inside so the outside would still be smooth.

Last edited:
If it were sculpted mesh and painted black, the other eye in predarnold's photo wouldn't have a smooth reflection. Pretty sure it's sculpted mesh with a thin layer of shiny translucent plastic glued overtop.

EDIT: Either that, or they did what Hot Toys did with their City Hunter 2.0: translucent visor with the mesh sculpted on the inside so the outside would still be smooth.

Well that is a good point. And looking closer, I think it does indeed have a thin layer of clear plastic over the top rather than just a thick gloss coat. It seems to be the case looking at the close up image beneath I found. But as I said above, the mesh look is sculpted, not actual mesh. This obviously doesn't look quite as it should. And the plastic above is rough around the edges, the whole area could use some work. They could easily do what SWS did with their original maquette and just insert the whole lens from behind which would be much neater. A very fine mesh first, followed by a nice reflective silver material beneath. Then filled in. The guardian mask just needs a reflective black lens in the same manner.

FmRrBva.jpg

I'd actually prefer both unmasked heads than the bio given I'd be displaying this with the Prime 1 P2. That'll never happen though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bmutha's uploaded his Prime 1 Studio Booth Tour. Look for the Pred at 1'53":

I'm really looking forward to the official photos, I haven't been this excited for a statue in a long time. I wish someone would come out with an updated life size jungle Hunter bust also, that'd be nice. I was banking on coolprops since their P2 was decent but their recent efforts have me doubting them. I'm also not keen on how light it is and the materials they've used.

This is SO beautiful, I truly wish I could afford Prime 1 statues.... maybe if i sacrifice a Hot Toys or two?

Roughly, what price are we guesstimating?

I wish someone would come out with an updated life size jungle Hunter bust also, that'd be nice. I was banking on coolprops since their P2 was decent but their recent efforts have me doubting them. I'm also not keen on how light it is and the materials they've used.

I'm lucky I scored a cheap as hell SWS Bust a few years ago. This statue will look beautiful next to it. I've always wondered if anything will come close to the original bust. It truly is a work of art.

Looks like Predator is around 32inch tall. Bane size > ・Statue Size approximately 32.5 inches tall [H:82.7cm W:70.4cm D:66.6cm]

Screen-Shot-2019-08-05-at-7-15-53-AM-copy.jpg

I'm lucky I scored a cheap as hell SWS Bust a few years ago. This statue will look beautiful next to it. I've always wondered if anything will come close to the original bust. It truly is a work of art.
That's a grail for sure. It's amazing to think so many years later it's still top dog. The same can be said about their Aliens bust also.

Back