Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What have they actually done to that closed mandible head to improve it? Why does it look so much better? I can't seem to spot much of a difference in the before and after photos in terms of sculpt but it looks leagues better.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They slimed down the cheeks / mandibles and also made the crown darker and a tiny bit wider. Huge differences imho.

SS SWS has always been the grail.

The Cinemaquette is big and impressive but that balloon headed, Wang concept, isn't the Predator we all know and love.
I always loved the Cinemaquette even which all the inaccuracies but at it's time of release I wasn't financially able to afford it. And now is far out of my price range to acquire.

But I guess that was a blessing in disguise because this is where it's at right here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Personally I'd probably put this above the SS maquette also. Call me crazy but I've just never liked the pose. Obviously it's going to be more accurate in places but I just prefer this overall. The next most impressive Predator statue I think I've seen would be the Wolf LSF.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I adore the SWS maquette, but the paintjob has started to show its age. Even the prototype paint wasn't as crisp and detailed as what we're seeing from Prime 1.

Holy moly. It just occurred to me that we haven't seen a great Jungle Hunter in over a decade.

Oh, lol. You dont know how long I looked at those 2 pics before deciding they were the same pose.

I am pretty excited for this one.

Maybe they can make the thigh armor poseable so we can position it on the front if we prefer that look. ;)

Made the mistake of reading this at the same time I had a mouthful of tea
ACME_spittea.gif

Supposedly Prime 1 will be replacing the pouches to be more film accurate? Nextlevel99 over on Statue Forum said they realized the mistake during the painting stage, but didn't have enough time to fix it before the event.

As I posted over on Statue Forum - the extra one is to make up for the one that was missing off the last Sadshow effort :wink1:

I would prefer if both bases connected to one another to give a seamless landscape rather than be two separate round pieces. It wouldn’t even be that hard for them. Just extend out some roots etc on the exclusive base to meet up with the one the Predator is on or something.

Maybe it’s too much to ask... but Prime1 if you’re listening, we need you to give us a Dutch as a companion piece!!
And while there at it do the whole crew!! Blain, Dillon, Billy, Mac, Poncho, not sure if anyone would want Hawkins but be pretty cool to display these dudes in this scale and with prime 1 quality and attention to detail it would be next level!

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

I would prefer if both bases connected to one another to give a seamless landscape rather than be two separate round pieces. It wouldn’t even be that hard for them. Just extend out some roots etc on the exclusive base to meet up with the one the Predator is on or something.

agreed. I like that idea.

And while there at it do the whole crew!! Blain, Dillon, Billy, Mac, Poncho, not sure if anyone would want Hawkins but be pretty cool to display these dudes in this scale and with prime 1 quality and attention to detail it would be next level!

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

**** Hawkins. The Predator might have killed him but he's done everything he can to kill The Predator franchise forever

The resculpted closed mandible portrait looks just about perfect. I really love this, it's the best Jungle Hunter I've seen IMO.

I won't bother selling my Sideshow Marquette as I know I'll get next to nothing for it, but I'm still gonna get this anyway as it's just perfect.

Man I’m SUPER EXCITED about this! I can’t wait to actually get it in hand and see how massive of a display it turns out to be!! This is shaping up to be the absolute BEST Jungle Hunter Predator piece to ever hit the market!! Yes, even better than the SWS piece and the Steve Wang piece!!

I won't bother selling my Sideshow Marquette as I know I'll get next to nothing for it, but I'm still gonna get this anyway as it's just perfect.

I'd probably sell it ASAP, it's possible a good chunk of potential buyers won't have seen Prime 1's yet. It isn't up for sale yet after all.

Great new video of this piece by Sisko on YouTube. I'll leave it to her to post the link.

Back