Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT 1/4 scale pieces are not all that great. I have owned a few and I didn't particularly like them.
I dug their Boba Fett. Sold him only because he didn't fit in with my collection at the time.

My point in bringing up HT was that the value for money is generally better* and the finish is less of a gamble. They've had their QC mishaps for sure, but they've got enough Predators under their belt that I can trust a 1/4 version to turn out well enough for the $500 or $600 they'd charge.

*Admittedly, it helps that I don't ascribe much value to resin versus plastic. I know some folks are willing to give up paint apps and a low price tag for heft, but that's never been a fair trade to me.

. . . My point in bringing up HT was that the value for money is generally better* and the finish is less of a gamble. They've had their QC mishaps for sure, but they've got enough Predators under their belt that I can trust a 1/4 version to turn out well enough for the $500 or $600 they'd charge.

*Admittedly, it helps that I don't ascribe much value to resin versus plastic. I know some folks are willing to give up paint apps and a low price tag for heft, but that's never been a fair trade to me.

Agreed (pretty-much anyways :) )

I'm fine with plastic for NECA & Hot Toys stuff, don't like it for statues (do prefer the "heft" on those), but I'd be all-over 1:4 or 1:3 Hot Toys Preds.

I think THIS piece is a truly amazing sculpt - one of the VERY best & most dynamic I've ever seen as a mass-produced piece. Unfortunately, I'm not so keen on the subtle head re-positioning (compared to the original website photos) or the skintones - so I'll never be getting this (besides - PRIME1 have shown themselves to be less than honorable when it comes to their customer service).

Their larger 1:3 piece doesn't interest me . . . CS risks again, plus I still think it's a bit on the chubby side, and it's basically the same pose as the Cinemaquette (which I own). Hope PRIME1's CS & QC are 99.99% on THAT - it would be great for those of you laying out that sort of cash to feel you got value-for-money. Fingers crossed for y'all.

I dug their Boba Fett. Sold him only because he didn't fit in with my collection at the time.

My point in bringing up HT was that the value for money is generally better* and the finish is less of a gamble. They've had their QC mishaps for sure, but they've got enough Predators under their belt that I can trust a 1/4 version to turn out well enough for the $500 or $600 they'd charge.

Fett is indeed my favorite one, him I kept. There is just something a little wonky about HT 1/4 size. Proportions seem kinda weird, at that scale I hate seeing any exposed joints at all, etc. I have lots of 1/6 Hot Toys though, I think that is a good scale for posable action figures. I just strongly prefer the refined look of statues in larger scale. But you are right, there isn't much risk involved when buying a HT figure.

Predator patterns aren't EASY, why do ppl keep saying this? have you done them? I'd love to see everyone repaint a Predator head, let's see how it turned out? Let's also not forget, it's not just the black dots. They filled skin tone in all over where the paint chipped away from
Sorry, I didn't mean repainting the whole head, I meant just repainting the missing black dots, as the pattern on this particular pred is pretty basic (I did paint/repair a few black dots on my closed mouth head and you can't tell at all).

I couldn't quite tell what the issue was on yours, it just looked like they repainted over the damaged areas with skin tone where there should have been black dots. If that's not the case then I'm not sure, sorry.

Welp, F**K Prime 1, hard. This company is an embarrassment. My replacement heads arrived, and guess what... They just took another defected head, and FILLED IN paint where it chipped away from! The colors don't match and the paint is only in the grooves where the paint chipped away.
Sorry to hear mate. This is an absolute disgrace and I feel bad for you as it's your first piece from Prime 1, it ruins the collecting experience and excitement of getting something new. I hope they sort this out quickly and you get good ones.

I'll be done after the 87 and narrow down to only characters I truly love and are also given unique attention. I think statue collecting in general has become too risky as items no longer cost a few hundred dollars but a few thousand plus high shipping costs, at these price points there should be very, very few mistakes and any mistakes should be taken seriously with the utmost care. The 87 is a once in decade collectible which I simply cannot let it go by (after missing out on the CM). Unless something really super crazy happens between prototype to production, I'll all in on that one. But man there's no way I can buy Prime 1 consistently, it's like waiting for a heart attack to happen. I'm sick and tired of companies making great stuff, than when there a known brand, start cutting back costs and getting greedy, this is happening more often and no one wins in the end. Hoping for the good news with the next heads, keep us updated.

Wow guys Prime 1 is probably the most slime company I've have had the displeasure of dealing with. So they refused to give me a $80 refund (only $80 in rewards, which is a joke) so I opened up a Claim with PayPal. NOW the company is agreeing to issue me a FULL REFUND if I ship the item back. That wasn't an option before. And yeah, like I'm going to ship a 50lb package over seas during this COVID ****. And they know this. So I'm stuck with a faulty statue.
Oh and I'm responsible for the Shipping charges if I decided to ship back.

Lol **** this company. Never ordering from these Thieves again. Good luck to anyone if you ever have any issues with this company because they don't have any integrity or stand by there product they just want your money.
Oh damn I thought you were good with your statue? I mean you glossed it up and everything. What happened?

So thought I'd post this here before I post it on marketplace on Facebook. If anyone that got the regular edition of the 1:4 Jungle Hunter, I'm offering the Gort Head for sale. Not sure on price. Message me if anyone would be interested. Probably only shipping in US though due to risks of Covid and packages being lost or cost etc.

No I haven't or the hunter victim.
Did SC carry the victim though? I thought that was only P1S direct. My victim arrived two weeks ago but I don’t have a Predator to go with it

Attachments

• 9C5F5EED-5822-4A1E-9855-13CFC6C6F2F9.jpeg
    9C5F5EED-5822-4A1E-9855-13CFC6C6F2F9.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 54
Did SC carry the victim though? I thought that was only P1S direct. My victim arrived two weeks ago but I don’t have a Predator to go with it
Hi, yes Shane at SC does the hunter victim and I have paid for both the predator and victim as I hate debt. I just owe for postage when there shipped.

Well for some reason the site seems to be blocking my IP address. I tried my iMac, Macbook, iPad and PC using different browsers. It was only after I disabled the wi-fi on my phone that I was able to get it. Never ran into anything like that. Not using a VPN. Strange.

Is anyone else having problems getting onto the Secret Compass website? I'm getting an error message.
I had this problem a while ago.. I can not tell you why. But I am willing to bet if you have a computer at work it will work just fine. I think it had something to do with my Router but I cant say for sure.

Works now.

Sorry I cant be anymore help.

Johnny come lately here. Just got my Jungle Hunter…and I love it! One tiny decal peel on one lone spot on the close mouth, but no a biggie. I will touch up that tiny spot. Then I’ll seal it with clear-coat. The spots look good and straight too. It’s an oversized 1/4, thing is HUGE. It dwarfs my Sideshow 1/4 Dutch for sure. I didn’t bother with instructions for the plants. I just winged it and looks fine, lol. I was expecting low quality, but nope, this thing is amazing. Very happy I decided not to cancel this bad boy. Oh, I’m displaying it with the Gort mask. Every other Predator I have on display has the traditional mask and unmasked…so Gort is a nice little change of scenery for now. I will use the switch outs back and forth, once I get tired of a certain look. Now I’m debating whether to cancel or keep my 1/3 preorder. I’m happy with the 1/4. I have almost no more space left. Do I really need that giant thing? And so disappointed with Prime One’s dirty tactics. Selling the 1/3 close mouth head/bust separately for nearly a grand, what a bunch of thieves. They should’ve included the close mouth in the DX. But no, Prime One decided to go with two open mouth heads, just one slightly more opened than the other. That was just so planned from the very beginning. Bunch of $@#%@&)#!!!

Last edited:
Glad you're happy! I only cancelled mine as they put a silly UK shipping cost on it and then revealed the 1/3. I opted for the latter, although that has now been soured for the reasons you mentioned. I still like this 1/4 statue, I'd use the Gort mask also, always loved the look of it and I'm glad that Prime 1 are including it with their Jungle Hunters.

Glad you're happy! I only cancelled mine as they put a silly UK shipping cost on it and then revealed the 1/3. I opted for the latter, although that has now been soured for the reasons you mentioned. I still like this 1/4 statue, I'd use the Gort mask also, always loved the look of it and I'm glad that Prime 1 are including it with their Jungle Hunters.
Thanks!

Yeah. I think you mentioned in the 1/3 thread that you liked the Gort mask. I responded that I would’ve swapped the Gort for the close mouth, but after seeing the 1/4 Gort in person, I changed my mind and eating crow now, lol. The Gort mask is awesome and under-appreciated by many, yours truly included, but not anymore. Long live Gort!!!

Back