Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself over here. I'm Steve from the UK, and a fan and huge collector of Star Wars statues, replicas etc. Predator has always been one of my favourite films and always wanted a predator statue. Reading the posts on here and of the 1/3 predator of interest I decided to order the big game jungle hunter along with the victim a couple of months ago via secret compass. I then went a bit mad and have preordered the Ahab predator via secret compass and just looking at buying the 1/3 jungle hunter either with dark side collectibles as they have the deluxe bonus version or use my reward point and buy the deluxe from sideshow. Loving the pics and the little added touches you guys are doing and posting pics of the materials used as its a big help for me to see here in the uk. Anyway I look forward to receiving my statues. All stay safe and I will be reading and keeping an eye on the predator posts. Many thanks

It's funny. What i see this pic, you're in Michaels picking up fake plants to make your impressive Predator statue more impressive.

i wonder what craft that lady in the back is working on...Just wanted to share how my mind works :wink1:
Well, k have the answer, she was picking up quartz, gem rocks haha. That's my Daughter.

I'll get better pics when Its day time, but for those looking to add gloss in select areas, if you add gloss on all the deep sculpted and dark painted areas of the rock where it's getting more shade and less sun, it looks absolutely killer! I've only started with a little area. I'm going real slow but I plan to use a mix of Satin, semi and super gloss for the rock, some mud and skin. At this time I'm not decided on the rest.

Attachments

• 20210901_010608.jpg
    20210901_010608.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20210901_010608.jpg
    20210901_010608.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 97
good job. I think what the rock needs is more shading and tones, in order to look more realistic. The gloss does help though.
Yeah it's very interesting seeing these high end pieces up close. You see how they try and get a certain look. Ya know how types of rocks have tons of dots of different shades when you look at them, well they attempted to gain that look with splats of multiple colors and at certain distances it looks pretty freaking good, and up close and inch away it looks like ass. Lmao, it's a very neat example of how at a distance, blends the colors to get a certain effect. Visually.

Hey, anyone have missing design parts? It looks like it's meant to be that way, not like they broke off, but I can't imagine it's done on purpose, it looks bad. Definitely something that I can easily overlook. But I'm just curious at this point. 20210901_185345.jpg20210901_185345.jpg20210901_201758.jpg

Attachments

• 20210901_201754.jpg
    20210901_201754.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 79
good job. I think what the rock needs is more shading and tones, in order to look more realistic. The gloss does help though.
The whole thing at a minimal gloss brings out the paint. I glossed all rock and branches. It really brings out the realism in the paint. Now if you use a high gloss then it looks a bit off. But all P1 had to do was put some minimal gloss on all the base and it really makes that statue that much better. Then a medium gloss on the predators face, is a must. the body needs minimal. But it really does need to be done, to make it that much better. Peace all!

He finally arrived and I honestly couldn't be happier. The presence of this is incredible.

P.s I ordered the DX version from Collectibles Direct UK and it came with the Prime 1 exclusive combi stick. I wasn't expecting it and was well chuffed.

Attachments

• 20210911_130340.jpg
    20210911_130340.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210911_183653.jpg
    20210911_183653.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 86
Replacements FINALLY finished after all this time, feels so wrong to destroy such an expensive piece, but the heads are SOLID, very hard to smash. However, caution for those that have this. Most Pred dreads were glued in fine, but one heads dreads popped out with little to no effort just a heads up.

Attachments

• 20211002_171956.jpg
    20211002_171956.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 73
I finally received the victim. While I love it, it was probably the most ill fitting statue I have ever assembled. Truly a PITA to put together. The victim, just like the Pred, is oversized for 1:4 scale. The victim comes out to about 7' tall, while the Pred (at best estimation standing strait up) comes out to about 8' 8" tall. Putting them both in between 1:4 and 1:3 scale.

I finally received the victim. While I love it, it was probably the most ill fitting statue I have ever assembled. Truly a PITA to put together. The victim, just like the Pred, is oversized for 1:4 scale. The victim comes out to about 7' tall, while the Pred (at best estimation standing strait up) comes out to about 8' 8" tall. Putting them both in between 1:4 and 1:3 scale.

Man that thing is huge! Would never have guessed it weighs so much, definitely not a piece to move around after assembly. Gore level dialled right up to 100, pairs very well with the 1/4. Worth the wait and congrats. Fingers crossed prime 1 sort out the fitting issues, shame on them for not doing a fitting before shipping!

I pulled my victim order after getting a defected Predator but it still looks awesome, except the base, for the life of me idk why it was designed to connect better to the Predator base. Add a point to Pred, add an indent to victim, and bam, doesn't have to touch but snugs up nicer. Idk maybe so it can be displayed anywhere

No you're right. It's dumb. I had the ECC Lycan and Marcus, and the bases on those fit together, but looked fon on their own. Could have easily been done here.

Has anyone ever gotten a partial refund from Prime to fix issues with a statue? My Hunters Victim has issues that I'm willing to try and fix on my end. But they only offering me $80 in rewards points. That's not really compensation on my end. I'm asking for it to be a refund to PayPal and CS is claiming that they cannot do that. I find that hard to believe.

Has anyone ever gotten a partial refund from Prime to fix issues with a statue? My Hunters Victim has issues that I'm willing to try and fix on my end. But they only offering me $80 in rewards points. That's not really compensation on my end. I'm asking for it to be a refund to PayPal and CS is claiming that they cannot do that. I find that hard to believe.
What kind of issues with the statue?

Back