Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much unnecessary hate and panic when the first images came out...I love this statue.
Yep. I was just talking about that with a friend who collects also. About how everyone panics over first in hand photos even though we all know that first in hands always seem to suck.

This piece is 98% perfect. I really have no complaints.

Nice pics! I agree with you. If this had a screen accurate bio and the correct skin tone, it would be perfect, and I would say better than the 1:3 for me as I prefer the pose and overall look with the base.

I don't mind the quills personally and I like that they are made of rubber (or PVC), to avoid any breaks.
Quills in person are a non issue. But they look too big in photos cause you can zoom in so close.

I’ve always liked this better than the 1/3 because of the pose and base. I considered the 1/3 in case I was let down by this after I got it in hand… Happy to say I just saved 3000 bucks

Nice pics! I agree with you. If this had a screen accurate bio and the correct skin tone, it would be perfect, and I would say better than the 1:3 for me as I prefer the pose and overall look with the base.

I don't mind the quills personally and I like that they are made of rubber (or PVC), to avoid any breaks.
When I put the smoothing application on the bio mask it made it look even more bad ass. Only issue is the dark browns on the other faces. Other than that. Really, I asked for the prefect predator and I do believe this is it. After I made those adjustments with the gloss and went over the bio mask to smooth it out. But to each there own. Ya the base is just amazing. So, the tones I have or gloss goes low to high. Lower brings out the color. the higher the more refection and wet look. Just fyi. Anyways, everyone enjoy there predators! I know I will

Awesome review! I can't take this wait! Haha mine should be here any day now!
I know you must be going crazy with the wait. Hopefully this week you will have it!
Quills in person are a non issue. But they look too big in photos cause you can zoom in so close.

I’ve always liked this better than the 1/3 because of the pose and base. I considered the 1/3 in case I was let down by this after I got it in hand… Happy to say I just saved 3000 bucks
I echo this. He just looks so great in the collection room. And, if for any reason I get tired of it or the luster wears off in 2 years, I can always grab the 1:3. But right not I don't see that happening.
Now if the 1:3 had a victim, well.....I might change my mind. lol

I finally opened mine up. Everything seems good, but I did have a broken mandible on the open mouth (easy to glue back on). Overall this thing is badass, and you really get a lot for the money. It is taking me forever to get together though, especially with having to go over and display every option for the review. I'm probably 3 hours into this and still have more to go.

My one grip (so far) would be the skulls on the rock. You would have thought they would have had a magnet feature to hold them in place, but you just set them on the rock. Kinda dumb, especially when you have to worry about them falling off when dusting.
Use museum putty. The skulls will stay on during dusting.

I live in earthquake country. Every single one of my statues sit on Museum putty. The house will come crashing first before my statues, lol.

I live in earthquake country. Every single one of my statues sit on Museum putty. The house will come crashing first before my statues, lol.
Ya I have some of that as well. I use it for nail holes in the wall LOL!!!

Finally got done reviewing this guy and getting some shots of it. So much unnecessary hate and panic when the first images came out...I love this statue. I can't wait to pair the victim with it.
Watched your review last night, it was great, well done. Agree man, but pretty standard. A few crappy pics show up and people lose their minds. Even now some people still saying its not great or they're glad they cancelled, if they saw this thing in person they would change their mind real quick. It's the best Predator statue made so far.

You're not wrong. I too felt the same, was starting to feel tempted to order the 1:3 despite the fact that I didn't really have room for it, but once I opened this up any temptation I had was gone lol. Having this, I don't feel the need for another Jungle Hunter now.

When I put the smoothing application on the bio mask it made it look even more bad ass. Only issue is the dark browns on the other faces. Other than that. Really, I asked for the prefect predator and I do believe this is it. After I made those adjustments with the gloss and went over the bio mask to smooth it out. But to each there own. Ya the base is just amazing. So, the tones I have or gloss goes low to high. Lower brings out the color. the higher the more refection and wet look. Just fyi. Anyways, everyone enjoy there predators! I know I will
Problem is mainly in the sculpt of the mask man. Don't get me wrong I still love it, but it seems to have this stone look to it as opposed to metal, with all the pitting and details carved into it. I don't think putting any coating on it will fix that. The new 1:3 mask has more of that smooth metal look that was seen on film.

Despite this issue (and the incorrect skin tone you pointed out), it's still my favourite Predator statue, but I just think changing these aspects of the statue would have made this absolutely perfect.

What product did you use btw? I might be tempted to have a play with it.

Ya I have some of that as well. I use it for nail holes in the wall LOL!!!
You mean wall putty? Correct? Wall putty is a fine powder made of white cement. Has the texture of cream cheese.

Museum putty (also known as Quake Hold) is like Play-Doh. It’s use to hold statues down so they won’t tilt over during an earthquake.

https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-99...qid=1628117304&sprefix=Museum+,aps,667&sr=8-5
https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-88...ywords=Earthquake+putty&qid=1628117330&sr=8-5
Museum putty is not meant for vertical applications. Its strength is holding a statue base in place. And it’s not permanent. You can remove the statue by twisting it back and forth. It’s not recommended you try and lifting the statue, as its stuck solidly and might damage your collectible. Just do the Chubby Checker Twist, lol.

something else that might be of interest to some people, I noticed the skin pattern on the hands is actually a decal. Not sure if this same technique is used anywhere else on the statue as I haven't checked, but it's definitely a decal on the hands.

Finally got done reviewing this guy and getting some shots of it. So much unnecessary hate and panic when the first images came out...I love this statue. I can't wait to pair the victim with it.
Just finished watching your video review, very thorough and always a pleasure seeing everything up, close and personal with good narration :)

It looks absolutely awesome and congrats! Now I need to login for work lol.

Ah yes. I've used that before on pieces. Great idea!

And thanks for all of the feedback guys. It's appreciated!

Watched your review last night, it was great, well done. Agree man, but pretty standard. A few crappy pics show up and people lose their minds. Even now some people still saying its not great or they're glad they cancelled, if they saw this thing in person they would change their mind real quick. It's the best Predator statue made so far.

You're not wrong. I too felt the same, was starting to feel tempted to order the 1:3 despite the fact that I didn't really have room for it, but once I opened this up any temptation I had was gone lol. Having this, I don't feel the need for another Jungle Hunter now.

Problem is mainly in the sculpt of the mask man. Don't get me wrong I still love it, but it seems to have this stone look to it as opposed to metal, with all the pitting and details carved into it. I don't think putting any coating on it will fix that. The new 1:3 mask has more of that smooth metal look that was seen on film.

Despite this issue (and the incorrect skin tone you pointed out), it's still my favourite Predator statue, but I just think changing these aspects of the statue would have made this absolutely perfect.

What product did you use btw? I might be tempted to have a play with it.
Well, what it did was make it look like a metal finish and I just watched the movie, Idk what the predator fans see, but damn they must have some sort of good vision or something I don't see. But it is what it is. I just know that it looks amazing with all the touch ups. I think it looked good normal, but this just upped the game now. Ill have to get it out of the garage. I packed everything up, with the right application it looks like metal! Why is this bold. Idk what I did but to each their own. Peace.

Last edited:
Well, what it did was make it look like a metal finish and I just watched the movie, Idk what the predator fans see, but damn they must have some sort of good vision or something I don't see. But it is what it is. I just know that it looks amazing with all the touch ups. I think it looked good normal, but this just upped the game now. Ill have to get it out of the garage. I packed everything up, with the right application it looks like metal! Why is this bold. Idk what I did but to each their own. Peace.
The mask on the right is what it should look like. If you're saying adding a clear coat made it look like this I wanna see it lol.

Screenshot_20210805-124531_Chrome.jpg

The mask on the right is what it should look like. If you're saying adding a clear coat made it look like this I wanna see it lol.

View attachment 533625
I have a stronger clearer coat coming in the mail. Once that gets here. I will add it to the bio mask. However, one more coat should do. But all I see in the pic is the bio mask 1/3 has on it is a gloss nothing more. To each their own though. I can't really say that cuz I haven't scene it in person. However, the pic looks like it has a coat of gloss or translucent paint.

Last edited:
I have a stronger clearer coat coming in the mail. Once that gets here. I will add it to the bio mask. However, one more coat should do. But all the bio mask has on it is a gloss nothing more! You can tell. To each their own though. I can't really say that cuz I haven't scene it in person. However, the pic looks like it has a coat of gloss or translucent paint.
If you're talking about the pic I shared, then nah, it's not gloss. The difference is that the mask on the right (the props version) is smooth without the sculpted details. It looks more like metal. The effects are simply painted on like the real prop. The one on the left has a more textured finish with the battle damaged areas sculpted in.

The Big Game Cover Art version is like the one on the left, but even worse as there is texture all over it on the production piece, which gives it a stone-like look to it, and it lacks the different tones that the one in the above pic has. It's more of a flat silver.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing it, I still love it, I'm just merely pointing out what is actually 'wrong' with it and what some people (myself included) are talking about when they say a more film-accurate mask would have made this perfect.

Nothing is ever perfect in this hobby though so I don't care and I still love this piece very much, however a mask like the one above and more accurate skin tone would take this from 95% to 100% for me.

Yeah the mask in the movie was smooth, with painted effects on it (because they decided not to use the "prototype" mask (which was heavily sculpted) and often statue companies have their talent, sculpt the "painted on effects" so the mask ends up looking like pitted stone rather than smooth metal with a patina. I like both looks, however for the 1/3 I want it as accurate as possible but not too accurate because the screen used suit had plenty of flaws haha... also... I just want to moan, I am heading into week 8. No updates on UPS shipping... I've never been more impatient in my life since I was a child before xmas haha

Yeah the mask in the movie was smooth, with painted effects on it (because they decided not to use the "prototype" mask (which was heavily sculpted) and often statue companies have their talent, sculpt the "painted on effects" so the mask ends up looking like pitted stone rather than smooth metal with a patina. I like both looks, however for the 1/3 I want it as accurate as possible but not too accurate because the screen used suit had plenty of flaws haha... also... I just want to moan, I am heading into week 8. No updates on UPS shipping... I've never been more impatient in my life since I was a child before xmas haha
Hope you get it soon man. I can imagine the frustration!

That's awesome.........:)
Thank you :)

Just noticed this very small chip. Anyone know how I can fix this? Should I just fill it in with black paint? It's not too bad as it's pretty small, but still bothers me lol.

20210805_215554.jpg

Man, I’m gonna lift the hold on shipment and request P 1 to ship that bad boy over here, pronto!

Guess I’ll have both this one and the 1/3.

Eating crackers for a while is great for losing weight, lol…

The bad news, economy shipping. So it’s going to be a while.

Great video review, Burtial (I don’t want to say your real name). And awesome pictures, guys.

Last edited:
Back