Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember pouring over all the various photos of that figure prior to it's production release. There were definitely at least a couple different prototype sculpts used at various points in that period, some of which made the sculpt look decent.

Even if HT did release another Indy, I suspect quite a lot of it would just be recycled from the previous figure. Same hat, shoes, pants, jacket. About the only thing new would be the headsculpt.

Let’s not waste time. Indy veterans, share your “how to” water treat the pants and the jacket.

Joao Breda

17 mins ·

😍
😍
😍

278669869_10161766537773242_1858142363820516488_n.jpg

It's funny that people want to change the shirt as well as the jacket and trousers. They also laugh at the smiling sculpt.

The holster isn't ROTLA, so essentially this figure is a body (which people will also probably want to change), plus a sculpt (the real reason for buying the set), boots, gas mask bag, whip, trouser belt and revolver.

The trousers obviously don't work.

The jacket has the same genuine leather texture I noticed on the back of DiD Marseille's flying jacket. But Present's is overly thick, making it look rubbery and inflexible.

ij.jpg
Indy.jpg

He said the boots weren't very good, but I didn't notice that in the video.

The star of the show is the non-smiling sculpt. I like the look of the Smith & Wesson. The shirt looks like it'll work, as other photos show it pulled down so it doesn't have the Harry Hill collar.

For me there's not enough in the set that works so it'd be more of a purchase for parts.

Thank you Asta. For the price this looks like a solid release. I'd like to get another jacket for sure.

Right out of the box, it’s not “wow” great but with some work, I bet it could be a really nice looking set. Some heat treatment to the hats should hopefully fix any of that deformation.

I plan to use the majority of this under the robes for the Map Room look that came with the DX05, so I’m thankfully not too upset by the clothing. I really just want these for the headsculpts to use for a main Indy.

i really want to see what I can achieve with this set though. Pretty excited to customize and work on it.

I can't figure it out, is his neck too short? Something proportionally seems weird around the head/neck.

Maybe it's just the way the shirt and coat are up a little high and it makes it look weird in some of the pictures.

Back