Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see.

Pants too tight. | CHECK
Shirt sleeves too short. | CHECK
Gun holster attachment/placement being questioned. | CHECK

What else?

Indy looks like Christ Pratt or Sean William Scott with impressive make up to look like Ford?

;) :p

The closer it gest the more eyes become wide open and the cranial matter churns.

Pants looks fine and that last photo proves that the shirt sleeves are at a good length. I'd assume the jacket will be fine as well. Even though I have a custom with a Yunsil outfit I'm still really looking forward to this. Just a huge Indy nerd I guess.

Let's see.

Pants too tight. | CHECK

What else?

Indy looks like Christ Pratt or Sean William Scott with impressive make up to look like Ford?

The closer it gest the more eyes become wide open and the cranial matter churns.
Could be that alternative Indy when Mr Pratt was doing the rounds with rumours of him taking over from Mr Ford 😉

Let's see.

Pants too tight. | CHECK

What else?

All valid criticisms, but for what it is I think it's pretty solid considering the price point and what the initial promo shots looked like.

The smiling face is hilariously bad though.

The DX05 came out approximately ten years ago, right? I'm trying to remember, but it'll be interesting to compare the two even though the Present Toys is a knockoff.

Looking good in that IG pic! I agree that the sculpt looks a bit sqished but not too terrible. I’m getting more and more impressed as the pics get posted. Got my second ordered through Sugo.

The knockoff seems like a home run compared to the dx05. I love having the pedestal and extra outfit though.
I don't know if I'd call it a home run just yet. From what we've seen so far it's definitely solid.

The DX05 gets a lot of flack but I think with the right amount of futzing it's a great figure. The head sculpt is probably its biggest flaw in my eyes.

I don't know if I'd call it a home run just yet. From what we've seen so far it's definitely solid.

The DX05 gets a lot of flack but I think with the right amount of futzing it's a great figure. The head sculpt is probably its biggest flaw in my eyes.
For me it was the sculpt and the base body used that killed the DX for me. Jacket ended up cracking but that was to be expected. Don't get me wrong, it was a day one preorder for me years ago but overall I thought it was a missed opportunity.

For me it was the sculpt and the base body used that killed the DX for me. Jacket ended up cracking but that was to be expected. Don't get me wrong, it was a day one preorder for me years ago but overall I thought it was a missed opportunity.
That was pretty much the catalyst for me customizing my SS Indy

Yeah I think with a water treatment and stretching the pants downward, you can get them looking a lot looser like they should be.

Another minor nitpick is that the bag is looking a bit small.

It's probably too much to hope that any of this stuff gets corrected in a second batch though...

Yeah I think with a water treatment and stretching the pants downward, you can get them looking a lot looser like they should be.

Another minor nitpick is that the bag is looking a bit small.

It's probably too much to hope that any of this stuff gets corrected in a second batch though...
That's why I kept my SS Indy bag , I always thought the HT bag which I think Present Toys patterned there's after was too small.

They do, I also think they are better scaled , the HT Stormtrooper and Clone Trooper blaster aren't very good.
The finish is usually better also; The early Bespin Han from Sideshow had a better, weathered, matte finish blaster than the shiny, plastic-looking Hot Toys one. Sideshow's Tusken Raider's rifle is a perfect example of what I mean. It's got a metal barrel! Hot Toys' Tusken Rifle look's cheap to me. Oh well, back to Indy...

That was pretty much the catalyst for me customizing my SS Indy
I think that was true for many collectors at the time. I was just looking over the original HT Indy promo images last night and came to the conclusion that I was just desperate for a licensed Indy at the time.

Back