Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a weird figure - quite a bit of good but yet so much bad. :lol It's almost nostalgic now. I use that (badly dated in multiple ways) head for "background display" Indys like with the tux below.

The old SSC Indy is fine for deep background display where the outfit is mostly what you notice, but this new present toys Indy has those apps and sculpt detail that can go front row center (even if the Present Toys likeness is somewhere between so-so and decent.)

awMbSPbl.png
--

A few years ago, I purchased a few custom limited production run of Indy head sculpts with the hat from OSK.

It was a very popular offering and sold out briskly. I planned to use it to salvage the Sideshow Indy figure, but never got around to it due to other 1:1 (and 1:6) priorities.

--

Supposed to be released within the next two weeks.

If anyone refers you to KGHobby, TNS, or Toys Wonderland you may want to check a number of threads about them before giving them your hard earned $ unless you're one of those collectors who are easy, go lucky, happy and don't care about losing money, receiving poorly packaged orders, paying for orders anr receiving false tracking numbers and status, asked to pay more for shipping, and possibly getting taken advantage of.

If you're only looking for the cheapest price, then I don't know because I shop for price, proven reliability, and service that some consider to be too bothersome.
Can you clarify which of these complaints applies to KGHobby? I've never had problems with them but this is quite an array of accusations you're leveling so it would be nice to know.

Last edited:
--

A few years ago, I purchased a few custom limited production run of Indy head sculpts with the hat from OSK.

It was a very popular offering and sold out briskly. I planned to use it to salvage the Sideshow Indy figure, but never got around to it due to other 1:1 (and 1:6) priorities.
Yeah those were decent heads (the one they turned into a Han Solo "space tracker" later - for some reason this Present Toys head in some ways vaguely reminds me of that head.

You'd think with a new Indy film coming out in about a year there'd be more official Indy fig pre-orders. But maybe Indy 5 isn't considered an Indy film.:monkey3😬

Yeah those were decent heads (the one they turned into a Han Solo "space tracker" later - for some reason this Present Toys head in some ways vaguely reminds me of that head.

You'd think with a new Indy film coming out in about a year there'd be more official Indy fig pre-orders. But maybe Indy 5 isn't considered an Indy film.:monkey3😬
Give it time. People are very "of the moment" (aka short attention spans aka instant gratification aka hype attractors). Who knows where the interest will be a year from now when it comes to Indy. These things come and go in waves of interest.

Last edited:
Can you clarify which of these complaints applies to KGHobby? I've never had problems with them but this is quite an array of accusations you're leveling so it would be nice to know.
--

There are a number of threads across Collector Freaks and they're not accusations from me. They're proven instances posted by other members, but you don't have to believe me considering there are multitudes of shills and blind loyal supporters of them within CF.

:)

I've used KGHobby 4-5x before and never had an issue with their service. On one particular occasion, I received a figure with mismatched parts from the factory, and once I let KGH's customer service know, they had replacements sent out to me.

--

There are a number of threads across Collector Freaks and they're not accusations from me. They're proven instances posted by other members, but you don't have to believe me considering there are multitudes of shills and blind loyal supporters of them within CF.

:)

Some have had bad experiences with these and other companies and some haven’t. I’ve had good buying experiences with TW, TNS and KG Hobby over the years and so have others. Ten figures from TW alone over the last 18 months in fact. It doesn‘t make anybody a shill or blind loyal supporter of anything if they still use them.

Back