Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am shocked by some of those comments posted on FB. Empty threats, the lot. People like that never have loyalty themselves; they just go where the best deal is.

Glad I never joined FB. Giving everyone a voice has really backfired.

I resisted Facebook for a long time, before realising it was a useful way of following retailers. So I created an account that has no personal information, and rarely use it to actually interact with anyone.

Facebook is a necessary evil, and as a format will always be inferior to a forum where things are properly filed, as opposed to added to a perpetually growing list. :lol

Seems like I didn't get the Indy. :lol

Kit said:

2nd Apologize that we will need to cancel some orders because the system took orders exceed the limit I set. I am not sure if its system error or laggy between my site and paypal. We will NEVER do this again, as I cannot predict the error and disappointment

Order number #78793 - #78806 is valid. We will refund and cancel all orders after #78806, we will issue 1000 reward points for each cancellation. Please accept my sincerely apologize

Sorry to hear that, Asta. But you are right there's likely going to be a 2nd run. To much money left on the table.

That said, Indy 5 is coming next year and I have a feeling a lot of companies -- HT included -- will be making more Indiana Jones 1/6th figures, so... patience.

Thanks, but I'm not really that bothered. I didn't know whether I wanted one or not because I didn't like the jacket or trousers, so it was really for the sculpts as I didn't need anything else.

I left it up to fate to decide, and it's decided what I was thinking in the first place.

And yes, there ought to be some proper Indy's soon, rather than this cobbled together one whose only real selling point was the sculpts.

You never know, the second batch of Present might even rectify the tailoring errors.

Dang, what a mess. Poor Kit. Tried to do something nice for the community and it's blowing up in his face.

I'm not even mad I missed out, I knew the demand was high after the in hand pics. There's options out there still if you pay a little extra or try reaching out to retailers and see if they had any cancellations. It's not the end of the world, these "collectors" are ridiculous.

I didn't know whether I wanted one or not because I didn't like the jacket or trousers, so it was really for the sculpts as I didn't need anything else.

And yes, there ought to be some proper Indy's soon, rather than this cobbled together one whose only real selling point was the sculpts.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why everyone is going gaga over this figure -- FOMO at work -- but I'm happy to see Indiana Jones getting so much love.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why everyone is going gaga over this figure -- FOMO at work -- but I'm happy to see Indiana Jones getting so much love.
It's definitely FOMO, the figure isn't anything special, it's defintiely a good base you can turn into a better figure but the factory doing it doesn't even use standard printing for the paint apps and the sculpts are recasts of old work, if I had to guess the hype in the community and the lack of Indy figures in the market is what's pushing so many to getting it.

The story of ordering this figure:

Not sure whether to or not...

giphy.gif

Trying and winning...

giphy.gif

Then wondering what to do with it when it arrives...

giphy.gif

Hearing I didn't get it...

giphy.gif

:lol

I resisted Facebook for a long time, before realising it was a useful way of following retailers. So I created an account that has no personal information, and rarely use it to actually interact with anyone.

Facebook is a necessary evil, and as a format will always be inferior to a forum where things are properly filed, as opposed to added to a perpetually growing list. :lol
Yup following various 1/6 and scale model groups and companies is about the only thing I use my FB for. Don't even use it to follow friends and family. Lol

Its absolutely hype and FOMO. I wanted one for parts to jump start a TOD build but oh well. I want to tell a lot of those guys on the facebook group "Ok now go and spend $1k or more to make it look worthy!"

I was going to try order from Kit and use Sugo as a back up, when Kit posted he wouldn't have enough to go around I ordered from Sugo. I feel bad for all the hate towards Kit , I still want to ordered through him and making my next Star Wars HT purchase through him.

missed out on him, hope a reissue comes. If not, still hoping HT (or now I suppose inart) make a proper 1/6 figure from ToD or Raiders.

It turned out to be a crap show to put it mildly.

Hard lessons for especially Kit.

Surprised of so much demand for a third-party figure. I haven't seen such mania like this in a while.

Seems like I didn't get the Indy. :lol

Kit said:
Oh wow, apparently I got the first order in. All that Mondo training finally paid off, because lord knows I'm never fast enough to grab those posters most of the time!

But yeah like others have said, it's really just an OK figure at best, wouldn't have been fussed if I missed out. I certainly think the price is a big driving factor for demand.

Back