Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow, apparently I got the first order in. All that Mondo training finally paid off, because lord knows I'm never fast enough to grab those posters most of the time!

But yeah like others have said, it's really just an OK figure at best, wouldn't have been fussed if I missed out. I certainly think the price is a big driving factor for demand.
Yup you can find a bunch of them on ebay for over $220, but no way does this figure look worth paying that much for. I'll be fine waiting either for another batch, or for it to pop up on other HK sites.

It turned out to be a crap show to put it mildly.

Hard lessons for especially Kit.

Surprised of so much demand for a third-party figure. I haven't seen such mania like this in a while.
I think this one had so many factors that were driving the mania. When was the last major 1/6 Indy release? Been quite a while. What were the sentiments from the promo pictures? Not very good, so not as many initial pre-orders. What's the price tag? Fairly low, really solid for what you're getting. So you've all the sudden got a new release, decent figure in hand, legendary character, low price point, that not many pre-ordered (or were playing the "I'll wait for in-hand pictures" waiting game). Now you've got a trifecta of panic ordering mixed with FOMO and then you get this mess.

Definitely shows that there's a lot of demand for the character in 1/6. Hoping InArt looks at doing one in the future, even if the price is high I'd be interested in it.

Same sentiments as BladeS mentioned. Reminds a little of the SooSoo Gambit situation but all the more so since it’s Indy.

The fact this turned out looking as nice as it did for as relatively cheap as it initially was caught a lot of people off guard. A 2nd run is imminent then we’ll see hundreds up for sale like Mafex’s Superman reissue.

well guys. Bad news. I made the order and paid and hours later it was cancelled due to an error in the sytem. My order was 78810 and the valid ones were 78793-78806. Just read Kits explanations :cry:

Congratulations to the ones who got it and thanks to Kit for the opportunity

It's definitely FOMO, the figure isn't anything special, it's defintiely a good base you can turn into a better figure but the factory doing it doesn't even use standard printing for the paint apps and the sculpts are recasts of old work, if I had to guess the hype in the community and the lack of Indy figures in the market is what's pushing so many to getting it.

There's so much about this figure I don't like but I had still been lurking this thread to see if I could grab one lol. I think the FOMO is driven at least in part by all the speculation that Ford has taken back his likeness rights somehow, so people are pessimistic of ever getting another official one.

I think this one had so many factors that were driving the mania. When was the last major 1/6 Indy release? Been quite a while.

Definitely shows that there's a lot of demand for the character in 1/6. Hoping InArt looks at doing one in the future, even if the price is high I'd be interested in it.
Isn’t the last one the SS TOD figure? Just a guess. Yes please to Inart, but I guess the whole Ford likeness quality/rights/Jimmy Fallon controversy/who has the licensing rights/next Indy film shamozzle will be interesting to unpack/sort out/sign on the dotted line/Jimmy Fallon reappearance where he glues it back together.

It would be hard to determine what my upper $ limit would be for an Inart Indy. It would definitely be higher than the rooted hair Joker. Shut my wallet, I’m taking now.

This seems unfair. I stayed awake odd hours just to get my order canceled from onesixthKit. I mean I was checking the website every second and saw the link go up live like 2 minutes before the scheduled time of 21:00 HK time. Quickly paid for full and even got an email saying that the order was placed. Went to sleep in peace knowing that I had one secured and Kit has me covered. Woke up a few hours later to see I've been refunded on Paypal with an email saying my order was canceled due to system error and order quantity exceeding the limit set by the system. I mean I followed the instructions to the dot, stayed awake to place the order and yet the system canceled my order! How did the system even accept my payment if there was not enough stock. Why was only my order selectively/randomly canceled? Anyone facing this issue? This is so disappointing 😪

Having read a couple of comments in the thread, I realized I was just late(inspite of staying up awake, haha) and others seemed to have had the same fate of orders getting canceled. Congratulations to those who could secure it. And good luck to those like me whose order got canceled, hoping for a second run. In any case thanks Kit for atleast catering to the needs of collectors. Just a little disappointed but Life goes on...

Isn’t the last one the SS TOD figure? Just a guess. Yes please to Inart, but I guess the whole Ford likeness quality/rights/Jimmy Fallon controversy/who has the licensing rights/next Indy film shamozzle will be interesting to unpack/sort out/sign on the dotted line/Jimmy Fallon reappearance where he glues it back together.

It would be hard to determine what my upper $ limit would be for an Inart Indy. It would definitely be higher than the rooted hair Joker. Shut my wallet, I’m taking now.
I would be willing to pay between $400 and $500.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why everyone is going gaga over this figure -- FOMO at work -- but I'm happy to see Indiana Jones getting so much love.
Exactly. The jacket actually on this fig totally reminds me of the Hasbro Indy - it's as stiff as cardboard, not a crease/wrinkle to be seen on the arms.

I was really wanting this fig just because it's Indy and I wanted to see it in-hand - I'm always excited to see a major new Indy item.

But moving past the excitement of "new full Indy fig hits the market," there's really only a handful of parts on this fig that are actually decent or even equivalent to what's already out there. When the pants are skinny-jeans, the boots look a little wonky, the whip like a bad copy of the HT (which wasn't great itself) and the jacket has not a single wrinkle, you're struggling.

It is really cool this got such a huge reaction though - it's exciting. I did have a laugh at just "Jones" on the stand - because in 90s-speak that's what everyone has for this fig. :rotfl

Last edited:
I would, and will, and have paid more than that. I'd do it again. Sorry, it's Indy.
Given that a really nice custom-made Indy jacket now runs $450-700, and that a custom headsculpt + top-tier paint-up will cost you another $300+, a new 1/6 Indy fig that out of the box bullseyes outfit, gear and headsculpt/paint and costs anything under $600 would the bargain of bargains.

Some company like Queen Studios or Big Cheif should hire people like Raymond Ferraro and others on here as consultants for an "ultimate" licensed Indy fig. If they could do it for under $600, they would sell thousands of them.

Indy is possibly one of the most difficult characters to get right in 1/6, but the customs on here prove it can be done - just at what price (most of the very best customs on here cost well over $1000,) and exactly how many people would buy it.

Last edited:
Well, I was out all all day since early morning and missed out on Kit's sale.

I still have the pre-order from TW but really wanted a second one for parts. Maybe this interest in Indy is being noticed by HT or other parties...

Not taking into account the ethics of recasting an artists sculpt who also didn't have the license etc etc etc....

I think the big draw of this set, especially once production pics were revealed, was indeed the headsculpt(s). Anyone who knows Inigo's work, knows an unpainted sculpt of his goes for around $125-$150 then you have to spend another couple hundred to get it painted. With the Present Toys figure you're getting TWO Inigo sculpts painted fairly decently (at least better than the general public can paint), plus a decent starter Indy for parts fodder for pretty much the price of one of Inigo's unpainted sculpts alone. That makes this an attractive set, especially considering that getting a well painted headsculpt is usually the bane of any custom IMO.

Given that a really nice custom-made Indy jacket now runs $450-700, and that a custom headsculpt + top-tier paint-up will cost you another $300+, a new 1/6 Indy fig that out of the box bullseyes outfit, gear and headsculpt/paint and costs anything under $600 would the bargain of bargains.

Absolutely. There's only a handful of truly iconic action/adventure movie heroes of our generation, and Indiana Jones is certainly one of them.

James Bond and Indiana Jones are ideal for superior treatment. If not now, when? The generation weened on them is on the way out.

Absolutely. There's only a handful of truly iconic action/adventure movie heroes of our generation, and Indiana Jones is certainly one of them.

James Bond and Indiana Jones are ideal for superior treatment. If not now, when? The generation weened on them is on the way out.
Dirty Harry is another , The SS isn't perfect and light on accessories but I ordered it because aren't any other options.

Back