Premium Format Slave Leia - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you mean exactly the opposite of what you are typing. No, I am not new to repainting (obviously), and you mean invulnerable. Most paint will stand up to water, and even alcohol. You just don't want the alcohol to soak in. Water will do nothing. Dried paint does not reliquify. Casual handling won't hurt it. I handled my Leia a lot while I was repainting her.

Stay away from enamels though. I don't strust them at all. They always have unexpected chemical reactions to the weirdest stuff. Acrylics works great on figures. Just spray seal it with something when your done. If it's a tiny area like the face that I won't be handling anyway, I won't even bother sealing it as long as the finish is appropriate.

p1050013u.jpg

:horror

I will have this someday...

I think you mean exactly the opposite of what you are typing. No, I am not new to repainting (obviously), and you mean invulnerable. Most paint will stand up to water, and even alcohol. You just don't want the alcohol to soak in. Water will do nothing. Dried paint does not reliquify. Casual handling won't hurt it. I handled my Leia a lot while I was repainting her.

Stay away from enamels though. I don't strust them at all. They always have unexpected chemical reactions to the weirdest stuff. Acrylics works great on figures. Just spray seal it with something when your done. If it's a tiny area like the face that I won't be handling anyway, I won't even bother sealing it as long as the finish is appropriate.

Ok. I just wanted to know because I usually build model kits and I've been using tamiya paints, spaycans, and brush. The more I touch dried pieces, they will eventually start to aged or wear off. I bought a 7 Neca Michael Myers with the ghost sheet, the mask paint job sucked, I improved it but I know if i just try to file a piece of dirt off the painted area with my fingernail, it would eventually scrape off. What kind of paints do these companies use to make them feel like their a part of the figure and not a layer of color?

For others that have received this statue, dose anyone elses statue have flaws around the ears? Mine has a very small paint chip in one ear lobe and a paint flaw behind the other ear (both well hidden by the ear rings). I havent decided to seek a replacement (and risk a worse problem) or not. Thanks

For others that have received this statue, dose anyone elses statue have flaws around the ears? Mine has a very small paint chip in one ear lobe and a paint flaw behind the other ear (both well hidden by the ear rings). I havent decided to seek a replacement (and risk a worse problem) or not. Thanks

Yeah, I have a tiny chip where they drilled the hole for one of the earrings. It's too small to notice, so I'm not going to worry about it.

I haven't noticed any paint chips around the ears, and I'm not gonna look in case I do find something. :lol If I can't notice anything while she's on display, I don't worry about it.

What I did notice about her ears when I took her outside though was that there's some kind of black paint or whatever it is inside the ears. It's a little worse on one than the other, but again I didn't notice it until I took her outside in natural light, and I don't notice it when she's on display.

...but I know if i just try to file a piece of dirt off the painted area with my fingernail, it would eventually scrape off.

:lolI'm willing to bet filing any paint will eventually make it come off. Stop filing your figures.:google

What kind of paints do these companies use to make them feel like their a part of the figure and not a layer of color?

I actually wonder that myself. I'm certain it is applied with some sort of aribrush, but what the paint actually is I don't know. I know a lot of people like to use Tamiya, but I really, really hate that crap. That is the hardest to use paint I have ever tried. None of the colors mix well together, they are alway sticky, and they don't thin well. Hell, that stuff doesn't even stay mixed in the damn bottle. Every time I dip my brush, I have to re-stir it. Tamiya sucks, and that is my 17 year amatuer-professional opinion. Folk Art is ounce for ounce, the best stuff ever. Thins with water for airbrush, cleans up easily, mixes with any other color, and has the largest range of colors, including metallics, that I have ever seen. I even love their spray sealers.

Anybody wants to get rid of their Salacious Crumb?
Luis

Should have hit me up two days ago. Sold mine to Avfin.

I think the sculpted on bikini suffers next to a "real" PF like ANH Leia wearing a real cloth dress.

Not that I'm a fan of sculpted clothing, but I don't think they could have pulled this off better if they had used separate parts. However, if the pieces were separate, but glued into place, maybe that could have been good.

Mine too, but totally not a big enough deal to go through the hassle of replacement. Just use some touch up paint. "Portrait Medium" by Folk Art is a pretty good overall match for her skin tone. A thin coat would hide any scratches there nicely. Just thin the paint with water before applying so it goes on smoothly like thick milk, but not runny.

Kinda seems that way. I guess there wasn't much point in discussing it further after I spanked Sideshow for their poor paint apps.

Haven't seen much discussion on the Crumb, which was pretty good. I did sell mine to Avfin though before I took pics. The only other on this thread was the broken one somebody got.

drumgail has sent me his Leia for repaint.

I think it's too bad this piece isn't getting enough recognition. Sure the paint apps aren't the best, but it's mainly just the eyes and like I said before, I don't think she desperately need a repaint. I'm very happy with mine, but everyone has their own opinions.

It is surprising this piece isn't more of the rage on here. It really is a great piece overall. It has the best butt I've seen on a figure. Lets see that in an instant REARplay:

Rear.jpg

LowerBack.jpg

Legs.jpg

Ass.jpg

Yeah, that doesn't suck. I guess there is less to talk about when there is less to complain about. Knowing how good it looks when painted properly leaves practically nothing to pick at.

I buy my Folk Art paints at Michaels Arts & Crafts stores. I don't know if you have those, but I know other states do have them.

Last edited:
Man I didn't think of this! Since I don't like statue's face I could buy one and display the butt in front...:monkey1

Back