Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job on the figure ebor and thanks for posting the image of Max Marine boy! I don't think I've seen that one before and the clarity of the image is great. It's funny how hard it is to capture Gibson's likeness in 1/6 form. I have tried at least 3 times to sculpt him and it eludes me every time. It's like his nose changes shape in every single image from the Road Warrior!

You can see his badge clearly in the first movie. It would make sense that it's the same jacket in both movies, just that it's had some alterations / wear and tear over the course of time.

mm10.jpg

It would be cool, if someone made a "clean" version of Max from the 1st movie.

Thanks for that pic showing the tag, Marine boy.

this figure needs a seamless body

Agreed.

Because it is just one exposed joint I don't think the expense is justified (said the guy who just spent $40 on replacement body--and will likely need to spend north of $200 for a custom painted HS replacement :rotfl )

Are there any companies out there that make a body with seamless arms only? Kinda like the ThreeZero Storm Shadow or HT Thor bodies. That would be the way to go.

Because it is just one exposed joint I don't think the expense is justified (said the guy who just spent $40 on replacement body--and will likely need to spend north of $200 for a custom painted HS replacement :rotfl )
I hear ya! I picked up seamless armed bodies for my HT Colonial Marines (Hicks and Hudson) just because the elbow joints would bug me to no end.

I'm already preparing myself for the inevitable custom head sculpt, too...

We all have to make sacrifices for the Max we want. :exactly:
:lecture Especially when Road Warrior Max has been a grail for me for decades.

I hear ya! I picked up seamless armed bodies for my HT Colonial Marines (Hicks and Hudson) just because the elbow joints would bug me to no end.

I'm already preparing myself for the inevitable custom head sculpt, too...

:lecture Especially when Road Warrior Max has been a grail for me for decades.
Yeah I have been working on my MM fig for ages, I'm a bit ocd about it tbh, if you look at anything long enough you can find fault with it. If you looked at the Sistine Chapel long enough I'm sure you could find faults with it :lol .
I have come to the conclusion its just never going to be perfect. Also Max's costume In the Road Warrior, sometimes changes, for example Max has two different looking shotgun holsters in the film.

I picked this up a while back, around the time this figure went up for pre-order. It's a 1/6 scale Chevy V8 engine, not a Ford, so will need repainting in blue. I chose this one, as it has a supercharger with spinning belt.

590873400664146695_84035-2.jpg

Last edited:
I picked this up a while back, around the time this figure went up for pre-order. It's a 1/6 scale Chevy V8 engine, not a Ford, so will need repainting in blue. I chose this one, as it has a supercharger with spinning belt.

So I can guess what your next scratch build will be after the spinner!

A 1/6 V8 Interceptor, now that is something I would love to see.

Thanks for posting this. I like the thinner torso, as well.

That's a huge line-up of bodies. I hope they are solid builds and not floppy. Could be a game-changer in the customs part of our hobby.

Back