Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks good there, MGS.

I assume that you reused the stock hands? If so, they look fine on the new body.
Thanks! A huge thanks to Asta as well. The body fits the outfit perfectly.

The hands I used are from VTS Revenger but the wrist pegs on the JX body look like they would work with the more accurate stock hands

Love it. Any problems with the zipper? That kinda scares me.
Definitely be careful with the slider. When I pulled mine all the way down the slider came off the track because there’s no bottom stop. It’s still possible to get it back on track though.

Taking the boot off with the leg brace made me nervous too.

Definitely be careful with the slider. When I pulled mine all the way down the slider came off the track because there’s no bottom stop. It’s still possible to get it back on track though.

Taking the boot off with the leg brace made me nervous too.

The zipper pull came off twice during the changes I made, and each time I was afraid it either wouldn't go back on, or break the runner at the bottom.

The leg brace was another issue too, and one change tore the upper strap off it's peg, so I had to glue the two halves together to the mounting plate.

As your photo shows, it's well worth the effort and risk.

I made a few mods to the stock body, if you can't manage a body swap.

Be super careful with the zipper when removing the jacket. Remove the plugs on the lower back to access the screws and disassemble the abdomen. Carefully cut the join on the skin layer to remove it. Using a dremel, i ground down each ball peg by a few millimetres, as well as across the chest and under the arms. I also bevelled the neck connector to increase the range of motion.

mm1.jpg

Cut a notch on the back of the neck connector to allow more movement.

mm2.jpg

I sawed the abdomen in half and removed a few millimetres off top and bottom. Sand the edges for a clean join. It's necessary to cut down the socket inserts as well.

mm3.jpg

Glue the top and bottom halves together.

mm4.jpg

Reassemble the body and re-glue the skin at the join.

mm5.jpg

I sanded back the top of the abs to better blend in with the top half.

mm6.jpg

The reduction in the torso length allows the jacket to fit much better.

mm7.jpg

I also removed the stitching on the top edge of the holster, so the shotgun actually fits.

mm8.jpg

I still think he looks a little too clean, so plan to add some weathering on the leathers. I think i now know what my next scratchbuild project will be, after i finish my Blade Runner Spinner.

Last edited:
Just waiting on coco stand...I will add the number plate over left breast and add a multi tool. I opened up threads on gun holster and no issue getting shot gun seated properly. Also added paper clip under collar.

This is ported on to ganghood 2.0 stands 11 inches. I am pretty happy--I need a bit more added to the bottom of the knee to top of boot ratio--I will work on this. Sure if I can get an improved hs great but I think this looks ok.

Attachments

• 1642210122112-1135963055.jpg
    1642210122112-1135963055.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 1642210144643-1204281888.jpg
    1642210144643-1204281888.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 16422101792841685209232.jpg
    16422101792841685209232.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 1642210248613-640342804.jpg
    1642210248613-640342804.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Just waiting on coco stand...I will add the number plate over left breast and add a multi tool. I opened up threads on gun holster and no issue getting shot gun seated properly. Also added paper clip under collar.

This is ported on to ganghood 2.0 stands 11 inches. I am pretty happy. Sure if I can get an improved hs great but I think this looks ok.

I like the proportions a lot better on the Ganghood body, compared to the stock one, but that right arm looks too skinny. Everything else seems to work fine.

I like the proportions a lot better on the Ganghood body, compared to the stock one, but that right arm looks too skinny. Everything else seems to work fine.
It's the way I angled the right arm (to hide the elbow seam)--Mel Gibson was not ripped in this movie thankfully...lol (the stock body was bizarre--especially the weird chest and wonky arms.)

It's the way I angled the right arm (to hide the elbow seam)--Mel Gibson was not ripped in this movie thankfully...lol (the stock body was bizarre--especially the weird chest and wonky arms.)
Ah ok. That's good to know. I'm still going to try the JX01 body first but if I'm not convinced with how it looks, I may go with a Ganghood, as well.

This is ported on to ganghood 2.0 stands 11 inches. I am pretty happy--I need a bit more added to the bottom of the knee to top of boot ratio--I will work on this. Sure if I can get an improved hs great but I think this looks ok.

I think the jacket is actually too big for this body or maybe your photos make it look this way.
The jacket on the left arm is too long, it looks like Mel stole the jacket from someone bigger.
The gloved hands hid this problem in similar mods, but here using plain hands it's too obvious,
maybe do the same and use gloved hands.

Back