Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, we really need a definitive Max sculpt. It's one of the last great characters in my collection that needs a good sculpt to finish it off. I'm sure Beastmaster's will be the one. I also have another potential sculptor in line for the future (a very remote and distant possibility) but that would be an expensive commission. I'd love to see a weary, battered Max sculpt from the end of Road Warrior.

Guys, who did this sculpt? I'd love to have this one on my Premier Toys Max (I'm still waiting for mine!)

max_big1.jpg

Looks like Andy Bergholtz' work.

Probably from the early 2000s, he was one of SSC's original sculptors. Unlikely it was ever made for sale, hence the 'personal piece' tag.

Always enjoy seeing those old lost treasures, albeit bitter sweet in their having not being released. Reminds me of the licensed 12" figures teased in an old ToyFair Magazine years ago.

Last edited:
Always enjoy seeing those old lost treasures, albeit bitter sweet in their having not being released. Reminds me of the licensed 12" figures teased in an ToyFair Magazine years ago.
If I’m remembering correctly, they also listed the price point of $30, and I’m sure all of you can relate I was already trying to mentally balance how I can work in that amount with my figure purchases in the near future!

Hi everyone, I just join this frorm and I have been collect 1/6 figure for a while. Here is my first post -
IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

Max Mad 2 is one of my fav movie, have to get him... overall is okay, but I feel the head sculpt is a bit off. And the pair of binoculars is missing in my box. Contacted KG a few days ago... waiting for reply.

Hi everyone, I just join this frorm and I have been collect 1/6 figure for a while. Here is my first post - View attachment 558789
View attachment 558792
View attachment 558793
Max Mad 2 is one of my fav movie, have to get him... overall is okay, but I feel the head sculpt is a bit off. And the pair of binoculars is missing in my box. Contacted KG a few days ago... waiting for reply.
In mine, kneepad was missing. Also contacted Kghobby a few days ago, no answer yet

It looks like softening the painted shading of the lower eyelids will go a long way in easily improving how the face looks. Still waiting for my preorder :(

Here my my custom using Premier Toys Max
  • replaced head,body, belt and shoulder pad
  • added a few accessories (multi-tool, metal pins, metal name tag, music box, Dog-food can)
  • Added weathering and trimmed/fixed some leather stuff here and there
51851079881_2edc3f4ab6_b.jpg

51851149028_4cc41678f4_b.jpg

51851733180_7e10cb49ae_b.jpg

51851149168_c88963e8f2_b.jpg

51851149058_11d08c4243_b.jpg

Maybe the head is not sitting right. I only noticed after taking photos. I'll find a way to push in further.

Seeing how Dark Toys Deckard came out is not inspiring confidence in DT Max... and that's the one I was now kind of banking on now after Premier's release.
Latest pics of DECKARD are pretty good, heads needs repaint but the rest is pretty good.

Premier Max take 3.

Was the third time a charm?

I'm not sure.

The JX S01 has different proportions to the Ganghood 2.0.

It has longer legs, so I only needed half the amount of white tack in the boots. The jacket appears to be a tiny bit shorter in relation to the placement of the top of the trousers. The biggest pay off is that the body matches the sculpt.

I measured the diameter of the neck on both the Ganghood 2.0 and JX S01 and they were identical.

So this is now Premier Max on the JX S01:

View attachment 554077

View attachment 554079

View attachment 554080

View attachment 554084

Both are an improvement over the stock figure.

The GH was a little better proportionally for the meeting of the jacket and trousers, but the JX is an almost perfect match for the sculpt paint since it's a properly tanned body.

On balance I prefer the uniformity of the JX, and will work on futzing the belt placement.
Well, mine has finally arrived home after an endless wait in customs. Now as soon as I have time I'll have to work on it, starting with the body swap for sure. @Asta , sorry to bother you but I have a doubt in this regard and maybe you can help me. What peg did you use to connect the head to the JX Toys S01 body? The peg that comes with the figure is too long so the head sits too high, and the one that comes with the S01 is too big to fit on the head connector. Have you modified the latter or have you used another system? Thanks!

Back