Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think other then the new body and face sculpt the Shadow pred has nothing going for it...

The fur looks terrible and it barley as any accessories

It's a must buy for me!I hope it won't get out of stock in less than 1 minute because tomorrow I want to get the new ht batman as well .:monkey2

You're kidding right?

Mr. Black came with.... a horrible head sculpt

I wouldn't say that. Innaccurate yes but the actual design in the film was horrible in my and other's opinion. I'm not saying HT should take it upon themselves to redesign things, in principle I would say 'no' to that sort of thing but I think we had kind of a happy accident with Berserker. I think they made him look more like a Predator than he actually does in the film. Apart from his dreads being too short I rather like his head. Particularly so in Spanbauer's pic in the Classic Predator thread.

I wouldn't say that. Innaccurate yes but the actual design in the film was horrible in my and other's opinion. I'm not saying HT should take it upon themselves to redesign things, in principle I would say 'no' to that sort of thing but I think we had kind of a happy accident with Berserker. I think they made him look more like a Predator than he actually does in the film. Apart from his dreads being too short I rather like his head. Particularly so in Spanbauer's pic in the Classic Predator thread.

As much as I like the Hot Toys Berserker head sculpt I would rather have a screen accurate Berserker in my collection any day.

HT's Berserker Pred is one of the best they've made in years. It's durable, highly detailed and IMO the paint-apps came out well. Screen accurate?- NO. A good figure?- Yes. We have yet to see any in-hand pics of Shadow yet, so why are people comparing that to Berserker ATM??

You're kidding right?

Mr. Black came with little to no accessories, a horrible head sculpt, and the LEDs don't even light up correctly. Can't forget the scraped scales either.

This guy is much more detailed, has a whole new body, whole new more ACCURATE head sculpt , more unique armor.. Awesome skull trophy accessory..etc

So you are saying Shadow looks better than Berserker? WOW

2-1.jpg

They are both great looking preds, but i wouldnt say Shadow is better. Not to mention Shadow had maybe what, 10 seconds of screen time? Berserker is a must have, this guy is just another mix of P2 Preds with a nice paint job...

They are both great looking preds, but i wouldnt say Shadow is better. Not to mention Shadow had maybe what, 10 seconds of screen time? Berserker is a must have, this guy is just another mix of P2 Preds with a nice paint job...
If my Mr. Black didn't have tons of scraped scales and an incredibly inaccurate head sculpt that I can't ____ing stand, it would be better.

He's not just a mix, he has the arm bands, the what do you call it.. belt/skirt thing. Doesn't have a Bio you have to shred against the face to put on..etc. Oh, and my favorite skull trophy yet. I like'em.

Yes, but apparently, that was because HT sent the entire HK Anicon 2010 allotment to Sideshow, because they couldn't sell it there due to circumstance.
Link
i was just about to post that. kinda doubt everybody can just get on the waitlist and expect to get one this time. if the site crashes when you try to get one, too bad for you.

i'm still wondering where that guy heard "Rumor is that SS will have both HK Anicon exclusive Batman and Predator at normal volume ~ 2000 or more pieces each". that goes against all the info we have so far.

So you mean that purely american store should take care of european buyers?! :monkey3

It's an online store that sells worldwide, not just to the USA, so yes. Also, when it is the store which sells these exclusives they should try to make it easier for everyone to be able to get them. If they want to limit themselves to the USA, so be it. They could have a better profit the other way. EDIT: They would also show more consideration for others too and not just american people.

huh ? how is that possible ?

here in Germany , VAT on the total amount incl shipping + 11.90€ fedex fee for re-paying the VAT.

so basicly 250$=175€ * 1,19 (VAT) = 208€ + 11,90€ (Fedex) = 220€/315$

Well, my first order on Sideshow was Royce, and when the Fedex people called me I almost fainted when they told me I had to pay 98 euros (about $140 - seems like I didn't convert well to USD in my mind as I said a lower value on my previous post, it's even worse than I said previously) I got really upset and said something had to be wrong.

With a few emails I learned it was correct. I also contacted Sideshow and they confirmed it was correct. Everything was right. From those $140, about $60 was Fedex taxes, the remaining value was customs and VAT. This is how it works with every courier in Portugal when the shipment comes from outside the euro zone, and it's ridiculous. Only standard mail, in which EMS is included, doesn't have that extra tax.

At the time I searched the web for more people from Portugal with the same complain and found a lot of people talking about it, not understanding why we have to pay so much to the courier apart from the customs taxes and VAT. It's ridiculous!

Due to this, my Royce is the most expensive Hot Toys figure I have... :slap

From what you say it seems like in Germany they charge a lot less. Which shows it may vary a lot between the European countries.

Either way, at least for portuguese people to buy on Sideshow... forget it. The only bad thing is that we miss the exclusives if we don't want to pay that ridiculous amount of money... I'm wondering if I pay less if I buy from a scalper/flipper. Sad but true... :rolleyes2

Anyway, I've already made up my mind. No Shadow Predator for me.

I forgot to say that I already talked about it with other stores, e.g., etoysjapan.com , and they said they never use couriers because they already know about what I said. Even hlj.com has Fedex campaigns and they don't allow to use Fedex to ship to Portugal, they block that shipping method at least to Portugal. When I bought Royce on Sideshow I thought I would only pay VAT and customs, thus what I said above.

If my Mr. Black didn't have tons of scraped scales and an incredibly inaccurate head sculpt that I can't ____ing stand, it would be better.

He's not just a mix, he has the arm bands, the what do you call it.. belt/skirt thing. Doesn't have a Bio you have to shred against the face to put on..etc. Oh, and my favorite skull trophy yet. I like'em.

What's the deal with the scraped scales -- Mine doesn't seem to ave any...just electronics that are shot...

I live in Chicago. I'm like a half hour away from the con. I've never been to one before. Do they usually have a lot of toys?

There are loads of toy dealers here not to many hot toys thou. A couple dealers have the latest preds at good prices thou. Tracker for 210 that's a geat deal.

Ahhhh! It's rather serene over here. :)
That Batman thread is just weird man.

GM Iron Man was only a month ago and I have already forgotten where that actual ordering page is for these PPO's.

Do we order from COUNTDOWN TO SPOOKTACULAR page? If you click on the PPO right now it takes you to the preview. Will that preview page update at 10am?

I think I want this Predator more than Batman.

Scalper on ebay has the item price lower than most but the shipping price at $199.99 and get this, it takes 15-24 days to arrive

This to me = :thwak

For that price in shipping I'd want it in 10 mins

How does this Pred against all the other preds? Middle of the pack? Above average? I haven't seen the second Predator movie yet. Was this guy prominent? Fan favorite?

I have the classic Predator on preorder, and I planned on him being the first. I'm also considering the berserker to go along with him.

Scalper on ebay has the item price lower than most but the shipping price at $199.99 and get this, it takes 15-24 days to arrive

This to me = :thwak

For that price in shipping I'd want it in 10 mins
that's flagrantly against ebay policy but i've never seen those auctions get taken down for it.

Back