Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)

IMG_0743.jpg

I think thats the first picture I've seen, after all this time since release, of this predator with all the other Hot Toys Lost Clan. I would have thought that'd be the most obvious thing to do but apparently not.

Almost all of the lost clan.(missing the most important one of all, "Pred 2" :wink1:)

Look how short Guardian is amongst the other 3. I hope hes not actually guarding anything else I'd have chosen one of the bigger members of the clan.

Almost all of the lost clan.(missing the most important one of all, "Pred 2" :wink1:)

I'd pose him dead and being carried by them but I don't think we have enough of the Losties yet to recreate that bit.

sssshh

I don't mind paying the price for him but all this talk of a remake is stopping me

You brought a smile to my face.
bigpig, I like you. You're a funny guy. :1-1: There's nothing wrong with good conversations/discussions-just as long as it doesn't turn ugly- right?

I opened this guy up last night, and I agree with some others in thinking this is the best traditional (read: non-"Super") Predator yet. The proportions just finally look right. He feels like one of the movie characters really shrunk down to 1/6th scale. Props to HT for continuing their evolution of the Predators to get where we are :clap

sssshh

I don't mind paying the price for him but all this talk of a remake is stopping me

You know there are already two P2 Predators, Regular (jaws don't open, med kit doesn't open, no gas mask and has no Alien trophy, the BD version has the closed and open jaws, trophy, and the other items mentioned. I personally have the first version, if you're careful you can remove the jaws and if you can get lucky and find the open jaws loose they will fit. You will have to clean some of the Predator blood off of them, but that's your choice. I also bought a custom Alien skull, it was about half of what everyone is asking for an original one. I would still like to find the med kit and mask. I don't think Guardian/Gort's mask is the same color as P2's right off hand.

My Shadow Predator want be here until Monday (Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins until Tuesday), my order got screwed up some some how.

I would rather Hot Toys finish the Lost Tribe before remaking any of the characters, to me that way we would have them all in case the line finally started to fade out.

I picked him up and I don't have any Lost preds yet either. But ya gotta start somewhere right? Eh, I'm not a completist so it doesn't matter to me. If they make more lost clan preds I'll probably get them but I'm not paying aftermarket prices to pick up any of the older ones.

Same here i'm becoming a fan of the line, i wont pay ridiculous prices for them on eBay, but i most defintely am not gonna ask HT to remake them for my sake, i arrived late and missed out, can't help that.

fedex guy just came, its now opened and im "playing" :D I love this figure.. simply awesome, I need a mask though, I wanted the TD one but he has =nt put me on that list of his yet

Same here i'm becoming a fan of the line, i wont pay ridiculous prices for them on eBay, but i most defintely am not gonna ask HT to remake them for my sake, i arrived late and missed out, can't help that.

yeah, some of those ebay prices are crazy. P2 Elder I think is pushing $1000 mint, and so are all the other mint AVP preds.

After paying $250 i would expect to get a figure that is 100% complete,it would be different if was a 7inch neca:nana:
I mean still, if I couldn't get another then I would rather have 95% than 0% of a figure.
no, the Elder is the most important one. the only reason i even have a BD P2 is for the alien trophy skull.

Elder is the most important man!

I know this has nothing to do with market value, but in my eyes, the desirability of the Elder went way down with the release of this new body. He would just look too awkward and unrealistic on a display with Shadow. For the sake of you guys who are completists, I do hope HT considers re-doing more of the previously released Pred guys with these newer bodies.

I personally was a little bit on the edge about getting this figure. Initially my only reason was to keep the lost clan going since that is my favorite part of the whole p2 movie. But after having it in hand it truly looks a million times better in person than in the pictures. While I miss the torso articulation, the superior makes up for it. Also, don't have much of an issue with the displaying him with the older body preds. They all kinda blend in and look awesome as a group. I'm gonna try and take som photos of the clan together later on this evening.

Tom

Back