Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K20160716-185115.jpg

These are all my live fire personal blasters.

PERFECTION!!! :rock :rock

Lol Yeah pretty much how it works :) and my own mind is working up to canceling some 1/6 items and getting some 1:1 items.

Although I'm pretty content with the amount of nerdiness she has agreed to have at our wedding. :lol

-our entry music is the SW theme
-the marriage officiant (don't know if That's the right word, the one WO conduct the ceremony since it's not a Churchill wedding) will finish the ceremony with "May the Force be with you"
-exit music is Imperial March
-lightsaber cake knife
-tables named after SW characters with portraits of the characters on the tables (Draken by a awesome fellow nerd from a FB group).

:yes

That is awesome!

One suggestion... the marriage officiant should say, "The Force will be with you. Always."

:rock

After living with it for a day and getting used to it, I'm much happier with it. I think the lighting in the room I opened it in must have been bad, since it looks way better after moving it around and putting it on a stand...

Looking at permanent stand options for it now. There's a dude on Etsy that makes mini versions of the ash-tray/pedestal Kylo puts it in as stands. Debating between that and a normal black circular stand.

Very happy I picked it up.. Just gotta find something to stick behind the visor so it stays black lol
Glad you like it.

I would use a stainless steel stand instead. It matches nicely with the metal-like feature that borders around the eye-holes and it doesn't get lost in the presentation. Black on black makes the helmet look like it's floating if you have a dark background. With a lighter background, it makes the helmet look like a giant lollipop.

Black stands work well with the white helmets. Just my opinion. To each his own.

Finished up an SE-14R blaster today, I'm pretty happy with it and just need to make a stand for it.

It's 3D printed on an Ultimaker 2, from a model by mcclarydesign on Thingiverse. The scope mount & sight were originally in one part but I've split them up so they can better placed and aren't raised up above the barrel.

After sanding and priming it's had 3 coats of satin black paint, a clear coat, and then a chat of satin black over everything except the grips. The bolt has had some chrome buffing powder added so it doesn't stand out to much but isn't completely black.

A cheap 4x20 rifle scope fitted perfectly on the mount. And yes I know it's on backwards ;)

It's not entirely accurate, but I've had fun putting it together and I'm looking forward to adding it to my SW display.

Dan
45223ebcfa8d94b4f84112134dfbdf07.jpg
b06acf78743fa2264d69fa47d985dc25.jpg
0e8b071ab516f34ce24a18f503579e6e.jpg

Where do you guys pick up helmets from I like EVO 3 but he never replies and actual companie prices are ridiculous in my opinion I know there are some good prop makers but not who they actually are

Where do you guys pick up helmets from I like EVO 3 but he never replies and actual companie prices are ridiculous in my opinion I know there are some good prop makers but not who they actually are

It really depends on which character you're looking for. Some are just more easier to find/buy than others.

I rarely display anything larger than 1/6 with headsculpts because anything larger than that gets creepy to me:lol

Last edited:
Helmets are one thing. They look great & are awesome, from the moment you take 'em out of the box. The only 1:1 bust that I have (SS C3-P0), literally took about a month to get used to. I was even creeped out for the first few nights. You just.... felt like someone else was in the room with you. & that's from a robot. That Tarkin bust looks like can it take a breath! :google I don't know if I'd ever get used to that one. I'd still give it a go though, if I could afford the astronomical price.

By the way, I love my 3PO bust now.

Back