POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it's still 2 reward points for every $1 you spend. Also, their prices for Hot Toys are now the same as SS & BBTS (used to be @ 5% lower), so not much incentive to buy from them anymore.

I'm trying to figure out, if at 4% rewards to Sideshow's 5%, since the $20 coupons usually negate the shipping but lately most of my orders have been over $20 shipping for regular sized figures, if AEC has free shipping on new pre-orders, would that 1% difference in rewards be worth it? The math made my head explode :lol :pow probably hardly any difference for 1/6 Hot Toys, would've been good for larger heavier statues or figures but I guess that's why it's not for all pre-orders? :huh

No, it's still 2 reward points for every $1 you spend. Also, their prices for Hot Toys are now the same as SS & BBTS (used to be @ 5% lower), so not much incentive to buy from them anymore.

except for the fact that they double box most items unlike SS and you still get reward points (unlike bbts). They also offer plenty of ways to get extra points through social media and you get over 1000 points for your birthday. I think there's still incentive to buy from them at least for me there is.

I think AlterEgo is starting to offer free shipping on figures too, just got an email about it. And often they have $10 off coupons that popup on the site when you browse around.

except for the fact that they double box most items unlike SS and you still get reward points (unlike bbts). They also offer plenty of ways to get extra points through social media and you get over 1000 points for your birthday. I think there's still incentive to buy from them at least for me there is.

The social media points are one-time things (follow on Instagram & Twitter, like on Facebook, etc.), but I'd forgotten about the annual birthday reward points. And it's actually 1250 points or $25. So it is worthwhile once a year.

I think AlterEgo is starting to offer free shipping on figures too, just got an email about it. And often they have $10 off coupons that popup on the site when you browse around.

Yep, they have free shipping on pre-orders (most of them, I think they only exclude statues and larger 1/4 figures or sets). I think the $10 coupons though might be one time use because I used one a year or two ago and tried using another one but it didn't work, but not 100% sure, maybe the new ones work :dunno

SS's reward points earned on a purchase do not offset the sales tax in California, so I generally have been ordering from BBTS since they are out of state. It takes longer to get the figures from them, but overall it is cheaper given no sales tax and the $4 shipping. I may give AE a try on my next purchase to see how they roll. Looks like they charge a $1 deposit on pre-orders (according to their "order policies"), but I noticed that they don't have a larger NRD for TLJ Luke like BBTS and SS. Is that generally the rule, or do they sometimes require a higher NRD?

Yup you are correct. Was able to get $20 off Asmus Legolas the other night while just checking out new POs.
The social media points are one-time things (follow on Instagram & Twitter, like on Facebook, etc.), but I'd forgotten about the annual birthday reward points. And it's actually 1250 points or $25. So it is worthwhile once a year.
I get that. All I’m saying is that you’re getting reward points along with a double boxed item that will ship free now seems worth it. I don’t see the appeal of ordering 1/6 stuff from BBTS. I get my Masterpieces TFs from there but otherwise I stick to SS for exclusives and AE for all other 1/6 and 1/4 stuff.

Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I looked around and couldn't find an answer. I was wondering if anyone from England could tell me how much they paid in customs charges from Popcultcha? The last time I tried calculating custom charges I got it horribly wrong! The figure I want I can only find on Popcultcha and was wondering what the customs fee would be. Thanks in advance for any answers and sorry again if this is posted in the wrong place.

Well dang, looks like one of my two local TRUs is closing. And of course it’s the bigger “nice” one of the two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The closest one to me closed many years ago. But still have fond memories, several huge isles of just action figures. Good times. :)

The one close to my home and the one close to my job are both closing. Looks like I'll be visiting amazon and other online stores a lot more.

Bummer. I was going to pick up the Civil War Black Widow today regardless of the sale, but it appears she's gone now.

Back