The Anatomy of a Pose - A Central Hub for Tips and Tricks to Better Your Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick snaps of my favourite subject.

IMG_1139.jpg

Same pose, different angle.

IMG_1137.jpg

Sometimes a pose looks great from one angle and not so much from another, so it's always good to move around an see which angle best captures what one wanted to convey with the pose in the first place.

Quick snaps of my favourite subject. Sometimes a pose looks great from one angle and not so much from another, so it's always good to move around an see which angle best captures what one wanted to convey with the pose in the first place.

Great pics and excellent point. Much the same to the pose on the shelf too, sometimes a real life pose doesn't emote the way it does in a photo and vice versa.

Quick snaps of my favourite subject.

View attachment 494865

Same pose, different angle.

View attachment 494866

Sometimes a pose looks great from one angle and not so much from another, so it's always good to move around an see which angle best captures what one wanted to convey with the pose in the first place.

Great example of how to bring a figure to life without it being in a terrible "museum" pose, and also without undue stressing of any of the joints (if people are worried about that).

Great pics and excellent point. Much the same to the pose on the shelf too, sometimes a real life pose doesn't emote the way it does in a photo and vice versa.

Great example of how to bring a figure to life without it being in a terrible "museum" pose, and also without undue stressing of any of the joints (if people are worried about that).

Thanks guys, glad you liked them! :duff

Hoody999, that break-dancing Spider-Man is gold.

I love how you can use a pose to create emotion or a sense of urgency ? I think most of us usually just go for dramatic effect, but you can capture so many esoteric emotions, too. You can get a great sense of dread or even some humor with the right pose.

Attachments

• ghostbusters bad luck venkman.jpg
    ghostbusters bad luck venkman.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 304
  • cowgirl bump in the night.jpg
    cowgirl bump in the night.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 303
  • super sonico girls just wanna have fun.jpg
    super sonico girls just wanna have fun.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 306
Ha, ha, thanks, Abake! When I saw those two hands together by chance, I knew I’d have to set up some kind of paper-rock-scissors scenario to pose them with. When I got the idea of using the Ghostbusters for it, originally it was going to be Peter who won, forcing Ray into doing the unpleasant task like he always does in the movie. But the sculpts on their faces… Peter’s hangdog look just lent itself to ‘oh, no’; and Ray from that angle looks like a winner. So Venkman ended up finally having to take one for the team.

Love that "crossing no-man's land" pose.

Looks great. Tempted to do this since I have multiple Wonder Woman figures (all the releases thus far).

too bad we cannot keep in that pose without potential damage to the seamless body.

Love that "crossing no-man's land" pose.

Yeah I loved that iconic scene and felt inclined to recreate a semblance of it!

Looks great. Tempted to do this since I have multiple Wonder Woman figures (all the releases thus far).

too bad we cannot keep in that pose without potential damage to the seamless body.

Yeah I'm glad the figure is able to pull it off, but admittedly I'm more of a museum poser (just standing straight) so I'm not too terribly bothered not being able to leave these figures in dynamic poses.

Back