Statue Pop Culture Shock: An American Werewolf In London

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These aren't flattering photos of the paint work. The wolf and the stairs look washed out. That being said, the upper lip was not molded right and the detail around the eyes and nose is lacking. Everything that made the wolf menacing is now gone. I just hope the EX head comes out better as that's how I plan to display him. No sense in putting in for a refund if I'm unsatisfied. I'd be waiting a year just to get my money back. Two plus years is long enough. I just want to get this in hand so I can wash my hands of PCS and move on.

Pretty much...

I will take my skills to it to make it what it should have been. I LOVE AWIL so I will work it until I am happy.

It's a decent base sculpt but the paint is lazy at best....

Guess we will see what happens with the EX head....I have not gotten a shipping notice yet. Anyone else?

How did they get this if no one else has gotten a ship notice?

What happened to the gold edging on the base!? The Red carpet?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is gonna be easily a repaint for me...not a problem :)

Agreed....the teeth being so high up is the major problem here.....

The color was always off from the start....but still it's a far cry from proto....

No grey visible at all...

130d2fc7ef9b4f1607a28bb516c16e11.jpeg
b3cd358382b9ef94595d3b1d764b4763.jpeg
e7670aea2aa6ab1a0a587f3eda30245c.jpeg

From the photos, it looks like they glued the upper jaw in crooked. The neck seam is god-awful. This statue has only one good angle, and that's straight to the face.

In the face of their website being garbage, it's near impossible to contact them, their customer service is in contention for the worst in the industry and their incessant delays...the one thing they need to get right (since the drop the ball on literally everything else) is nailing a great product. This they did not do.

As far as teeth/gums, I will see if I could with epoxy to get those gums better

So would the one being painted in the first image above qualify as an artist proof?

Prototype. PCS artist proofs are just the same as the rest of the regular ES, but say AP on the base. Nothing special these days. I know with the extra 1:3 Ninjas they had for replacements, they just marked them AP and put them up for sale.

Yes ...but you WILL panic right?

;)

Even with the photos we have seen I am not in panic mode... Granted they are not as good as the proto. Except for paint color I am not sure how much would have noticed had it not been pointed out.

AWIL is one of my top 10 films of all time and it;s my #1 horror fav if I don;t count JAWS... So I am still looking forward to seeing this in hand.

Even with the photos we have seen I am not in panic mode... Granted they are not as good as the proto. Except for paint color I am not sure how much would have noticed had it not been pointed out.

AWIL is one of my top 10 films of all time and it;s my #1 horror fav if I don;t count JAWS... So I am still looking forward to seeing this in hand.

Yeah basically the same here. Paint would have needed touchups on Proto anyway IMO.

Got the invoice for the shipping charges.

This will be displayed alongside my Jaws maquette. Anxious to see the EX head.

Got the invoice for the shipping charges.

This will be displayed alongside my Jaws maquette. Anxious to see the EX head.

Woot! You maybe the first to get one then....I have the EX also ordered.

How much was shipping if you don't mind me Adkin.

I just checked my PayPal account and found my shipping invoice from PCS waiting for me as well. I live in NJ, and my shipping charge was $48.24. I didn't get an email notification that my invoice was waiting, so I would suggest anyone who used PayPal to order this, to check your account. You may have your shipping invoice waiting as well. :clap

Mine is the EX version.

I just checked my PayPal account and found my shipping invoice from PCS waiting for me as well. I live in NJ, and my shipping charge was $48.24. I didn't get an email notification that my invoice was waiting, so I would suggest anyone who used PayPal to order this, to check your account. You may have your shipping invoice waiting as well. :clap

Mine is the EX version.

Thanks for this, same deal here....invoice sitting there no email about it to be found.

Now I wonder how long it will take to get to my door....

Thanks for this, same deal here....invoice sitting there no email about it to be found.

Now I wonder how long it will take to get to my door....

Excellent! To be fair, my invoice was dated today (9/29), so it wasn't waiting there very long, but an email notification would be helpful in these situations for sure.

Back