Poll: 1/6th figure of the year 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1/6th Figure of the Year 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If his height was a bit shorter and dome a bit wider he would have been my choice. Just a few too many (albeit) small issues for Vader to take honors for me.

But, still an awesome figure :rock

Godfather figure is awesome, but I've decided the "guy in suit" figures just aren't my thing.

For the most part they're boring as hell, but even moreso when sitting next to, say, an Ironman or Terminator or Jedi figure? Just as an example...

I've never, ever, ever had someone look at my collection and say "wow, that Bruce Wayne in the suit blows me away!"

For the most part they're boring as hell, but even moreso when sitting next to, say, an Ironman or Terminator or Jedi figure? Just as an example...

I've never, ever, ever had someone look at my collection and say "wow, that Bruce Wayne in the suit blows me away!"

I think Bruce Wayne and Stark were my tipping point... I was ready to start bashing alter ego's together and realized I didn't want to give up the shelf space for a Dent, Stark, Wayne, etc....

I voted for Godfather. Though neither the DX Joker or the fig I voted for have arrived, Joker should be here in a week or so and with luck, GF will be sitting under the tree. From photo's, Godfather wins.

Vader for me and i don't mean this guy

LotImg4271.jpg

Godfather for me. Just an all around fantastic figure in terms of sculpt, tailoring, accessories, etc., and it helps that it's a great character portrayed by the most legendary of actors in one of the all time greatest films. That said, I own and love Jack, Vader and the Predator.

I think Bruce Wayne and Stark were my tipping point... I was ready to start bashing alter ego's together and realized I didn't want to give up the shelf space for a Dent, Stark, Wayne, etc....

Same issue... I even traded my Clark Kent, though he's pretty damn cool, the other week... They just take up space and really don't enhance the collection much... after all, we're fans of Two-Face, Ironman and Batman, not their alter egos so much. Even that new Stark doesn't do much for me.... Amazing figure, just not for me.

But more on topic, the Godfather is perfect in everyway. Just a masterpiece... But he just ends up being a guy in a tux with a chair. Not very dynamic. IMO

If his height was a bit shorter and dome a bit wider he would have been my choice. Just a few too many (albeit) small issues for Vader to take honors for me.

But, still an awesome figure :rock

QFT............:lecture

Same issue... I even traded my Clark Kent, though he's pretty damn cool, the other week... They just take up space and really don't enhance the collection much... after all, we're fans of Two-Face, Ironman and Batman, not their alter egos so much. Even that new Stark doesn't do much for me.... Amazing figure, just not for me.

But more on topic, the Godfather is perfect in everyway. Just a masterpiece... But he just ends up being a guy in a tux with a chair. Not very dynamic. IMO

Funny, I've always been more interested in the alteregos. I bought another Two-Face just so I could display both Harvey and Two-Face. Went out of my way to create a Wayne too. Guys in suits can be interesting too.

Vader for me. He's the iconic figure I've been waiting a long time for. The Iron Man and Joker figures are at the top of the list too, but I actually feel a little burnt out by them.

I still need to get the Mark 1 and the Godfather for my collection.

The thing about guys in suits, it really depends on the character. Bruce Wayne and Stark, for example, are not very representative for their character, so they don't have that much appeal. But Godfather, or Jack, despite being "guys in suits", are what they are: one a mobster and one a psycho, so this is already their alter ego :)

Funny, I've always been more interested in the alteregos. I bought another Two-Face just so I could display both Harvey and Two-Face. Went out of my way to create a Wayne too. Guys in suits can be interesting too.

I have them both on display as well but as of late I'm not so hot on the idea... They seem to take up the space that could be inhabited by a more interesting caliber of figure. Hell, even though I got rid of Clark I still replaced him with the 2 in 1 Clark....

Hard to say really. Wayne, Kent, Dent are all important in their alter egos... they just make bland figures when on display.

The thing about guys in suits, it really depends on the character. Bruce Wayne and Stark, for example, are not very representative for their character, so they don't have that much appeal. But Godfather, or Jack, despite being "guys in suits", are what they are: one a mobster and one a psycho, so this is already their alter ego :)

True.... Henry Jones, for example, is an awesome figure! And I don't even think of him as a "guy in a suit"...

DX w/ PERS for the win! :chew

I don't see how there can be any contest. Huge advancement in 1/6.

Godfather a close second. A SSC fig isn't even in my top 5.

I cant beleive you put Suck Rodgers on there and not even one Joe offering :monkey4

Though you did add Jack on there :rock

Based on the figures on the poll its a tie between Vader and Jack........

But Storm Shadow trumps them both.

I will vote Jack, since I am sure Vader will get plenty of votes.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The Hot Toys Dark Knight series of figures and vehicles is amazing and they keep on coming. If it's a line rather than a single figure this is the niftiest set of toys since Marx made the "Best of the West" series in the sixties. Being a little facetious, but the DK stuff is unbelievable.
If it's a single figure I'd be hard pressed to come up with just one, and several of my choices for "bests" would be SSC items that would probably be greeted with derision by the peanut gallery. Were a pretty big bunch of snob here and a lot of us don't seem to like anything that aint' Hot Toys these days. I do think it was a pretty fantastic year for several manufacturers.

Back