Please help deathrow dog Lennox.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because pitbulls represent something they don't understand...and you always fear what you don't understand.
I know what you're trying to do. ;) Guns and pitbulls are different things. Media loves: violence, crime, scary things, death, tragedy. That encompasses guns and pitbulls, yes, but also killer bees, the pomeranian, terrorism, anything really. They'll give the slightest things huge exposure if they can get ratings.

Me personally, I have had secondhand experience with a pitbull (BTW I used the term "snapped" because he gave no indication he was going to do that, the two dogs used to play all the time). I've had firsthand experience with guns. Despite being in the same media-attention category there is no huge campaign against pitbulls like there is with guns. Or if there is I'm unaware of it (I think someone mentioned they were going to ban bulldogs? That is such crap if it's true).

Keep your "scary" dog. It's fine with me. Just don't walk him on a loose leash, and keep him away from little kids. "Just in case." You know?

I do hope Lennox gets back to his family though.

I'm sure the media went nuts about the pomeranian who killed the baby too, you know it. They go nuts over every dog attack. They don't discriminate against the dogs. What do they have to lose or gain if it was a pomeranian versus a pitbull?
They didnt go crazy about the Pomeranian attack and they do discriminate against Pit Bulls. I found out about the Pomeranian attack through a very small article on the Internet. There was a story about a Pit Bull giving up his life to protect his family from a cobra. Was that on the news?? Hell nah

They didnt go crazy about the Pomeranian attack and they do discriminate against Pit Bulls. I found out about the Pomeranian attack through a very small article on the Internet. There was a story about a Pit Bull giving up his life to protect him family from a cobra. Was that on the news?? Hell nah
Small articles on the internet aren't the most reliable sources of news.

As for the pitbull/cobra, well the media focuses more on scare stories than inspirational ones. Unfortunately.

Oh. Okay, sorry, I thought you were talking about me but I would never, ever put down a dog just for giving me the stinkeye. I think few people would.

My original example though, that dog was brought up well. My brother was quite fond of him, lovable dog. He had never attacked anything or anyone before he brutally attacked my brother's dog.

In Toledo, which is the biggest city near me, any pit bull brought in that isn't claimed within 3 days is put down. There is no attempt to adopt it out, even if it isn't vicious. No other dog is treated this way. Some towns around me won't allow ownership of pits within the city limits. A pit bull bite will make the tv news here but not others. They aren't looked on or treated the same, simple because idiots want to be tough and have dog fights or protect their drugs.

My dog when I was a kid was part collie. She loved everyone and everyone loved her. Let another dog come in the yard and it had better run. That's just the way some dogs are.

My sheltie won't tolerate another dog sniffing his butt or ____. He had the neighbors dog by the throat when it got underneath him and started licking. Dogs don't treat other dogs like they would people.

My last dog before the one I have now was a pit/black lab mix. Sweetest dog you would ever have seen.

Once I was taking him for a walk and someone's dumb rotweiler was roaming the streets alone and he jumped my dog who had no clue. This dog was being agressive, not playful. But my dog was so naive and tried to engage it in play. I think had that dog been slurping on his brain his tail would still have been wagging. He was THAT sweet. :monkey2

27882_391584040795_620715795_4500825_2188149_n.jpg

My last dog before the one I have now was a pit/black lab mix. Sweetest dog you would ever have seen.

Once I was taking him for a walk and someone's dumb rotweiler was roaming the streets alone and he jumped my dog who had no clue. This dog was being agressive, not playful. But my dog was so naive and tried to engage it in play. I think had that dog been slurping on his brain his tail would still have been wagging. He was THAT sweet. :monkey2

Cute dog. And are you Clark Kent?

Where did you get the idea more golden retrievers bite people than pitbulls? That's a bold claim knowing golden retrievers are one of the most docile, family-friendly large-breed dogs you can get.

And pitbulls, rottweilers, dobermans, all of them were consistently bred through the ages to be attack dogs, guard dogs. I'm sorry, that's just how it worked out. You can't take those hundreds of years of breeding for that specific purpose and throw it away and call these dogs as normal and innocent as any other dog. You may brush off their tough-worn heritage, but their instincts cannot.

It's not an idea. They keep stats that you can look up. Last time I looked them up I believe the retrievers, cocker spaniels, and chows led the list. And just because the breed was bread for certain instincts doesn't make it more likely to inact on it if you have a responsible owner. What it does mean is if it does react on it, it'll have a killer instinct vs. that of a more docile breed. Mastiffs were bread to hunt lions but they aren't terrorizing zoos nationwide. Pits are shown at dog shows alongside every other recognized breed and there is never a problem. Blame the people for a bad dog.

It wouldn't surprise me if more people were bitten by golden retrievers than pit bulls on a yearly basis or whatever. What would surprise me was if the damage from those golden retriever bites were on par with bites from a pit. Somehow I don't see that being the case.

Excuse me?

Were you not the one discussing responsible gun ownership with me the other day? Do I strike you as a "scared, frightened sissy ass white person"? A LOT of grown adults are scared of spiders. Okay, spiders look a little creepy and yeah they bite, but really? But a fear of pitbulls is what makes me sissy? Pitbulls are huge, muscular, strong, instinctual dogs with very strong, big jaws and big teeth, and when they bark at you you KNOW it, they snarl, growl, drool. That's not something I'm supposed to be afraid of? That makes me a sissy ass white person? Pitbulls CAN and HAVE killed people, on numerous occasions. Strangers, kids walking down the street, their own owners. These are formidable creatures and an angry one IS a threat to one's life. I hardly see how that makes me sissy.

Funny post coming from someone who thinks that everyone should have a gun on them at all times. That scares me much more than a pitbull.

A retriever's mouth is soft enough to carry an egg without breaking it. A pit's jaw is made to be a vise grip. One's going to hurt the other is going to maim. That's part of my point though, it's an owner/handler problem, not a dog problem. There's a Spiderman quote to insert here.

Heh. :) That wasn't actually why I hate them. I hate them because they restrict responsible people from carrying them all the while knowing criminals do it, break the law to get the guns, break the law to carry the guns, and break the law WITH the guns. I happen to believe most people are good, therefore if most people were allowed to carry guns, there would be a lot less crime. Think what would have happened if some people on the 9/11 flights had right-to-carry licenses.

I believe that this quote would imply otherwise, if I read it wrong then I apologize.

He looks like he was a good boy. :) :monkey2

Funny post coming from someone who thinks that everyone should have a gun on them at all times. That scares me much more than a pitbull.
Ahh Jeff you're so wise, like a miniature Buddha covered in hair.

:D

Back