Please help deathrow dog Lennox.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that this quote would imply otherwise, if I read it wrong then I apologize.
Sorry, you read it wrong. It's okay.

It implied good people should be able to carry guns. As in responsible, law-abiding citizens. Who would even THINK to try to commit a crime if there's a 50/50 chance your victim is packing?

I don't know any good people. I know people who can be good but throw them behind the wheel of a car and it's like they are a completely different person. There is no way to quantify "good" in a satisfactory way in regards to guns. IMO of course.

That's part of my point though, it's an owner/handler problem, not a dog problem. There's a Spiderman quote to insert here.

"I missed the part where that was my problem."

parkerl.jpg

i feel sorry for the dog. but no one came to the aide of the sled dogs in alaska or canada or whereever that ass killed like 100 or so . because sleding season was over and no wanted them,..he butchered them and gave a great detail on it..now there paying this jack..i say..turtlepower73 don't let your emotions get the best of you..

There is no way to quantify "good" in a satisfactory way in regards to guns. IMO of course.

Guns are dangerous in and of themselves and you give them to people the problem goes ten fold. Plus the whole right to bear arms was written when each state needed the right to form militias now we have the national guard to take care of that. So technically unless every person plans for form some kind of militia......... In all honestly I have no problems with folks owning pistols and rifles for target shooting and hunting. The automatic guns I have a MAJOR problem with and being able to pack a gun going about your business is just asking for all kinds of trouble.

Anyways I'll get off that horse.

Sorry, you read it wrong. It's okay.

It implied good people should be able to carry guns. As in responsible, law-abiding citizens. Who would even THINK to try to commit a crime if there's a 50/50 chance your victim is packing?

don't even know what to say to that, it's just so naive......

I don't know any good people. I know people who can be good but throw them behind the wheel of a car and it's like they are a completely different person. There is no way to quantify "good" in a satisfactory way in regards to guns. IMO of course.

exactly, who exactly is good?

i feel sorry for the dog. but no one came to the aide of the sled dogs in alaska or canada or whereever that ass killed like 100 or so . because sleding season was over and no wanted them,..he butchered them and gave a great detail on it..now there paying this jack..i say..turtlepower73 don't let your emotions get the best of you..

I never heard of this. How ____ty! :mad:

Guns are dangerous in and of themselves and you give them to people the problem goes ten fold. Plus the whole right to bear arms was written when each state needed the right to form militias now we have the national guard to take care of that. So technically unless every person plans for form some kind of militia......... In all honestly I have no problems with folks owning pistols and rifles for target shooting and hunting. The automatic guns I have a MAJOR problem with and being able to pack a gun going about your business is just asking for all kinds of trouble.

Anyways I'll get off that horse.
Nuh uh. Second amendment grants guns for a militia, yes, but also for the people. As in, you and me. Citizens.

don't even know what to say to that, it's just so naive......

exactly, who exactly is good?
Naive? I am a lot of things, but naive is not one of them. Who is good? People who pass their background checks. People who take classes on responsible gun ownership. People who OBEY THE LAW. And only those people who feel they can responsibly carry a gun. I'm not stating any mandatory orders here. Obviously most people WOULDN'T carry a gun even if they could, because most people are scared of guns. That's fine. Be scared of guns. But a rapist comes after your wife on her way home from the bus stop, you might wish she could have yelled "I've got a gun!" and flashed that sucker because that's really all you need to do to stop rape in an instant.

Why I support the second amendment though is not for petty squabbles between citizens. I support it for the reason they made it. To protect the people against a tyrannical government. Because you can always call the police against a gang-banger, but who do you call against the police?

Gun isn't gonna really stop a rapist. You'd have to see them a mile away and if they want to do something horrible they just might use the gun on you. As far as being safe from a government well I hate to burst your bubble but unless you got a nuke you're screwed. :lol

so, someone who passes a background check and takes classes are good? A background check really doesn't do much until we ask for some kind of psych evaluation, even then someone could just snap one day just like the pitbulls you don't like.

There are plenty of women who fended off rape by using pepper spray, you don't need a gun. And even giving "if only a woman had a gun, she wouldn't get raped" example goes back to you thinking that everyone should be carry around a concealed weapon. How exactly would that random woman know to carry a gun on that exact day to fend off a rapist?

Nuh uh. Second amendment grants guns for a militia, yes, but also for the people. As in, you and me. Citizens.

Yes, huh. Trust me I tend to love learning about our government and have read up on it by folks who know far better than I.

This is what was passed by congress.:

As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What its saying is that in order to protect the people for them to form a militia they have the right to bear arms to protect themselves. Of course this was before we had an army that would do it for us or national guards that would as well.

Gun isn't gonna really stop a rapist. You'd have to see them a mile away and if they want to do something horrible they just might use the gun on you. As far as being safe from a government well I hate to burst your bubble but unless you got a nuke you're screwed. :lol
I realize one person cannot fight the government, but you have to remember our founding fathers DID win their freedom against a tyrannical government because of their guns. It's the principle of the thing.

And yes, guns can make bad situations worse. But even if the woman hadn't had proper training with a gun, it sure as hell would even the odds and you can't argue that.

so, someone who passes a background check and takes classes are good? A background check really doesn't do much until we ask for some kind of psych evaluation, even then someone could just snap one day just like the pitbulls you don't like.

There are plenty of women who fended off rape by using pepper spray, you don't need a gun. And even giving "if only a woman had a gun, she wouldn't get raped" example goes back to you thinking that everyone should be carry around a concealed weapon. How exactly would that random woman know to carry a gun on that exact day to fend off a rapist?
Sigh.
I'll get back to you. I'm being attacked at two separate forums right now and it's hard to divide my attention.

But give people a little more credit than pitbulls, okay?

no deal, people are evil. By the by I am not attacking you, hell I don't even you know, you could be the nicest person I would ever meet. I just have an issue with you blase attitude towards a dogs life because you don't like the breed, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited:
Back