Pinhead Project - Update 6/26 - Fingers crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 2/18/2013 Pg.10 DEMOLDING

I'm in for an outfit too please

And box and head :)

You destroyed master? And how you cast it? When you don't have inner part?

He took a mould of the final sculpture and now he's left with a silicone mould that he will pour the resin(?) into. That will capture the shape of the original piece he moulded.

elar
You destroyed master? And how you cast it? When you don't have inner part?

The plan was always for the original sculpt to get destroyed bc I wanted a solid mold instead of a two part mold. This keeps the mold seams to a minimum. If I did a two part mold there would be a seam line running around the entire outfit and going through the detail in the arms.

As for the casting? Pretty much what The Danger said :)

Alaneye
This looks like a great project. Way back when I used to make and paint latex masks, I used to buy liquid latex carpet adhesive which I used to water down and mix with my acrylic paint. This created a rubberized paint that I could airbrush and the adhesive in the latex helped it to stick to the mask. The paint could actually stretch with the mask and it worked very well. Just thought it was worth a mention.

This is a great tip Al, thanks for posting! :)
I've also been told that mixing acrylic paint with liquid latex from spirit Halloween stores will work too. I haven't tested it yet but sounds about the same.

Also, for anyone that wants to be in for a full kit (head, box, outfit and torture tools), I will start a list after I have a few outfits cast and ready to go so just keep an eye on this thread :). It's NOT to late to get in on this project.

i didn't know you were mking the torture tools!!!!...i basically have everything else!!!!...:-O....let me know!!!!

Mark: But you will pour resin/silicon/whatever on surface or you will pour it and then you will put body into mould? How you will make it wearable? If you understand, what I mean =)

i understand what you are saying Elar.....its what had me a little perplexed....cause if its suppose to be a pull over of sorts....how will you create the inside piece which will keep the rubber from filling up the cast?

i didn't know you were mking the torture tools!!!!...i basically have everything else!!!!...:-O....let me know!!!!

Yep, I will be posting picks of the torture tools after I start casting the outfit.

Mark: But you will pour resin/silicon/whatever on surface or you will pour it and then you will put body into mould? How you will make it wearable? If you understand, what I mean =)

i understand what you are saying Elar.....its what had me a little perplexed....cause if its suppose to be a pull over of sorts....how will you create the inside piece which will keep the rubber from filling up the cast?

Basically I will be filling up the mold with the rubber and letting it sit for a while. Then I'll flip it and let the excess drain, leaving a thin "skin" behind. It will take a few times of doing this to get the right thickness. This also let's me control the thickness since it will build up in layers.

I'm really excited to get the first one cast as well. I'll be cleaning out the mold tonight since I didn't get a chance to do it yesterday. once the mold is clean and dried I'll do the first pour.

Also, when I cast the bottom dress of the outfit I was thinking about casting it a little long. That way if someone wants to put boots or whatever on the feet you can cut it to the right size instead of worrying about it being to short with a certain pair of shoes/boots. Does that sound like a good idea? :dunno

That's a very good idea... also gives the option to distress the bottom edge a bit too in case someone wanted to do that.

That is a such a sick project man I cant wait to see the final outcome as it will be epic :rock

Thanks guys!

I'm doing a test pour right now to get an approximate time for how long it will take the rubber to set. If all goes well I will be pouring the first cast in a few hours.

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 2/24/2013 Pg.12 Casting Started

I've started casting the outfit. The first layer is draining out now and the next layer will go in soon.

casting1.jpg

Are these available? If so Could you please put me down for a head cast and untainted suit? Thanks!

BEYOND stoked to see this casting. This should be really good man.

Please post pics of what you got...I would love to see this...:)

nothing new to post yet. the second layer is in and curing. It's taking longer than expected to cure due to the total enclosure of the mold. I have a hair dryer setup now to give some "air flow" though.

Back