Blitzway 1/6 "Where's Wally"/"Where's Waldo" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering how much complaining you all do about Hot Toys only doing Disney figures or Iron Man releases, i thought you?d all be keeping an open mind to companies broadening their licenses like Blitzway do. Companies can never seem to win around here.

I have zero interest in this figure but Wally is without a doubt one of the most recognisable characters in books and has been around for decades. Absolutely nothing random about this release and kudos to Blitzway for once again having the balls to think outside the box.
I like getting something unique that’s not from a huge franchise, but this is almost too niche. I mean really who was asking for a Where’s Wally/Waldo figure?

Almost too niche. :lol

Waldo is not why I started collecting movie figures in 1/6th. I don't collect pure nostalgia. That's crazy. What do you do, re-buy everything from your past?

Anything that isn't Star Wars or MCU is refreshing. But I keep to at least it being film/tv oriented.

That's why to me the Clouseau offering is very unexpected and welcome. Waldo... not so much.

Inspector Gadget I was more accepting of. Still wasn’t for me (even though I liked the cartoon as a kid), but I at least sort of understood the appeal. Plus being 1/12th made sense. This is a true oddity though. I just can’t imagine who was asking for this.

I just can’t imagine who was asking for this.

That's not always how it works.

It's pretty clear at this point that Blitzway is making things as a favor to somebody. One of the aspects of licensing that people don't really hear or talk about is how it's not always the manufacturer pursuing the licensor. Sometimes the licensor wants product out in the market to promote their brand.

So Blitzway isn't out of pocket anything, they're not paying a guarantee to the licensor, they only manufacture what they take orders for and pay Dreamworks a royalty, everything else is profit for them.

Blitzway aren't good enough to eat with the big boys, so they have to make do with whatever scraps fall off the table onto the floor.

Blitzway 1/6 "Where's Wally"/"Where's Waldo" Figure

Blitzway aren't good enough to eat with the big boys, so they have to make do with whatever scraps fall off the table onto the floor.

What a crap statement .

BLitzway is way more ballsy than HT at this point. The figures they are doing are way more daring than sticking with guaranteed characters and rehashes. Not to mention the constant double dips and 2.0 nonsense they are up to.

I for one hope the continue to surprise us and succeed. I own 6 Blitzway figure and they are all way up there in quality. Add on the assessorys they add, and they are right there at HT level for the price.

The sad truth is , I have not bought an HT figure in ages. They are way to predictable and boring. They only seem to cater to the Marvel and SW super collectors now. You know them, they buy any armor figure that put out, without reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Blitzway 1/6 "Where's Wally"/"Where's Waldo" Figure

What a crap statement .

It was semi ironic.

Semi, because Blitzway's paintwork leaves a lot to be desired lately as does their choice of materials.

A company like Asmus has come a long way since they were making crappy bootlegs such as the awful Bank Robber Joker outfit (which they promoted using the original Hot Toys), but Blitzway seems to be going backwards. They reached a high point with the Ghostbusters, but even then dropped the ball with Winston. I lost faith in them with the Hannibal paintwork, and realised they'd been over rated, likely because of the KA Kim connection.

It was semi ironic.

Semi, because Blitzway's paintwork leaves a lot to be desired lately as does their choice of materials.

A company like Asmus has come a long way since they were making crappy bootlegs such as the awful Bank Robber Joker outfit (which they promoted using the original Hot Toys), but Blitzway seems to be going backwards. They reached a high point with the Ghostbusters, but even then dropped the ball with Winston. I lost faith in them with the Hannibal paintwork, and realised they'd been over rated, likely because of the KA Kim connection.

In terms of 1/6 they have some shortcomings with final product and paint apps, however the statement about Blitzway not being able to play with the big boys is ridiculous. Blitzway does absolutely incredible work with statues and most recently their cartoon lines as well.

In terms of 1/6 they have some shortcomings with final product and paint apps, however the statement about Blitzway not being able to play with the big boys is ridiculous. Blitzway does absolutely incredible work with statues and most recently their cartoon lines as well.

It was ironic obviously, following on from the previous comments.

Then less ironic, with reference only to 1/6, Blitzway falls short of the best. Below HT, VTS or Asmus, but above the likes of Star Ace.

They seem to have the potential, but then opt to cut costs with materials and finish.

I expect to see this win Michael Crawford's new 2021 figure category "figures absolutely nobody asked for and even fewer will buy"

They seem to have the potential, but then opt to cut costs with materials and finish.

The above statement is true. It's also true that some of the work Blitzway does is quite good.

I think they are overrated because of those initial Ghostbusters proto photos. They got a lot of hype out of those and the Ecto 1. The figures are great but the production sculpts came up well short of those Kim prototypes. There was some egregious corner cutting on that Ecto-1 too. The electronics are a mess, the "sound feature" is a joke, the chrome bumper paint was downgraded, and most egregious of all was when the applied a vinyl decal to the back of the car when they realized they made a huge error with the color of the paint.

Comparing them to HT in any favorable manner is kinda funny at this point. Star Wars and Marvel vs. Where's Waldo and cancelling a Cutthroat Island figure due to lack of interest:lol

The above statement is true. It's also true that some of the work Blitzway does is quite good.

I think they are overrated because of those initial Ghostbusters proto photos. They got a lot of hype out of those and the Ecto 1. The figures are great but the production sculpts came up well short of those Kim prototypes. There was some egregious corner cutting on that Ecto-1 too. The electronics are a mess, the "sound feature" is a joke, the chrome bumper paint was downgraded, and most egregious of all was when the applied a vinyl decal to the back of the car when they realized they made a huge error with the color of the paint.

Comparing them to HT in any favorable manner is kinda funny at this point. Star Wars and Marvel vs. Where's Waldo and cancelling a Cutthroat Island figure due to lack of interest:lol

I was on the Blitzway hype train with the Ghostbusters figures, and even willing to overlook Winston.

However, I thought Ecto looked cheap like an oversized toy, rather than a toy that passes for a model. Then there were all the reports of quality issues and doors that wouldn't close properly etc.

After that there was the paint on the Hannibal figures, and I started to wonder about the Zorro I had on order.

Zorro looks really effective on display, but up close there's the iffy hat, unconvincingly painted boots, the sword with its soft rubber guards, and I don't like the unmasked head much at all.

It was only when the issue of the stained Ghostbusters uniforms rose that I realised there weren't even any faux zips in the pockets. That's the sort of expected detail a company like VTS would add.

So, I don't regard Blitzway very highly. They're either struggling against high licensing fees, or they just don't care much for high end detailing.

I like getting something unique that?s not from a huge franchise, but this is almost too niche. I mean really who was asking for a Where?s Wally/Waldo figure?

I guess the people who have been buying Wally books for the last 40 years, i dunno. There?s a market for anything really.

Huge fan had the books as a kid so I ordered one I’m going to hide it in my collection room

Back