Pinhead Project - Update 6/26 - Fingers crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 4/22 page 5 Outfit WIP

yeah Mark...i need this to be somewhere in my collection....like...since yesterday...:)

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 4/22 page 5 Outfit WIP

it's actually almost done. I ended up reworking the arms a 3rd time.
I'm working on finishing up the detail on the back before I add he neck collar back on. I'm also reworking the notch in his stomach. in these pics it looks like just a V, but I've reworked it to look more like a pulling down of the skin.

Here are some pics I took last weekend. Let me know what you guys think so far.

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 6/24 page 7 Outfit new pics

Those are such sights to see!

Fantastic work! How is the leather research going?

Thanks Reinhardt! I found a sight that has pretty thin leather. Since I'm almost done the back I'm going to order some and see how it looks. I also have an idea of using the same rubber for the bottom dress as I'll be using for the top. I would just use a thin layer of it and I could sculpt some of the pleaded lines at the top. There is also the added option of being able to add a wire mesh to the inside of the dress making it some what poseable. Going to try to get pics up of the back this weekend too!

i have a question...since the torso of the outfit will be rubber, how are we to paint the flesh and blood parts without it flaking off....or are you going to use a different material that will take paint good??...just trying to avoid eventual questions that will come sooner then later...LOL

i have a question...since the torso of the outfit will be rubber, how are we to paint the flesh and blood parts without it flaking off....or are you going to use a different material that will take paint good??...just trying to avoid eventual questions that will come sooner then later...LOL

Well, let's file that under "stuff I didn't think about" lol. Thanks for the mini heart attack :panic: ;)

This is the latex I have picked out for casting the outfit.

https://www.monstermakers.com/product/Mask-Latex-for-Black-Masks.html

They recommend using a latex base paint like this
https://www.monstermakers.com/product/latex-paint-base.html

You could then paint over the base paint or use their latex mask paint, then seal it. They also have two different gloss sealers on their site as well at the following link.

https://www.monstermakers.com/category/special-effects-clear-flexible-high-gloss-coatings.html/

I'm not "married" to this product. If anyone has experience with another material they would recommend I'd be interested to hear about it!

Coming along nicely.

One idea I'll throw out there: since it's kind of an investment to pick up all the concentrated latex paints and base (and few people will likely use much of it), maybe grab some bottles of red and white concentrated latex and include a little with some base either mixed in or in a separate container with each "kit." You can buy air tight plastic containers or paint tubes at art stores. Then work it into the final price.

Sculpting looks top notch so far :duff

so the suit will be unpainted right ?

An update would be AWESOME!...:)

Hey levit! Sorry for the lack of updates. Right now I am waiting on some extra funds to order the rest of the molding and cast supplies. The main part of the sculpt is done. I just have to add the collar back on.

Last edited:
Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 9/13 page 8

Hi all, just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know I've ordered the mold for the outfit. Hopefully it will be here some time next week. I'm still making some small changes/adjustments here and there while I'm waiting for the mold to get here.

sweet!!!! are you still going to be adding leather to the outfit?

Still trying to find actual leather that is thin enough. I got a sample from two places (can't remember the names right now) but they were normal thickness. I did pick up a simulated leather from a local shop. So I will be testing that as well. I'm still looking for actual black leather that will work well, I haven't given up on it. I'll also be testing making the bottom out of the same material as the top too.

can we get the piece without the leather??....if so...can i just buy the piece from you now?...:)

Just a quick update. I got the molding material I needed but I found out quickly that I didn't order enough, so I'm waiting for the rest to get here so I can mold the outfit.

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 2/10/2013 Outfit Molding in Progress

So here is a long over due update :slap

I haven't been posting many updates but I have been working on the outfit and I'm happy (and terrified) to say that the sculpt is done and I have began to mold the outfit. It hasn't been easy finding time to finish this but the end is near for anyone that has been waiting.

Here are a few pics of the outfit before and during molding. It's hard to see some of the detail like the skin lines on the pulled out skin flaps due to using my cell to take the pics.

Let me know what you guys think!

outfit6.jpg

outfit7.jpg

outfit8.jpg

outfit9.jpg

outfitmold1.jpg

outfitmold2.jpg

outfitmold3.jpg

Back