Pinhead Project - Update 6/26 - Fingers crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead Project - Update 11/10 Pg.26 - Metal tools or Plastic tools???

Hi all!

Thanks for all of the feed back! I am definitely going to put the hook on the tools so they are removable. I will do some tests with the metal tools this weekend and see how that goes. I'm still going to make the mold for casting the tools that I already made in the event that making the metal tools proves to be too time consuming or problematic. I don't have to wait for the mold if I need it. Seaming/patching each top that comes out of the mold is very time consuming already so I don't want to add to how much time it takes to make each set.

The dress test piece worked really good but it was a little too small at the waist so I am making another one tonight that should fix that. Every other piece is ready to cast up multiple copies. Just about done :) !

Any new updates Mark?!

updates are always welcomed....I know we were soooo close to finishing this....let us know what has been going on in the last 5 months....thanks

Hi guys,

To start off. Air bubbles in stone molds are the devil. Not as easy to get rid of like silicon molds. I have gone through 5 stone molds due to various issues of cracking or too much distortion in the mold. I now have two stone molds. One fall back mold and One that I finished casting last week that I will be getting ready tonight for a test pour tomorrow. Pics of the new mold are below. I also tried grinding out the metal tool but it is going to be to much to try to get done. The blades will be cast in resin but the handles will be in wood. pics below of the new mold and tools. The pic of the tools has the old plastic handles. The handles will be wood though.

newstonemold.jpg

woodhandle.jpg

tools.jpg

haven't forgotten about this one....how are we looking?

haven't forgotten about this one....how are we looking?

I had another setback with the previous mold and had to wait a bit to order some new supplies. Basically the detail on the upper right arm got messed up and could not even bee seen in the casting. Now, I have a new mold already done and have a little bit of patching to do tonight on some tiny air bubble holes. I got a new gallon of rubber as well in anticipation for casting this weekend. There are several sets of gloves already cast. I will post pics of the new cast this weekend. It takes about a day for the outfit to fully set so the pics may not be ready until Sunday as long as I can cast on Saturday. I'm working on getting something setup to blow a steady stream of air into the mold to help the cure time go a little quicker, but it's so heavy the thing keeps falling over.

Wow...unbelievable how hard it is to cast rubber mold....I applaud you Mark for not giving up so easily. Must be frustrating for you. You got a lot of patience huh? Well I've been keeping an eye on this thread. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do admire your determination here Mark. This thread is now 3 years old. I'm surprised you are still working on this at this point. I do hope you succeed after all this time spent but I hope it doesn't take another 3 years before this is finally ready for sale. [emoji38] Good luck man getting it done!!

3 years?? Really! I got to give it to you Mark for your determination and patience with your project. I hope it does turn out really great given all of the work you put in it. I'll definitely buy the outfit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only reason why I keep coming around and waiting for this....:)....plus I have the head this was made for...:)...eagerly awaiting to paint it up and dress up this 80's horror icon!!..:)

Back