PF Poll in this weeks newsletter (Oct.8/09)...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know on this site whenever which PF you would like next is brought up Eowyn very rarely gets a mention.

It's more GTG,Boromir,Gimli or of course a RW PF which should be next but since its in the poll who really knows.
We must have the iconic Gandalf that being The Grey then bring on some characters that are yet to receive much notice from SS.

You're right Matt, those 4 you mentioned seem to be the most sought-after PF's by collectors. Which is why this Eowyn thing really seems a bit "fishy" to me. The cynical side of me can't help but wonder if SS has already begun working on an Eowyn PF and they are going to use a "doctored" poll to justify it.

I voted for Saruman
He needs to get done

Saruman has been rumored for quite some time now and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we get him somewhere in the near future. Esp. since SS has already done Count Dooku.

OK, here's the scoop. Eowyn has received 75 of a possible 92 votes in the last three hours moving it to within 9 of the Ringwraith [369-360] and it as now gone from 15 behind Boromir [300-285] to 52 ahead of him [360-308]. I think it's safe to say the credibility of this poll has gone straight down the toilet. :Flush I for one will not be surprised if one of the two PF's still scheduled for 2010 release "just happens" to be Eowyn....what a joke! :rolleyes:

You're right Matt, those 4 you mentioned seem to be the most sought-after PF's by collectors. Which is why this Eowyn thing really seems a bit "fishy" to me. The cynical side of me can't help but wonder if SS has already begun working on an Eowyn PF and they are going to use a "doctored" poll to justify it.

I don't trust Sideshow. Love their products. But I wouldn't trust 'em as far as I can see 'em.

LOL! :rotfl

Bring on Eowyn! :lol

No completion of 12" line, no Fellowship in PF form, no enviroment with the latest dio lines, no listening to the collector! :rolleyes:

I don't trust Sideshow. Love their products. But I wouldn't trust 'em as far as I can see 'em.

:lecture After seeing the poll results so far it's hard to argue with you BF. I too love their products, esp. LOTR, but this poll is total crap. In all fairness to SS though, this could also be the work of some out of control Eowyn fanatic whose figured out how to manipulate the system. Who knows.......:huh

LOL! :rotfl

Bring on Eowyn! :lol

No completion of 12" line, no Fellowship in PF form, no enviroment with the latest dio lines, no listening to the collector! :rolleyes:

If indeed SS is set to produce an Eowyn PF while ignoring the vast majority of collectors who favor "Fellowship" members and baddies I think it's going to blow up in their face. I'm not against SS doing an Eowyn PF, but it's way, way too soon for that....don't do it SS!:nono

SS... for God sake... Eowyn instead of Gimli??? This should be a joke...

This is the kind of poll I would have expected to see on April Fool's Day.......:google

Gandalf the Grey for me, then Gimli if he was on the poll but i think hes just to difficult for SS to handle as for Eowyn could throw a big spanner in the line. Seems most of my £££s are going Weta's way these days.

:lecture After seeing the poll results so far it's hard to argue with you BF. I too love their products, esp. LOTR, but this poll is total crap. In all fairness to SS though, this could also be the work of some out of control Eowyn fanatic whose figured out how to manipulate the system. Who knows.......:huh

I don't like to be a conspiracy theorist but I can only see one reason for SS rigging the poll. An Eowyn PF would almost certainly bomb. We all know what happened to the 12" line when things didn't sell well. Therefore the only reason I can see for them rigging the poll is to have a reason for closing down the line. It doesn't make marketing sense any other way. No matter how much effort they've put in so far if the poll is telling them "nobody wants an Eowyn" they stop right now and concentrate on something else that people do want. They're a business and the first rule of business is "listen to the customer", not "go ahead and do what we were planning anyway despite what the customer is telling us" (unless you are a conspiracy theorist).
That being said then, I'm going with Woodsy's second point here - somebody must've found out a way to mess with the poll. So its up to SS to look into this in more detail (IP addresses (okay if they've worked out a way to bypass the system it might not tell them much, but there might be something suspicious about it), clustering of voting times etc etc) and put this baby to rest - so far the whole thing stinks worse than a Moria Orcs loin cloth and they need to come out and clear this one up good and proper, because there's no way I (or many of the rest of us on here it would appear) believe what "appears" to be happening

Sideshow, its over to you.....

So this poll is an elaborate ruse orchestrated to end the PF line. Yessss.... it's all becoming clear now.

Conspiracy_theory_poster.jpg

So this poll is an elaborate ruse orchestrated to end the PF line. Yessss.... it's all becoming clear now.

Conspiracy_theory_poster.jpg

Whilst thats a very nice poster, did you miss the second half of my post...?? The whole point of my first part was that to believe they would rig the poll doesn't make any sense from a marketing and sales point of view, hence Woodsy's second suggestion therefore makes far more sense - maybe I didn't explain it very well - or maybe the metal shield round my head is causing interference :D

Glad you have finally caught up Chuck (get it, up chuck! :sick). :D

These polls are far from decisive in the first place, with the exception of the Star Wars EU poll which rendered Snow Bunny Padme; oh and perhaps the Spook poll which ended up coming with all the items listed.

Hmm has anyone checked the Star Wars section? Maybe it's their idea of some sort of sick joke!

Or maybe Miranda Otto's a huge SS fan and has got her family, friends and contacts to vote!

Hmm has anyone checked the Star Wars section? Maybe it's their idea of some sort of sick joke!

Or maybe Miranda Otto's a huge SS fan and has got her family, friends and contacts to vote!

I did mention I thought it could be the work of some fanatical Eowyn fan, but I never considered it could be Miranda herself behind this insidious plan......:lol

What a surprise!, we have a new leader with Eowyn outscoring the Ringwraith by another 55 votes in the last hour :lol

Eowyn 441

Ringwraith 415

Boromir 332

Gandalf the Grey 240

Saruman 194

King of the Dead 165

Total Votes: 1787

Started: October 8, 2009

Last edited:
Back