PF Poll in this weeks newsletter (Oct.8/09)...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eowyn
Ringwraith
Boromir
Gandalf the Grey
Saruman
King of the Dead

there's no freaking way Eowyn is winning with out someone cheating. we see more people talking about a boromir,saruman, GTG than her.
this is bullsh@#! i rather see a gimli, boromir, faromir, sam, pippin than eowyn and i don't even collect the good guys. something must be wrong ith the poll. :emperor

Eowyn
Ringwraith
Boromir
Gandalf the Grey
Saruman
King of the Dead

I'm thoroughly disgusted. While I wouldn't kick Eowyn out of bed if I woke up next to her, she's certainly not the character I desire to have in PF. This fails on all accounts.

This poll is hilarious. :lol If the poll included Arwen, not Eowyn then it would have made more sense.

For the record, I voted for Boromir.

Here are the updated overnight totals. Eowyn continues to gain ground on everyone, now a whopping 57 votes ahead of the apparently no longer sought after Ringwraith PF. Eowyn accumulated another 46 votes overnight while the other 5 combined gained 50 votes. :lol

Eowyn 490 [+46 overnight]

Ringwraith 433 [+13]

Boromir 336 [+2]

Gandalf the Grey 257 [+14]

Saruman 206 [+10]

King of the Dead 177 [+11]

Total Votes: 1899

Started: October 8, 2009

Last edited:
I would love to see eowyn done in PF format, and would have no problem picking one up. That being said, even I didn't expect her to be that high on the poll. I can see the ringwraith dropping, it's a waste of space on the poll since it's already confirmed, but to see her ahead of Saruman? Borimir? surprising to say the least. I figured I'd have to wait 5 or 6 years before she was even considered.

Well, who else is looking forward the the Eowyn PF preview in next week's newsletter? :D :lol

:lol It may not be next week....but you know it's coming. The sad thing is I used to think SS was genuinely interested in getting the opinions of LOTR collectors when they launched these polls. It now appears they are nothing more than propoganda tools for current "in progress" projects. :(

She was one of the elvish lot... :lecture

She's from Rohan actually. :wave

conspiracy.jpg

I would love to see eowyn done in PF format, and would have no problem picking one up. That being said, even I didn't expect her to be that high on the poll. I can see the ringwraith dropping, it's a waste of space on the poll since it's already confirmed, but to see her ahead of Saruman? Borimir? surprising to say the least. I figured I'd have to wait 5 or 6 years before she was even considered.

And let's not forget GTG! I don't think anyone is overly upset about the thought of an eventual Eowyn PF, but is there anyone out there that would even count Eowyn on their Top 5 list?,Top 10? This poll is so unbelievably bogus that it's beyond ridiculous. If SS doesn't think this kind of nonsense is going to effect their credibility....they are sadly mistaken. :duh

Like the hem of Eowyns dress, this smells of Horse **** !

Bring on the bowl of fat lump stew exclusive though and I'll still 'ave her :naughty

The adjectives used to describe this poll just keep rolling in. :lol My personal favourite so far belongs to DaveMac.....:rotfl

SS... for God sake... Eowyn instead of Gimli??? This should be a joke...

This is getting ridiculous! :lol

Im claiming shenanigans on this one :sick

Hmm has anyone checked the Star Wars section? Maybe it's their idea of some sort of sick joke!

Or maybe Miranda Otto's a huge SS fan and has got her family, friends and contacts to vote!

there's no freaking way Eowyn is winning with out someone cheating. we see more people talking about a boromir,saruman, GTG than her.
this is bullsh@#! i rather see a gimli, boromir, faromir, sam, pippin than eowyn and i don't even collect the good guys. something must be wrong ith the poll. :emperor

I'm thoroughly disgusted. While I wouldn't kick Eowyn out of bed if I woke up next to her, she's certainly not the character I desire to have in PF. This fails on all accounts.

This poll is hilarious. :lol If the poll included Arwen, not Eowyn then it would have made more sense.

Like the hem of Eowyns dress, this smells of Horse **** !

Do you think this is the reaction SS was looking for when they created this poll?.......:confused: :lol

If it isn't SS behind this - surely not, i'm sure they're intelligent enough to realise that we might notice this! - then i'm sure they're looking into it. They must realise this is bogus...

Hey why am i getting involved? I don't even collect PF's...

To be honest this could not be sideshow's doing, we might just be a bit hasty in blaming them.

I'm just annoyed because the one I really want (GTG), is not doing well to say the least... :(

To be honest this could not be sideshow's doing, we might just be a bit hasty in blaming them.

I'm just annoyed because the one I really want (GTG), is not doing well to say the least... :(

I don't think anyone is placing this thing entirely on SS's head just yet as it has been mentioned numerous times that perhaps someone has found a way to manipulate SS's polling system. Still, you would think someone at SS is knowledgeable enough concerning their own LOTR licence to recognize something is very wrong here. And if that is the case, then why is the poll still up and running?

That being said, this is really going to look bad for them if one of their next 2-3 PF's announcements happens to be Eowyn.....:rolleyes:

And one that note, congrats to Eowyn who just surpassed the 500 vote mark, leaving all competition in the dust......

Eowyn 505

Ringwraith 444

Boromir 341

Gandalf the Grey 261

Saruman 210

King of the Dead 184

Total Votes: 1945

Started: October 8, 2009

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is placing this thing entirely on SS's head just yet as it has been mentioned numerous times that perhaps someone has found a way to manipulate SS's polling system. Still, you would think someone at SS is knowledgeable enough concerning their own LOTR licence to recognize something is very wrong here. And if that is the case, then why is the poll still up and running?

That being said, this is really going to look bad for them if one of their next 2-3 PF's announcements happens to be Eowyn.....:rolleyes:

Yeah I know it (probably :D) isn't of Sideshow's doing, but like you say, someone should have noticed.

Unless of course everybody is secretly voting for Eowyn? :dunno :lol

Back