Petition for a HT Johnny Cash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy Johnny Cash?

• Ofcourse. C'mon Hot Toys!!

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • No, I wouldn't.

Votes: 42 58.3%

• Total voters
Great all-time bluesman, but look at him:

robert_johnson2.jpg

Robert Johnson invented rock n roll.

Give him a hat, a chair, and a reel-to-reel and you'd have as much of a figure as Corleone. Way more of a figure than any from the MJ line.

i think elvis would be the next logical choice for the next music icon. i'd prefer the '64 version of the beatles though. johnny cash isn't that known in asia.

I figure MJ had more of a "global impact" on culture than the Beatles (certainly in Asia and other non-Western places), though the Beatles no doubt had greater impact on music generally.

I would have considered an HT Johnny Cash, or various other artists that they will probably never make but that I love (I think Willie Nelson, Dr. John, George Clinton and Bootsy, David Bowie, Ozzy Osbourne, vintage Elton John, etc. etc. would be much more interesting looking on the shelf. . .). But yeah, since the poll is made, forget about it. If anything, I'll start a boycott poll if this figure is ever announced.

I think a GOOD cash figure would draw more eyes than ANY other artist. I've got posters of the beatles, star wars, elvis, creedence , and while they are all colorful. People only seem to notice the Man in Black when they visite.

Also, with his American V album which was globally recognized as brilliant work, coupled with his passing AND a movie about him, I would say he is VERY relevant.

MJ might have 4 figures. he don't have no movie.

I'd probably buy one if they made it anythings better than another MJ figure. There are plenty of other artist out there that deserve a figure and here MJ has four or so. Elvis, Kurt Cobain, the beatles( not the biggest fan but I know how popular they are) Sinatra would all make great music icon figs.

I have always wanted old wrestler and music figures.
:lecture:lecture:lecture
I'd probably buy one if they made it anythings better than another MJ figure. There are plenty of other artist out there that deserve a figure and here MJ has four or so. Elvis, Kurt Cobain, the beatles( not the biggest fan but I know how popular they are) Sinatra would all make great music icon figs.

Would you prefer a figure of this...
It would look great next to your thriller figure...:wink1:
0616_jackson.jpg

I don't have the Thriller figure anymore. Jackson was no molester imo. Just naive and weird.

How about Van Halen or Ozzy from Black Sabbath? The Medicom KISS figures turned out great.

I don't have the Thriller figure anymore. Jackson was no molester imo. Just naive and weird.

How about Van Halen or Ozzy from Black Sabbath? The Medicom KISS figures turned out great.

For sure, the KISS Pf's especially look nice. Even the medi Jagger and Richards are decent.

I would really like a set of Beatles....I would dedicate a whole detolf to it. Each shelf would be a different look as it corresponds to their albums,

1. Please Please Me (Ed Sullivan)
2. Rubebr Soul/Revolver
3. Sgt Pepper
4. Abbey Road/ Let it Be

Man that would look killer:monkey2

The Beatles did, did it first, did more, and did it in only 10 years so your agrument is invalid. Plus they didn't have to die to sell figures. :wink1:

Kiss is also very high in sales and has even more visual appeal than MJ.

I'm actually surprised HT didn't do any Kiss figures. They'd work more as action figures, too. I guess HT's just cashing in on the MJ fever that's been going on the past couple years.

Although, really. Now I wonder if the M in "M Icon" stands for music or for Michael Jackson. You can't have a line for music icons and have it consist entirely of one guy. That warrants juuuuuust a little facepalm from me.

I figure MJ had more of a "global impact" on culture than the Beatles (certainly in Asia and other non-Western places), though the Beatles no doubt had greater impact on music generally.

You obviously weren't alive in the 60s when Beatlemania was a global phenomenon. It was utter madness everywhere they went. It had never happened like that before, even with Elvis. They changed it all and paved the way for the rest. Michael Jackson was only surfing on the Beatles' coattails.

Back