Original or New Costume? Which do you prefer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys figure do you like?

• Batman Begins Costume(Original Costume)

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • The Dark Knight Costume

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I like them both

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Not even one

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ya i love the new suit, the detail is amazing in the pics. now praying i get mine soon.

The Dark Knight version is the best as far as I'm concerned, thought it looked too much like advanced military style at first but seeing the Batman Begins suit stood next to it now makes the BB suit look really old and dated.

Never liked neither of them. They both don't display his bat emblem all that conspicuously. Particularly the Dark Knight suit. Batman is cool in whichever form he takes, and in this case, that is conveyed via his cowl and cape, so I don't care to focus on his suit anymore. It's pointless.

TDK. I never did like that big panther cowl thing.....and I liked the fact that Bruce could move his head side to side...and not have to do the silly turn around thing.

I think i am going with my Original Suit, while i will be getting the TDK version, for some reason the first suit looks more sleek and less bulky then the new one(which looks more heavy and actually was in real life).

Dunno bout the figures but in the films I prefer the original suit. No doubt, as is the case with all my hot toys figures, my newer one will be my favourite - ie. the TDK suit.

The original....there's more of a mystic and dark feel about the old suit. However, with thew new suit, one gets the feeling seeing a hi-tech military suit in action.

I like the BB suit better. It still has that classic look but at the same time a little more "modern" if you will but the TDK suit seems more like what I imagine Batman would wear if he were real if that makes sense.

It's a tough call. I like seeing Batman as flexible and movable as possible, and the new suit allows him to move much better. But the old suit looks more like Batman to me. Take away the cape and cowl and the TDK suit could be any high-tech military outfit -- or extreme motocross gear. Practicle yes, but also too busy. I like the sleekness of the BB suit, but not the fact that he can't turn his head. Yet I don't really like how the TDK suit looks from behind, with the long neck and low cape. The BB looks a lot tougher from behind, with the thick panther neck and the way the cowl comes down is very classic Batman.
Both figures are out now and I have yet to buy one, but am leaning more towards the BB version.
While the film version of the TDK suit is certainly more flexible, I imagine both suits nearly identical on the figures, except for the neck area, aren't they?
Having said that, I haven't seen the BB figure posed throwing those high kicks like the TDK has . . .

Back