1/6 OGSHANJINSHU LS2019-05 Cyber Killer Action Figure (Trinity)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine from TW. Very impressive head sculpt. The phicen body really works out well for articulation. The clothes are shiny but also surprisingly stretchy too. Had to fiddle with the drawstrings but sorted them out with a dead knot. Got rid of the plastic wrap poking from the top of the pants too.

This figure is basically the ultimate rendition of a 1/6th Trinity and I'm not sure what else could be improved without really nitpicking. Hard to believe it's from a third-party and unlicenced.

PGQzmQA.jpg

I agree. She's really surprisingly good, especially coming from an unlicensed 3rd party company. What is really nuts is that I still have my Hot Toys Neo in the box. And yet I immediately set up Trinity when she arrived... :lol

I can see Hot Toys eventually revisiting the "Matrix" line and giving us a Trinity, most likely to compliment their "Neo" figure, which would make her a version for the first film. Aside from a similar lobby base found with Neo and perhaps better looking weapons and additional hands (gloved and ungloved), I can't think of anywhere else that they could provide a much better rendition of the figure. Perhaps include that short jacket from the beginning of the film? That would be great.

Yeah, what else could a HT version do except more accessories? The short jacket would be nice. A second body with 'real world' rags outfit? More guns, more hands, a flight stand?

Mine arrived today from OSK after seeing the pics and being persuaded to take a punt on her. It has a few niggles like a slightly thin body, a badly designed head/neck joint, and a top that could have been done better (lacing in the back, a gap between the top and trousers, etc), but since we may we’ll never get an official Trinity, this will do fine as a stand in.

D10BEF96-934D-4069-B164-AA392CC6C4D3.jpg

Mine was delivered a day early. Got it today.
55f5306db6dbd8f5af64725f0fc5f513.jpg

This is a great set and the addition of the seamless body really brings it up a notch but I still think it?s a bit too thin for Trinity so I used a Phicen 29B. Gives her a bit wider shoulders and hips.

Bust is a bit too big but otherwise a better fit I think. I also did the neck mod to lower the head and trimmed the neckline of the shirt. Not perfect but I can live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, where did you get those bases from? Did you make or buy them?

And can anyone recommend a suitable seamless body to make her a bit less skinny and less busty? Carrie Ann Moss isn?t actually that top heavy. :lol

I?ve also been fiddling around with the tank top and managed to lower the neckline rather than having it sitting in a straight line. Just debating whether to cut the lacing short. Having several inches of dangling/knotted string just irritates me a bit.

0CF30A4D-24AE-417D-9910-8F6BD65A6DF2.jpg

Hi, where did you get those bases from? Did you make or buy them?

And can anyone recommend a suitable seamless body to make her a bit less skinny and less busty? Carrie Ann Moss isn?t actually that top heavy. :lol

I?ve also been fiddling around with the tank top and managed to lower the neckline rather than having it sitting in a straight line. Just debating whether to cut the lacing short. Having several inches of dangling/knotted string just irritates me a bit.

View attachment 507496

The bases are from the Toy Works Matrix line Messiah (Neo) or Transcender (Smith). They don?t come with name plates so I made some myself and added them to the bases. The name tags are from a member on here called Evilface. He does great work on labels of any kind.

I?ve also been fiddling around with the tank top and managed to lower the neckline rather than having it sitting in a straight line. Just debating whether to cut the lacing short. Having several inches of dangling/knotted string just irritates me a bit.]

Looks much better. The other in hand pics sort of kept me on the fence. Also not exactly an inexpensive figure. Going for $300 bucks AUD.

How does the back look after tightening up the tank top? Good enough to display without the Coats?

Heh, I barely know one end of a needle from the other :D. I just undid the knots and loosened all the loops, then pushed/pulled the top into a better position. Probably more futzing would get it looking better still.

As for the back, I think it’s going to look like a corset no matter what you do. Obviously they went for the simplest and cheapest option, rather than using Velcro, buttons or a zip. Personally I wouldn’t display her without the coats. Apart from the lacing, she looks rather skinny and somewhat bobble headed, which a body swap might or might not fix.

Having said that, displaying her in the coat (at least the short collar one) causes its own problems. It flares out to the sides, particularly around the hips, which makes her look dumpy. Does anyone else find the second coat hangs better?

May I ask the recipe for your Reloaded Neo?

Great flesh tones!!

It?s the toy works messiah. Straight out of the box. All I did was use some ankle extenders to make him a bit taller.

Further futzing, though I’m annoyed that I can’t get the coat sitting right after much examination of the scene where she and Neo enter the lobby. It just seems to make her look wide. I’m wondering if it’s worth trying to use some well hidden blu tack or even fit wires to make it hang more accurately

75985B33-D6A3-4CEF-A80B-57506EBD8142.jpg

Back