1/6 TOYS WORKS TW010 1/6 Transcender Action Figure (Agent Smith)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jumped the pre-order gun, unfortunately. I was so impressed with the Morpheus figure that I figured this one would be equally good.

Yeah, I think they may have planned it that way.

I think the HT sculpt will make a huge improvement since you already have it.

But just having Neo and Morpheus now makes me want to bash a Smith somehow. One more project on the pile.

Exactly 4 weeks since I got my ‘Awaiting Shipment’ email, today, Smith has finally been shipped. So let’s see how long this part of the process takes.

My Smith finally left LA only to spin around Atlanta for several days. And the funniest part is that the tracker says that USPS is STILL waiting for the figure. I have no idea who is actually moving this figure across the country. :cuckoo:

Agent Smith dropped in today, out of the blue.

Giantoy double boxes and then minty-fresh seals the original shipper box for those of you that prefer that stuff. Pretty cool of them.

I've posted a couple of my usual crappy pics below. Straight out of the box with absolutely no futzing. The only thing I did do was replace the hands with the fist ones, as the regular hands appear way too big.

The suit looks good. I was able to pull down the flood pants some and it makes a big difference.

The shirt is nice and the only nit I could pick would be that the collar may be a bit too big/wide. That really is just trying to find something, to be honest.

The neck tie needs to be replaced. It suffers from being way too wide and out of scale.

The angry head sculpt appears to be bigger than the regular one. It is about the same size as the HT "Red Skull" sculpt on my custom Smith.

The glasses on mine had one leg a bit warped. I tried to straighten it as best as possible without risking breaking it.

The ear-piece won't stay in the ear. I have to figure out a way of correcting that, in order to have the plugged/unplugged display option.

He is just a hair shorter than Morpheus. I don't have my HT Neo on display yet so couldn't compare but we've already seen those pics.

All and all, I'm perfectly fine with the figure as is. I will try a head sculpt swap with the HT Red Skull one on my custom but it really is fine as is. It displays fine with Morpheus who possibly suffers from being a tiny bit big-headed...

IMG_1232-1.jpg

IMG_1226-1.jpg

Hot toys those idiots we have to settle for this figure because you cant seem to make it figures in to production. Then why even bother showing this stuff off in the first places

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I always found the Red Skull sculpt a tad undersized, especially coupled with Iminime’s outfit.

Having this figure for just a day, it continues to grow on me.

While not having Hot Toys fidelity of detail, and with having nits to pick, its the sum of the parts that just seems to work for me.

I was seriously considering ordering a second one to utilize the second head sculpt but opted to just pick up some loose parts to update my original custom.

I will say that it would definitely look cool having "3" of these on display surrounding my "Priest" Neo figure, all in fighting stances. Three identical figures except for perhaps having different sculpt expressions...

Another quick shot. Although I will say that the figure looks better in hand than how its coming out in my pics, due to that iPhone fish-eye lens effect screwing things up.

Agent Smith 1 sm.jpg

White shirts with sharp collars are hard to come by. Iminime's is nice, but way too big for the Red Skull neck.

Wor-Gar, I haven't fiddled with the tie yet. I tried to adjust it quickly when I initially opened up the figure but it wasn't easy to do so. I'll try again later today.

The shirt collar is definitely bigger than to a correct scale size. But to be honest, I like the stiffer material that they use, as it will keep it's shape indefinitely. I have a nice Hot Toys white dress shirt that the collar is made of a soft material and when you put the neck tie on, it wrinkles it all up.

Well then I look forward to the futzed version. That collar can likely work if you can get it down into the jacket where it belongs.

I worked on the figure and the tie is just too bulky to get that knot looking good enough to scale. It's not a deal-breaker for me but a thinner tie with a good knot would definitely elevate the figure.

As for the shirt collar, it is quite stiff and the suit itself fits very snug to the body, so with that combination, it is difficult to get the jacket to cover enough of the collar to blend it all in. I was able to move the jacket somewhat over the back of the collar and that helped but I think a thinner tie may help here as well.

REALLY crappy pic...

Smith collar 1.jpg

Collar looks better there. I fear a thinner tie with a smaller knot might make the collar look that much bigger.

You can pick up a great black German Tie on ebay for a few bucks so maybe its worth the try. Just for the hell of it, see if you can get a white shirt with black tie (WWII listings always have them)... I think you might like what you find.

Yep. Good point on the smaller knot making the collar look bigger. Hadn't thought of that. But its definitely worth a shot trying a thinner tie. Thanks for the heads-up on the German setup.

I just want to say that at normal viewing distances, the collar/tie issue is not really that noticeable. Obviously, zooming in on a pic will always draw attention to any little issues. I managed to raise the knot further up and cover the top of the collar more, which does help.

The shirt collar may appear too large but at the same time, the stiffness really makes the whole suit look crisp, if that makes sense. When comparing this figure to my custom bash, it blows it away. My custom uses an over-sized Hot Toys Alfred Pennyworth suit, which makes Smith look like he got on a crash diet and hasn't updated his wardrobe...

Yeah, close up pics can definitely throw off the actual in-hand experience as we all know too well. If it looks good in hand, then that's all that matters.

I know me though, and I'd be spending too much money on upgrades if I bought this. I might as well just start with the upgrades and see if I can build a full Smith. I'd like to find a black suit that I could bleach slightly lighter and then dye green to give it that grey-green hue.

That would be cool. I remember seeing a pricey custom with that greenish suit. It did look amazing.

I probably could have gone the same route with my custom and just continue to upgrade but I thought this figure would cover all of the bases, especially for the low cost, once and for all. While certainly not perfect, I'm perfectly fine with it being in the collection. It's not like displaying a Hasbro figure with a Hot Toys figure. It honestly holds it's own. Its more of needing a few tweaks, such as the necktie, to take it a notch up.

Take the Morpheus figure as an example. Hot Toys could certainly release a "better" figure but with just a few tweaks (necktie and glasses and glossy shoes) I don't feel the need to upgrade to a Hot Toys version, if it were to be released.

I'm just glad we got these figures in the first place. We can't even count on Hot Toys to complete the line, even after showing off their own Agent Smith bash.

Finally opened mine and all the in hand pictures really undersell it. His head is kind of small but he scales nicely with TW Morpheus and the detailing isn?t half as bad as it seems in pics. Suit is pretty crisp too. It?s no luxury tailoring but for the cost it?s absolutely doing the job. Gripes like the knot in the tie being too large are not something I?m going to concern myself with considering this costs less than quite a few Mezco figures.
Also, A Big thanks to the postal service who appear to have used my box as a football seeing as the packaging was crushed to bits but the figure survived so it did it?s job. Good thing I didn?t want to sell this off immediately.
I thought I wanted the raging Smith on display but I?ve got to make use of his earpiece for a little while first so I?m going with that look for now.
B1CBBFEF-1B65-443F-8F6E-CFFB70B2DCD9.jpg
778CE00F-55C4-4B3D-B03C-081F8D1AA732.jpg
3DF2ADB3-117E-4F67-8C7F-F1CD0AA98307.jpg
Anyone able to suggest a suit set which best resembles this one so I could bash a second Smith and make use of the crazy head? Would need glasses too.

Dang! That's got to be one of the most damaged boxes that I've seen posted here at the Freaks board.

I'm just glad I got a figure and some loose pieces to set up another, as it's now sold out just about everywhere and Ebay prices are getting nuts.

By the way, I just picked up that same McFarlane Sentinel last week. It is freaking huge and I'm still trying to figure out how best to display it.

Dang! That's got to be one of the most damaged boxes that I've seen posted here at the Freaks board.

I'm just glad I got a figure and some loose pieces to set up another, as it's now sold out just about everywhere and Ebay prices are getting nuts.

By the way, I just picked up that same McFarlane Sentinel last week. It is freaking huge and I'm still trying to figure out how best to display it.
Yeah that’s the most crushed box I’ve ever received. If it was a Hot Toys I’d be fuming. For the Sentinel I say just start bending the tendrils and see where it takes you.
25B10285-D6E1-4150-8EFD-B9AD64B2EFB3.jpg
I bought that one for a pretty great price and then saw someone selling the entire McFarlayne collection and ended up jumping on that too. It all went immediately into storage but I hope to have room for it at some point.
I’ve also just decided to sculpt a pair of glasses for the second Smith head. Apoxie lenses over a Black wire-tie. They’ll easily suffice for me once painted black and it saves me a few bucks.
71D3A103-E38F-4DE6-8D9A-FAA52EBB22F4.jpg
I think I’ll have crazed Smith in the flying, flexing pose from Revolutions. Just need to order another suit

Back