Official SSC SW "Action Shots" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sith Lord 0498 said:
:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, sometimes it gets intrusive, but it's a necessary measure. I won't get into details, but I had an issue several months back elsewhere on the Net when someone used a pic I made, never gave due credit, and used it to bash the subject matter. So I watermark everything nowadays.

Glad you like the pic though!! :)

Looks like it may still be a problem even with the watermark:
https://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-STAR-...oryZ2476QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

decadentdave said:
Somebody stole your shots!

Yeah, they did. And strangely from TWO different sources!!!

Both of those pics are in my Mace Windu review, but the first pic has my "personal" watermark (the JG initials). I use that in all pics I post on forums. The other one has the Yodasnews logo, so I've already e-mailed the site owner about it.

And the blue background pic...that's Dave Myatt's pic from the RS photo archive, and this seller CROPPED OUT THE RS MARK!!! I've already PM'd Dave about it.

I'm flattered that my shots are being noticed, but I don't want them getting used like that without my permission. The guy does have 100% positive feedback, but let's just say he defaults on sending this figure to the winner. The buyer may recognize the pics as mine, and I may get sucked into the situation.

Yeah, maybe I'm being paranoid (don't be afraid to tell me so), but I don't like them being blatantly swiped like that. There's a reason I've watermarked them!!!

Looks like I may have to delete all the pics in my Photobucket account (temporarily severing the links) and re-mark them with a "Do Not Re-Distribute" disclaimer on them. I know it may sound b*tchy, but I put a lot of time and effort into those pictures so I can make my reviews and so I can share them with fellow collectors. Bottom line...they're mine, plain and simple.

Yup i know the pain of people just takin crap when i used to make alot of wallpapers and had them on my site i started finding them reposted on other sites, even one guy using a whole wallpaper as a background for his website, directly linked from my website sucking up my bandwidth GUH!

Good Luck with gettin it fixed.

Here's another one from me, i kinda liked the last one i did, but i wanted one more interestingly lit:
obiwanlit2.jpg

For reference, the saber blade is photoshop, the lighting on obi wan was done with some blue glow, and then some touch ups in photoshop. I really like it.

Magnuz, thanks for alerting me to that auction. Both Dave Myatt and I successfully got our pictures removed from it, so that matter has been settled.

As for your Obi-Wan picture, that is awesome!! I like how you did the lighting for real rather than digitally. It adds that little extra touch of realism to the picture.

Cool stuff, guys!

I finally opened up my Anakin so I snapped this quickie. After looking at it, i posed mace all wrong. oh well!

22bb1e83.jpg

I wonder if there's a way to sand down the tips on these cathode tubes, because that 'light bulb' tip is the only thing stopping me from experimenting with these....

good pics though :)

You don't even notice it when it's illuminated. It's so brilliant you can't even see the tips hence the photograph captured the white bulb area. The halo effect from the glow obscures it.

Great Vader shots!

And who needs the REAL THING when you have photoshop?

bf1c0184.jpg

And just a few more of Mace...

8371a4ff.jpg

56511755-1.jpg

56511755.jpg

8371a4ff-1.jpg

Back