Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait -- are you saying that Godzilla does NOT live on Monster Island?
:dunno

h8hc31.gif

Didn't Lance Henricksen and Guy Pearce play the same guy? If one died in 2004 he couldn't have been on the Prometheus 80 years later.

Guy is Lance's son.

It's not, Ridley never has recognized the AVP films as canon, they aren't and never will be. They are irrelevant in the discussion of Prometheus.

Since hes using the family tree, he has recognized something. Since Bishop series are named after Peters father, at this point it would be pretty pointless to try to exclude any of the films regardless of how poor some people think they may be.

AVP was Charles Bishop Weyland and Prometheus was Peter Weyland.:confused:

father and son

My mistake. I just thought they were both supposed to be the founder of the company, regardless of their first name, and would therefore contradict each other.

Both are "the Weyland" in their own films. But looking at Alien 1-4, only Prometheus is recognized as canon to those films. The AvP films are not canon; pretend they take place in another timeline separate from Prometheus and Alien 1-4.

It sounds confusing....but you can thank those who made AVP. :slap

Its not that confusing, the father died, the son took over. :dunno

I think both Weyland's are the same person too. Another contradiction would be the introduction of Yutani at the end of AVP:R. Prometheus was still just Weyland.

Probs best to stop the AVP talk in here.:monkey1 :lol

The ages wouldn't match up for them to be the same and they have totally different names, etc. etc. What does Yutani's merger have to do with Weyland? Because the Captains shirt only said Weyland on it? Doesn't really mean anything.

The ages wouldn't match up for them to be the same and they have totally different names, etc. etc. What does Yutani's merger have to do with Weyland? Because the Captains shirt only said Weyland on it? Doesn't really mean anything.

People aren't classing AVP canon in the same universe as Alien canon so any debate on the topic is pointless now anyway. I guess it's really up to the individual whether they class the two together and in which case if they do, your points make sense.

Back