Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so there is this Kevin Smith show called Spoilers
and they were interviewing Damon Lindelof
he pretty much says that the first script had aliens and chest bursters half an hour in, and it was this guy that made them put the stuff at the end,
did this guy ruin this movie?
https://www.hulu.com/watch/369061#s-p1-so-i0

if this was posted ill just deleted it,

so there is this Kevin Smith show called Spoilers
and they were interviewing Damon Lindelof
he pretty much says that the first script had aliens and chest bursters half an hour in, and it was this guy that made them put the stuff at the end,
did this guy ruin this movie?
https://www.hulu.com/watch/369061#s-p1-so-i0

if this was posted ill just deleted it,
Good post, I hadn't seen this yet, but for a show called Spoilers, they weren't spoiling much. But, the dude claiming there was a crucifixtion mural. I didn't see it, I couldn't find it on google, but if hes right, I'd like to see it.

he said he has no SON. :monkey1

He said this in AVP? I don't remember him saying that, but it has been ahwile sinc e I've seen it.

Actually, if you could tell me at which point in the movie Bishop said he had no children I'll watch that part, because theres a wide belief that they are related and many people think they're father and son or grandfather/grandson, I find it hard to believe so many people missed that detail, but it could be an Uncle I guess.

Last edited:
Good post, I hadn't seen this yet, but for a show called Spoilers, they weren't spoiling much. But, the dude claiming there was a crucifixtion mural. I didn't see it, I couldn't find it on google, but if hes right, I'd like to see it.

He said this in AVP? I don't remember him saying that, but it has been ahwile sinc e I've seen it.

it makes me really really curious, about the first draft,
did anyone online ever read that? because it sounds like they wanted to go with another Aliens from what he said, I wonder if that would have been a good thing or not, seems like a lot of the plot holes and bad things are specifically that guy's fault,

Now I kinda wish he was never hired and they made the other movie instead

2zfqpzs.png

I don't remember either, but luckily Prometheus didn't consider anything in AvP as part of the Alien mythos.

I don't remember either, but luckily Prometheus didn't consider anything in AvP as part of the Alien mythos.

Whether it does or doesn't doesn't really matter. AvP is sort of a "what if" spinoff, but the fact remains that characters are still tied into the "normal" universe as Bishop characters are in AVP, Aliens, and Aliens 3 and the viral marketing bio done on Peter's parents sounds an awful lot like Bishop could be his father, even though neither parent is named.

it makes me really really curious, about the first draft,
did anyone online ever read that? because it sounds like they wanted to go with another Aliens from what he said, I wonder if that would have been a good thing or not, seems like a lot of the plot holes and bad things are specifically that guy's fault,

Now I kinda wish he was never hired and they made the other movie instead

There was a draft online awhile back that basically followed the movies storyline, but in it Vickers was turned into a "space zombie" as well. David and Shaw escaped the planet on a "borrowed" engineer ship and then the story went ludicrous as they hit a wormhole and were time shifted if I remember correctly. At the time I think the story was fully believed to be a fraud put online by a fan, but after seeing the final product and how similar that story was to Lindehofs plot, I think maybe we lucked out and got the best we could from him. :rotfl

Actually, if you could tell me at which point in the movie Bishop said he had no children I'll watch that part, because theres a wide belief that they are related and many people think they're father and son or grandfather/grandson, I find it hard to believe so many people missed that detail, but it could be an Uncle I guess.

No, in Prometheus. weyland clearly stated he has no SON.

Ridley Scott doesnt give a hoot about AVP. :lecture

AVP had the decency to piss on the classics.

Didn't Lance Henricksen and Guy Pearce play the same guy? If one died in 2004 he couldn't have been on the Prometheus 80 years later.

AVP was Charles Bishop Weyland and Prometheus was Peter Weyland.:confused:

Guy is Lance's son.

Since hes using the family tree, he has recognized something. Since Bishop series are named after Peters father, at this point it would be pretty pointless to try to exclude any of the films regardless of how poor some people think they may be.

Its not that confusing, the father died, the son took over. :dunno

wadaya mean father and son....there was no mention of weyland having a son.

No, in Prometheus. weyland clearly stated he has no SON.

Ridley Scott doesnt give a hoot about AVP. :lecture

AVP had the decency to piss on the classics.

We're talking about the connection of the two Weylands, since after 4 pages of you not getting it, I'll connect the dots for you. If you don't care about it, then why comment about it ? :dunno

Or is it really that hard to follow a message board conversation?

We're talking about the connection of the two Weylands, since after 4 pages of you not getting it, I'll connect the dots for you. If you don't care about it, then why comment about it ? :dunno

Or is it really that hard to follow a message board conversation?

let me spell it out for you....there is NO connection.

unless you play the pull something out yer azz trick. :dunno

let me spell it out for you....there is NO connection.

unless you play the pull something out yer azz trick. :dunno

Let me spell it out for you, whether theres a connection or not, its was being discussed. Since I referenced Charles as the father and you're reply was like "Didnt you see prometheus LuLZ!!11!1!1" which Charles wasn't even in. Then you go on to repeatedly talk about Peter saying he has no son when NO ONE ever said he had a son. Sorry if you still don't understand. :dunno

Whats the pull it out yer ass trick? Using thought and deduction to discuss a movie on a discussion board? Insanity.

Again, Bishop was modeled after the character Charles BISHOP Weyland from AVP, then you go on to say "He" didn't have a son.

:slap

who do you stick to...Ridley Scott's or the hack from AVP.

Peter Weyland vs. Charles Weyland

Peter Weyland clearly has no son as stated from Prometheus. you ask where Charles Weyland...from the minds that brought you AVP.(they could have called him Willy Weyland for all i care, it still wont connect)

Peter's father is too far fetched to be in discussion. the company all started with Peter Weyland, it was no hand me down.

try the timeline.

Bishop was modeled after the company founder, weyland. modeled after since he didnt have a son.

who do you stick to...Ridley Scott's or the hack from AVP.

Peter Weyland vs. Charles Weyland

Peter Weyland clearly has no son as stated from Prometheus. you ask where Charles Weyland...from the minds that brought you AVP.(they could have called him Willy Weyland for all i care, it still wont connect)

Peter's father is too far fetched to be in discussion. the company all started with Peter Weyland, it was no hand me down.

try the timeline.
Continue contradicting yourself champ, I don't think you're fully as stupid as you are acting. Even if AVP never existed Bishop II had already established in Aliens 3 that he was produced in Charles likeness, NOT Peters.
And I like your link. First entry describes Charles and his wife to a tee, even though they weren't named, which is basically what began the speculation.

AT WHICH TIME I STATED THAT I BELIEVE BY WHATS GIVEN THAT PETER COULD BE CHARLES' SON, YOU BABBLE FOR FOUR PAGES ABOUT PETER NOT HAVING KIDS WHICH NO ONE EVER SAID HE DID, GOOD WORK SHERLOCK
:nana:

oh, first entry did not say Peter's father was the COMPANY FOUNDER. the company founder is PETER WEYLAND.

a model android designed to look like the company founder doesnt have to be named like him either. iPeter? lolz

but who knows, maybe they'd give him a bastard son in the sequel.

both movie entries contradict, but feel free to fill the holes with crap.:wave

oh, first entry did not say Peter's father was the COMPANY FOUNDER. the company founder is PETER WEYLAND.

a model android designed to look like the company founder doesnt have to be named like him either. iPeter? lolz

but who knows, maybe they'd give him a bastard son in the sequel.

both movie entries contradict, but feel free to fill the holes with crap.:wave

f7807a21-cant-tell-stupid-trolling_132580428869-1.jpg

Back