Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could magically change one thing about this movie, it would be the medpod and how the "baby" is handled start to finish. :monkey2

For me It would be the choice of the actress who played Shaw. I really didn't take to her at all I'm afraid. She just didn't seem to have any real screen presence for me. Ripley mark 2 she wasn't imo.

For me It would be the choice of the actress who played Shaw. I really didn't take to her at all I'm afraid. She just didn't seem to have any real screen presence for me. Ripley mark 2 she wasn't imo.

She wasn't ever meant to be Ripley 2. A smart director like Ridley, he realized he was not going to be replicating Ripley.

People expecting a strong female lead similar to Ripley were probably disappointed. Because they created expectations.

Shaw (Noomi) was portrayed exactly the way Ridley wanted her to....and people have their own opinions on her portrayal.

Didn't Lance Henricksen and Guy Pearce play the same guy? If one died in 2004 he couldn't have been on the Prometheus 80 years later.

It's not, Ridley never has recognized the AVP films as canon, they aren't and never will be. They are irrelevant in the discussion of Prometheus.

I didn't see Vickers make a medpod perform a c-section on herself and I didn't see her rip an umbilical cable out of her abdomen. :lol

AVP was Charles Bishop Weyland and Prometheus was Peter Weyland.:confused:

Both are "the Weyland" in their own films. But looking at Alien 1-4, only Prometheus is recognized as canon to those films. The AvP films are not canon; pretend they take place in another timeline separate from Prometheus and Alien 1-4.

It sounds confusing....but you can thank those who made AVP. :slap

My mistake. I just thought they were both supposed to be the founder of the company, regardless of their first name, and would therefore contradict each other.

Both are "the Weyland" in their own films. But looking at Alien 1-4, only Prometheus is recognized as canon to those films. The AvP films are not canon; pretend they take place in another timeline separate from Prometheus and Alien 1-4.

It sounds confusing....but you can thank those who made AVP. :slap

I think both Weyland's are the same person too. Another contradiction would be the introduction of Yutani at the end of AVP:R. Prometheus was still just Weyland.

Probs best to stop the AVP talk in here.:monkey1 :lol

I think both Weyland's are the same person too. Another contradiction would be the introduction of Yutani at the end of AVP:R. Prometheus was still just Weyland.

Probs best to stop the AVP talk in here.:monkey1 :lol

I agree. :lol

Kind of like how there's Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Gojira) and then all the silly Godzilla vs. So-and-so movies that have nothing to do with the former film.

Back