Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more:
931c6b_7e9c485ecc5bbbbc8f7912bc013f3e89jpg_srb_1024_749_75_22_050_020_01.jpg

is this supposed to be what killed the engineers? or was there something else?? Did these just pop up when Prometheus team went into the chamber or were they already there? love how Ridley left so many thing unanswered and open for discussion.

If I could magically change one thing about this movie, it would be the medpod and how the "baby" is handled start to finish. :monkey2

is this supposed to be what killed the engineers? or was there something else?? Did these just pop up when Prometheus team went into the chamber or were they already there? love how Ridley left so many thing unanswered and open for discussion.
That's the Hammerpede.

When the Prometheus crew enter the room with the big head, Alien mural and ampules, the the black ooze starts leaking from the ampules onto some worms on the ground.

That's what they mutated into.

I'm just glad it didn't pop out of her. There were a few times where I thought she wasn't going to make it out alive.

and you mentoin michael bay one of the worst directors ever.
so not so fair.

i was just mad that greygoose was saying i liked michael bay.

I never said I didn't like Michael Bay and never once said he was the worst director ever.:cuckoo:

I like Armageddon, Bad Boys I & II and Transformers 1 and 3. I was simply implying that Bay style films have dominated the big box office takings over the past 10 or so years and are a good indication of what they current movie trend is like.

Some more:
931c6b_7e9c485ecc5bbbbc8f7912bc013f3e89jpg_srb_1024_749_75_22_050_020_01.jpg

those vagi-snakes were the space worms that got contaminated/infected when Prometheus team opened the chamber and stuffed up the ooze vats.

I finally got the free time to see this yesterday. I really liked the sci-fi vibe of the movie. I liked the mutating black ooze concept and spent a good amount of time explaining it to the wife on the drive home. This movie isn't for casual moviegoers IMO. I'd say that you definitely need to have an open imagination to get everything in this movie.
I do have some issues with this movie, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

I never said I didn't like Michael Bay and never once said he was the worst director ever.:cuckoo:

I like Armageddon, Bad Boys I & II and Transformers 1 and 3. I was simply implying that Bay style films have dominated the big box office takings over the past 10 or so years and are a good indication of what they current movie trend is like.

i never said you said that.
you said "There's plenty of Michael Bay films that have 'cool' fights in for you guys" and IMO he is in the top 3 worst directors.
he sucks and all his movies suck.

Last edited:
ha, they are all MARKLARS.
marklars.jpg

seriously, i am interested to see the female of the species...or are they hermaphrodites?

Probably shims.

And WTF; I know it's an art book; but I wish some of the photos, in this thread, and it's bastard sister thread, were in the book.

Probably shims.

And WTF; I know it's an art book; but I wish some of the photos, in this thread, and it's bastard sister thread, were in the book.

Pssst. It's all one thread now. It has been for a day or so.

Watched it this past weekend. I left with many questions but I think that's a good thing....

In a nutshell.....

I love what Ridley Scott “the architect” has again achieved. Being the Godfather of the Alien universe, introducing us to the egg, face hugger, chestburster, xenomorph and then watching the studio and directors add their own touch with alien queens/dog alien/new born /Avp etc. He has now returned after 30 years and reset/reboot this universe. Scott is almost saying “You know guys this whole Alien thing is getting old so let’s add some new ingredients to this universe. Here is some black liquid, cobra creatures, giant squids, engineers and protoxenomorphs. I might not know the answers, but lets just go with it”!!

Imagine what will evolve with these creatures over the next 30 years!!!!

Also the term protoxenomorph revering to the alien at the end. This cannot be a proto as the Alien creature existing in 2004 in AVP (and AVP’s back story). So the “Alien” creature exists. When Prometheus first lands on the planet we could see several dome structures is the distance. Perhaps the crew entered the one that housed the liquid. The ship that took off at the end housed the egg!!!

Back