Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

The way the trend is going in the other thread, surely a merge will happen soon?

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Finally, no more bouncing between the two :rock

Maybe a name change to just Prometheus Movie Discussion Thread too. Alien Prequel thing is annoying.:wink1:

I hear you, but we try not to micromanage people's posts/titles if we can avoid it. I think the current title gets the point across just fine.

I hear you, but we try not to micromanage people's posts/titles if we can avoid it. I think the current title gets the point across just fine.

Fair enough although I do think part of the 'hate' for the film stems from the belief that this film runs straight into Alien; which is ultimately doesn't.:lol

I didn't see prometheus in 3D. i hate 3D.
after i walked out of what was probably the worst movie ever made
avengers. with a headaches and the life sucked out of me.
i knew i would never see another 3D movie again.
if i saw prometheus in 3D there's no way i could of finished it.

When it says "match" I didn't take it as an exact match. In fact, the on-screen graphic did not seem to match up exactly from what I remember. It was probably just a high enough percentage to be considered a match, which happens in real life too.

I could be wrong, as I've only seen it once, but I thought it had a series of bar graphs for each type of DNA and it put them both on top of each other and they were exactly the same.

So my girlfriend is a Classics Major and speaks some Latin. Apparently when David speaks to the Space Jockey, the language is very much spoken with Latin roots. She did say that the gist of it was "This man is dying and can you help him live?" So David was telling him the truth of their intent. Thought it was interesting.

I think I will see Prometheus again. However w/a lot of questions and/or plotholes from some I wonder if Ridley Scott will do the commentary to the dvd when it comes out later this year.

Just curious....:wave

Prometheus Plot Holes (From movieplotholes.com):

I can answer the last one:

7025321_orig.gif

*waits for Lar'ja Thwei to throw hissy fit + counter every single point above with explanations not seen in the movie to continue the fantasy in his head that Prometheus is perfect and teh greatest film he's ever seen in his entire life i.e. 17 years*

Whats to answer. Some of these points are issues with the plot, others are just someone padding an article or they're genuinely too stupid to figure out any pieces of a movie without being spoonfed. :dunno

I could be wrong, as I've only seen it once, but I thought it had a series of bar graphs for each type of DNA and it put them both on top of each other and they were exactly the same.

If they matched exactly that would be a major goof, nothing was ever hinted that we are clones of them, just that we come from their genetic stock.

So my girlfriend is a Classics Major and speaks some Latin. Apparently when David speaks to the Space Jockey, the language is very much spoken with Latin roots. She did say that the gist of it was "This man is dying and can you help him live?" So David was telling him the truth of their intent. Thought it was interesting.

She needs more lessons, I translated what David said, and the exact line he said to the Engineer was this: "We have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass , and we are all out of bubblegum"

I think I will see Prometheus again. However w/a lot of questions and/or plotholes from some I wonder if Ridley Scott will do the commentary to the dvd when it comes out later this year.
Ridely said this movie will be very complete with the added 20ish minutes of footage on the BR release, I find it hard to believe. This movie has a very grandiose scope that I don't know if even 20 more minutes will help.

Back