Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....Engineer orgy

Prometheus-2.jpg

Where's that from?

I'd like to know about this as well. I'd read that originally there was going to be a scene showing the engineers actually working on the ooze to weaponize it, but I don't know if this was just a concept or something that had actually been shot and cut.

Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

I could be wrong, as I've only seen it once, but I thought it had a series of bar graphs for each type of DNA and it put them both on top of each other and they were exactly the same.

You're not wrong.

I must admit the bar graph was the last thing I was paying attention to. Maybe on my eventual viewing number 3 I'll look. :) But I seem to remember the tops of the bar graph matching up, but not the little slices in the middle of them. Or at least not all of them. That was my quick visual impression.

But I could have been filling it in with detail as that's usually how DNA matches are shown graphically.

one of my complaints is with the boring factor.
and don't say you just can't watch a movie without action and be
entertained greygoose.
i've watched all 3 godfathers in the same day.
and wasn't board for a second.
i wonder how many minutes of screen time they wasted on
showing the crew go back and forth from the spaceship to the cave. and i don't even hate the movie. it was just ok.

Does every film really have to have a cool fight just to make it good? There's plenty of Michael Bay films that have 'cool' fights in for you guys who want to see them.

i was talking about yesterday when you said that.

After all the disappointment, I'll always be a Scott fan. At least he hasn't gone full Lucas on his own legacy as yet. Be careful with Blade Runner 2 Ridley!!!

Another plot hole for our collection: Carbon dating won't do jack on another planet unless you have an idea of how much carbon was in the atmosphere at any given time. I could maybe buy them instantly figuring out the levels when they landed, but 2000 years of carbon data to compare it with?

I got a huge smile on my face. :hi5:

:duff

Ah, finally a PG-13 post of Devil's I can reply without fear of deletion! (Good work on the aforementioned lol). Back to reply:

Thank goodness this film didn't have a Jar-Jar...

It was a fair comment as it was a reply in regards to an Alien fighting an Engineer.

i didn't say anything about alien fighting an engineer.
and then you say you guys.
and you mentoin michael bay one of the worst directors ever.
so not so fair.

I made a comment about that the other day in that it would tie the films closer together rather than an Engineer facing a giant squid creature. My apologies for any confusion. And I wasn't being overly serious either. :(

I made a comment about that the other day in that it would tie the films closer together rather than an Engineer facing a giant squid creature. My apologies for any confusion. And I wasn't being overly serious either. :(

its ok.
i think alien tearing apart the engineer would be better than
squid ****ing engineer in the mouth.
i was just mad that greygoose was saying i liked michael bay.

Some awesome pics..and while I was uploading these, my dog found a scorpion at the back door under the curtain which contains a few dozen jumping spiderlings that i've been feeding since they hatched about a week ago.
...can you imagine what the black ooze would mutate these creatures into?

r600x600.jpg

PKAcB.jpg

p96.jpg

p95.jpg

p90.jpg

p88.jpg

p87.jpg

p63.jpg

p55.jpg

p54.jpg

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

I think he's taking a break. :lol

Kinda. :lol

I'm getting tired of being the douchey fan boy all the time. I need to chill.

Also, I do get the complaints. I saw the movie. While I still love it, and I enjoy it, and honestly don't think it's a bad film in any way, I can see it's flawed. So very, very flawed.

But still. I'm forgiving when it comes to these films. The bar is set like so.

Predator, Alien, Aliens is the highest, AvP and AvP-R are the lowest.

IMO, both Predators and Prometheus fell right in between. Closer to the top, then the bottom. But not exactly there.

And i'm A-OK with that,.

Back