Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who has it in hand can confirm the metal blade?? I don't see any mention of it in the specs. It certainly looks like it's shining like metal in the recent pics.

Yes, a few folks with it in hand have mentiones it is indeed metal, some photos even show a reflective quality.

custom made Hair?

from Toy-world.com.hk

P12403812.jpg

P1240373.jpg

P1240374.jpg

P1240376.jpg

P1240377.jpg

P1240378.jpg

P12403811.jpg

Maybe a bit too frayed at the edges, but pretty amazing.

Agreed, the last shot looks fantastic but the others not as much because of the loose strands fraying all over. While real Jack has fraying hairs, 1/6 hair doesn't capture that well and you're better off without them.

Welp, i guess i just won on ebay a hair piece (i bid on it because it seemed like a shame to keep the other headsculpt in the box), so guess that means i'll make two sparrows \:D/

THIS is the next level for HT to conquere -- real hair!

Agreed... and yet another Action Man feature for high end collectibles to adopt, after Eagle Eyes (Parallel Eyeball Rolling System, my arse!) and a voicebox. All they'd really have left to copy then would be a beard!

Yuck, no thanks.

Maybe I'm just not the target audience of this forum any more but hairy Jack Sparrows and sweaty Indys give me the horribles.

Yuck, no thanks.

Maybe I'm just not the target audience of this forum any more but hairy Jack Sparrows and sweaty Indys give me the horribles.

I think a few pics looked cool, but the sculpted dreads look better. I did see some good pics of Black Widow that had the rooted hair futzed really good and looked great.

It's the future, there is no escape.

Hairiness is back! Big time!

Yuck, no thanks.

Disliking the hair is understandable but how someone can dislike the sweat effect is crazy! ..but to each there own I guess.

Rooted hair can look fantastic when used properly by a skilled customizer, but to mass produce it is pretty much impossible.

Of course, 5 years from now when Hot Toys is rooting buzz cut heads and people are jizzing their pants over it, I'll laugh.

Rooted hair can look fantastic when used properly by a skilled customizer, but to mass produce it is pretty much impossible.

Of course, 5 years from now when Hot Toys is rooting buzz cut heads and people are jizzing their pants over it, I'll laugh.

They could just flock the heads to get that effect at this point and time. :)

I'm sure HT is experimenting with it right now.

Mattel has been doing it for decades :dunno

I think the implication is, a skilled customizer can do it with life-like realism, but even Hot Toys looks like a Mattel figure when they do it. I would agree. It's neat and all, but I feel like the rooted hair gives a toyish quality to HT figures and brings them down a bit vs. sculpted hair with the sculpt and paint level HT uses.

Back